TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5902|CA
One thing that differs on the PC version (that I've noticed) is you can hold ammo and med boxes, instead of automatically throwing them. (X360/PS3 version)  Does your ammo/health slowly replenish when holding it, (like BF2) or do you have to toss one down for it to start working?
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

im sure you have to throw it
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6675|Middle of nowhere
Yeah unfortunately you have to throw it. Which is frustrating. Personally I don't get why we can hold them, if there isn't any benefit to doing so, why doesn't it just automatically throw it like the consoles?

Oh well, such is life.

One thing that bothers me is that if you ever heal/revive and/or resupply too many teammates in one life, you will stop getting points for it.

Which is insanely frustrating, I want to get the points for my revives god dammit.

Does this ever happen to anyone else?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England

genius_man16 wrote:

Yeah unfortunately you have to throw it. Which is frustrating. Personally I don't get why we can hold them, if there isn't any benefit to doing so, why doesn't it just automatically throw it like the consoles?

Oh well, such is life.

One thing that bothers me is that if you ever heal/revive and/or resupply too many teammates in one life, you will stop getting points for it.

Which is insanely frustrating, I want to get the points for my revives god dammit.

It only happens when you revive or resupply the same person beyond a single full box. It prevents stat padding.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

Happened to me the other day when I was repairing a tank. It just all of a sudden stopped giving me points
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

JohnG@lt wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

Oh well, such is life.

It only happens when you revive or resupply the same person beyond a single full box. It prevents stat padding.
Okay, that I can understand but then why doesn't it give me points when i heal/revive other people?

Edit:

ebug9 wrote:

Happened to me the other day when I was repairing a tank. It just all of a sudden stopped giving me points
^^ This happens to me the most. I will be driving a tank, and obviously you get hit with lots of rockets, and so I need to repair it, but you stop getting repair points. So very very dumb.

Last edited by genius_man16 (2010-06-22 07:54:32)

Phrozenbot
+632|6613|do not disturb

JohnG@lt wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

Oh well, such is life.

Stat padding? Really? Does anyone even bother doing that anymore?
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

Phrozenbot wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

Oh well, such is life.

Well obviously not b/c they "fixed" it
Phrozenbot
+632|6613|do not disturb

The question wasn't whether it was viable, but that people still cared about stat padding/stat padders. I don't remember how much points I received when I got a resupply point and didn't pay much attention to team points, mainly just my KDR.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

Phrozenbot wrote:

... didn't pay much attention to team points, mainly just my KDR.

Heathen.

PS-I never did, nor do I currently care about stat padders. If you want to exploit your way to level 50 be my guest. It doesn't make you any harder to knife.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5902|CA

Phrozenbot wrote:

Boot up BF2 sometime and look at the servers; most of them are stat padding or time servers.  It's pretty pathetic if you ask me, people still trying to get medals and badges for a game made in 2005..

EDIT: Thanks for the replies everyone.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2010-06-22 11:26:32)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Phrozenbot wrote:

The question wasn't whether it was viable, but that people still cared about stat padding/stat padders. I don't remember how much points I received when I got a resupply point and didn't pay much attention to team points, mainly just my KDR.
Most level 50s in the game are stat padders. There are a million ways to rack up easy points, especially when the game first released and you only needed a single person on the server in order to score. I haven't done it much myself but there was a guy in my clan that bought BC2 for the first time about two weeks ago so we went into our rush server that had died during the night and sat there arming and disarming the MCOM for about an hour while we bullshitted on TS (I just put a golf ball on my E key ). It got him a few ranks.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Phrozenbot
+632|6613|do not disturb

TopHat01 wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

Boot up BF2 sometime and look at the servers; most of them are stat padding or time servers.  It's pretty pathetic if you ask me, people still trying to get medals and badges for a game made in 2005..

EDIT: Thanks for the replies everyone.
A few months after I built my new PC I tested to see it would run without issues on Windows 7 64. It refuses to run correctly for me, but I was able to join a server once, and from what I gathered the few people there were stat padding.

JohnG@lt wrote:

Most level 50s in the game are stat padders. There are a million ways to rack up easy points, especially when the game first released and you only needed a single person on the server in order to score. I haven't done it much myself but there was a guy in my clan that bought BC2 for the first time about two weeks ago so we went into our rush server that had died during the night and sat there arming and disarming the MCOM for about an hour while we bullshitted on TS (I just put a golf ball on my E key ). It got him a few ranks.
I have never looked at the leaderboard, and wasn't sure the level ceiling. I suppose if that is what others are interested in. At least you made interesting use of your time. I've tried many hours to help populate various servers and it is mostly a waste of time.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

JohnG@lt wrote:

Most level 50s in the game are stat padders.
I resent that.

Edit: and yes i realize you said 'most'

Last edited by genius_man16 (2010-06-22 16:24:13)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

How many points do you need to get level 50 anyway?
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

Macbeth wrote:

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

genius_man16 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard