Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5642
wait a minute though this is pvtvendetta

so maybe he'll just end up flipping burgers in macdonalds whilst working at the local blockbuster on nights

p.s. eifa it doesn't matter if you can't cook as long as you can make up for it with extra-good head. i mean really good. im a hard act.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|5363|Roma

pace51 wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Hopefully you'll get something nice, like a 747. I heard airbuses are nice too, except that the Airbus requires little pilot attention.
I heard you have no idea what the fuck you were talking about.
Tell me why. Aand give examples. Trust me, I've made many a factual innaccuracy, but a year of reading plane books and cross-referencing hundreds of sources has left me wiser.

However, I don't know commercial aircraft that well.
Firstly 'nice' doesn't really come into it, it's fairly subjective here. And what 'zique said.
They both require similar amounts of attention, it's just that Airbus's tend to monitor themselves more and are more automated.

Last edited by PrivateVendetta (2010-06-21 09:36:47)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|5767|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
Ziique if she can't cook, the who the fuck is making breakfast in the morning.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5642
i heard learjets are totally nice

but those sopwith camels are totally ungroovy

seymore she'll be back on a plane by 5am i've got things to do, like being awesome-by-day

Last edited by Uzique (2010-06-21 09:37:37)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|5363|Roma
Man, I would love to work at Blockbuster.
Or maybe i'll be stuck in an office doing 400mph.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|5750|Columbus, OH
The microwave killed women's cooking skills or maybe the ones I go out with.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|5767|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Uzique wrote:

i heard learjets are totally nice

but those sopwith camels are totally ungroovy

seymore she'll be back on a plane by 5am i've got things to do, like being awesome-by-day
Good point, no need for the awkwardness in the morning.


loubot wrote:

The microwave killed women's cooking skills or maybe the ones I go out with.
No, the feminist movement did.

Last edited by seymorebutts443 (2010-06-21 09:40:55)

SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|5279|Birmingham, UK
i used to have flying lessons
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5642
lol vendetta, yeah.

i have a few friends with licenses - admittedly they didnt slack at the 'typical' school that spits out the paint-by-numbers airline pilot

but they're all weekend pilots now, nothing more. hobbies, if anything.

i dunno how you're expecting to graduate at your age and be taken on by a major commercial airline in the recession-hit aviation industry

it's not as if there aren't a crowd of already-redundant captains and high-qualified commercial pilots waiting to be employed again

but best o' luck. becoming a pilot is way up there with becoming a top city-lawyer in the risk:reward ratio.

pay a lot of money and have a slim shot of 'making it', or have a novelty-qualification.

whatever self-delusion gets you through the day, though, i suppose.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|5361|Canada

https://208.116.9.205/10/content/23101/1.gif
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|5394|Escea

SEREVENT wrote:

i used to have flying lessons
*Eyes the avatar with dread
pace51
Boom?
+194|4345|Markham, Ontario

Uzique wrote:

pace you need to learn (apparently the hard way) that regurgitating facts from books/resources completely verbatim is not 'knowledge'

knowledge is the application of fact, theory, experience and personal judgement

if you were REALLY knowledgeable about planes and aviation you would realize the naive assumptive stupidity in saying to a 20 yr old flight student: "maybe you'll get a 747, or an airbus". yes... maybe... when he's 40 and has flown in the industry and taken the multitude of aptitude and technical tests in order to reach that level of captaincy/piloting. maybe he'll get a 747 when he graduates. or, maybe he'll get a cessna or a bi-plane.
They're not verbatim, they're my own words and from several sources. You're right, I'm naive to suggest he'll get a top-of-the-line airliner after graduation. Errr, kinda off topic, does Cessna make any good floatplanes?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5642
citing a range of sources for your 'facts' doesn't make your knowledge any more 'valid' or 'commendable'

as i said a large part of personal intelligence comes from judgement, reasoning and general understanding...

being able to simply spit out facts and figures makes you autistic, at best, not smart
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|5767|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Uzique wrote:

citing a range of sources for your 'facts' doesn't make your knowledge any more 'valid' or 'commendable'

as i said a large part of personal intelligence comes from judgement, reasoning and general understanding...

being able to simply spit out facts and figures makes you autistic, at best, not smart
Smart is when you are able to figure shit out for yourself, and being able to identify things and objects without the need of a book or another resource. Uzique has it, you're acting autistic.
pace51
Boom?
+194|4345|Markham, Ontario

Uzique wrote:

citing a range of sources for your 'facts' doesn't make your knowledge any more 'valid' or 'commendable'

as i said a large part of personal intelligence comes from judgement, reasoning and general understanding...

being able to simply spit out facts and figures makes you autistic, at best, not smart
I do judgement, reason, and personal understanding. Not very well, though. Sorry for being arrogant.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|5750|Columbus, OH
I find some graduates naive when they first get into the workforce. At first they believe, they are better then their rationale is since I am better, I do not have to do anything or this task is below my standards.
pace51
Boom?
+194|4345|Markham, Ontario

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

citing a range of sources for your 'facts' doesn't make your knowledge any more 'valid' or 'commendable'

as i said a large part of personal intelligence comes from judgement, reasoning and general understanding...

being able to simply spit out facts and figures makes you autistic, at best, not smart
Smart is when you are able to figure shit out for yourself, and being able to identify things and objects without the need of a book or another resource. Uzique has it, you're acting autistic.
I actually, can, seymoure. That's how I found the FSX-2 that RDX-FX posted. However, I don't mean that arrogantly. I can figure stuff out,... I'm not trying to challenge any of your skills, which are definitely better than mine (I have very little experience).
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5642
dont apologize to me - im not the grand arbiter of intelligence

im just repeating what i've said before: your eagerness stops becoming applaudable and novel and starts becoming irritating and borderline-arrogant when you (re)-phrase everything you say with the authoritative tone and magniloquent register of the authors that you imitate. when you read fact/resource textbooks, the phrasing of the writing is exact and authoritative because they're generally written by people that are authorities. people that have enough experience generally in the area as well as enough education and specific information to carry-off such a written mode. when you bring it straight-direct to these forums and make ridiculous or flat-out wrong statements, it makes you seem like a really poor caricature of yourself. i don't mean this offensively, but get some modesty. you are trying to author your own posts in the style and diction of non-fiction writers that are, through no fault of your own, superior in terms of education and 'knowledge' to you. turn it down a bit and, jesus, be comfortable admitting that you're a student in the field, keen and enthusiastic, hoping to make your own way up. there's no crime in being the acolyte before you become the saint.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
pace51
Boom?
+194|4345|Markham, Ontario
I like your advice. I'll give it a spin.
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5043|00770
right. the kid is in bed.
should i run to the store and back for some beer when she falls asleep?
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
tazz.
oz.
+1,320|5346|Sydney | ♥

yes. any responsible individual would.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|5458|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Tazzernator wrote:

yes. any responsible individual would.
Tazz is ignoring me Q.Q
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5043|00770

Tazzernator wrote:

yes. any responsible individual would.
i need to be @ work 7am tomorrow but meh. dunno.

    *  You may post now
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|5947|Moscow, Russia

Eifa wrote:

right. the kid is in bed.
should i run to the store and back for some beer when she falls asleep?
no. beer's bad for you.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
jord
Member
+2,382|5850|The North, beyond the wall.

Eifa wrote:

right. the kid is in bed.
should i run to the store and back for some beer when she falls asleep?
Probably, depends ont he beer,

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard