SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
Link

BBC wrote:

Paul Gray, the bassist with US metal band Slipknot, has been found dead in a hotel in Des Moines, Iowa.

The body of the 38-year-old musician was found by an employee at the hotel in a suburb of the city. Police said foul play was not suspected, but an autopsy will be carried out.

The band, famous for their ghoulish masks, won a Grammy Award in 2006 for the song Before I Forget.

Most of the band members come from the Des Moines area.

The musician had been staying at the TownePlace Suites hotel in the Urbandale area for "a couple of days", Sgt Dave Disney said.

Neil Portnow, president of the Recording Academy, which runs the Grammys, said: "Paul Gray had a passion for music and a flair for the theatrical.
Continue reading the main story

"The band's mix of grinding rap-metal along with their energetic live shows helped establish them as one of the most popular bands in the genre.

"The heavy metal world has lost an immense talent, and Slipknot's loyal following will ensure he and his music are remembered for years to come."

The band's fourth album All Hope Is Gone, released in 2008, gave them their first US number one.

It also topped the charts in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Austria, Finland, Sweden and Switzerland.

They scored a number one in the UK in 2001 with Iowa, their second album, while All Hope Is Gone reached number two.

They received a total of seven Kerrang! Awards from the UK metal magazine, including best band in the world in 2000 and 2001, and best international band and best live band in 2009.
Continue reading the main story

Jacoby Shaddix, lead singer of metal band Papa Roach, paid tribute, saying: "Paul Gray was an awesome person on and off stage. He will be missed by many including myself.

"His spirit will live on through the killer music he wrote."

The band formed in 1995 in Des Moines and remained based in the city.

Local radio station director Andy Hall, who said he knew Gray for a decade, added: "This is a big blow, not only to the community of Des Moines but fans of metal at large, worldwide.

"It's a devastating loss. Paul was a wonderful human being."

The nine members of Slipknot wore Halloween masks in public and referred to other bandmates by numbers - Gray was number two.

Their extreme stage antics extended to violence against each other and throwing bodily waste, according to Rolling Stone magazine.
RIP
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6565|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
never liked slipknot, thought they sucked, but i respect them nonetheless. RIP
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6242
Same as above.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
Nice to know people aren't going "lolololololo slipknot" and actually respecting them
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5690|Gulf Coast

examiner.com wrote:

It was announced on his MySpace page this year that he was expecting a child with his wife Brenna.
Poor kid...

http://www.examiner.com/x-6316-Des-Moin … dead-at-38

A drug overdose is susupected but there is no official cause of death at this point. RIP for a fellow bass player.

Last edited by El Beardo (2010-05-25 12:29:38)

Phrozenbot
+632|6585|do not disturb

I used to listen to Slipknot. Back in my misspent youth I thought their selt-titled debut was such an awesome listen. Sorry to hear him pass away. Odd... was starting to forget about them completely.

Last edited by Phrozenbot (2010-06-15 10:29:02)

Chou
+737|6761
You can't deny this song..

Tankbuster=44=
+18|5439|Scotland
You know you're suicidal if you listen to Slipknot. Still sad though - R.I.P
pace51
Boom?
+194|5143|Markham, Ontario

El Beardo wrote:

examiner.com wrote:

It was announced on his MySpace page this year that he was expecting a child with his wife Brenna.
Poor kid...

http://www.examiner.com/x-6316-Des-Moin … dead-at-38

A drug overdose is susupected but there is no official cause of death at this point. RIP for a fellow bass player.
Yes. D:

I played their songs on the drums!
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Good,TmaybeRthey'llOstopLmakingLshit songs.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
"The band, famous for their ghoulish masks"

those masks look like shit
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Phrozenbot
+632|6585|do not disturb

Not that anyone really cares, but the official cause of death was from an overdose of morphine and fentanyl. His autopsy also revealed he had "significant signs of heart disease." Source.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard