Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
De Puniet 7th, not bad considering another poor start
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

i wish we'd get MotoGP here. world superbike at miller this weekend, it's as close as i'll get this year . . .
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6204|S.A. Australia
We've got it and I don't go!  Ha!

Sorry
Serious Flex
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

iknowrite!

i did see it at Luguna Seca, years and years ago. it inspired me to buy a yamaha rd400, which my cousin promptly wrecked. good thing he broke his leg, because then he could relate to the pain . . .
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6204|S.A. Australia
What a prick.  Been contemplating getting a road bike.  Had a Suzuki DR-Z400 for about 4 years but I'd like something a bit nimbler on the tarmac.
Serious Flex
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

todays bikes are lighter, and more efficient. thanks to superbike and motogp (like the way car racing brings innovation to street cars), you can get a bike with mirrors and a license plate that would eat that little rd i had for breakfast . . .
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6204|S.A. Australia
Yeah I wouldn't mind a Ninja 250R, just something to blast around on rather than a big 600 or something.
Serious Flex
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England

burnzz wrote:

i did see it at Luguna Seca . . .
Oh the envy!  Love it when the GP hits Laguna Seca for the Corkscrew alone!  Rossi's overtake on Stoner through the dirt on the inside......  Only thing is they don't take the 125's and I assume they won't take the GP 2's there either

Last edited by KingCheese (2010-05-27 09:29:06)

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

a friend and co-worker took some pics at last weekends Superbike.
he got some access from Ducati, and i saw a few of his raw photos.

here's one from WERA, taken 2 weeks ago at Miller Motorpark;

https://i48.tinypic.com/209hzya.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Oh Rossi, what have you done

Valentino Rossi will miss his home grand prix at Mugello after sustaining a fractured right shin bone in a violent crash in final practice this morning.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84151

They say he's probably out for about four races now, that's his title chances gone then
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
Noooooooooooo!  Guess I'm rooting for Lorenzo now then, unless The Doctor can perform some magical self healing.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
fuck it looks like it's all on de puniet
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
Just watching qualifying atm, Toby and Julian were commenting that it looks like it's a done deal that Stoner will be riding a works Honda next year.  Oh well, kinda glad as it means I don't have to hate Ducati anymore   I have no beef with Nicky Hayden, but I cannot stand Casey Stoner!
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
So apparently Fiat Yamaha are allowed to run with only one rider for 3 races including this one.  Estimates are that Valentino will miss four races.  Yamaha, not Tech 3 own Ben Spies contract.  Possible works ride for the American?  I'd love that!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
The Spy already getting a top seat, lucky boy
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
Did anyone see the 125's tody?  Race was awesome!  See what Pedrosa can do when he can get clean air and get a gap?  That's always been his way, he doesn't like to race as such, but he was dominant and in his element today.  Also, Melandri was excellent, Stoner only nicked his position near the end.  Was a good day for Honda, with the works, San Carlo Gresini and LCR's all doing well.  Can't escape the feeling it's not quite the same without the 46 out there though.....
Mekstizzle
WALKER
What's up with Ducati having such a fail season anyway, lol hayden. I was disappointed that Dovizioso couldn't stick it to Lorenzo. Man that Honda bike is so awesome i want one
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
Not MotoGP related, but bike sport in general : Just wondering if anyone has caught any of the Isle of Man TT this year.  I've not seen too much of it myself, only the Superstocks so far but it's always a really exciting event.  Especially when the Superbikes hit the circuit.  Seeing the riders hit insane speeds practically on peoples doorsteps is nuts.  Check it out if you get 5 minutes.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Yeah I saw some youtube video's of last year, onboard cameras... that shit is fucking terrifying. It's not like Monaco or a typical modern street circuit or something, there's no barriers or nothing

It was from this blog about the TT, this shit is fucking nuts

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/06/04/w … of-man-tt/
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
Nuts indeed, there's just no room for error.  No run off areas or gravel traps whatsoever.  You just have to respect the bravery or pity the insanity of these guys.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
bump

Race at the new Silverstone this weekend. Get a first proper look at the new layout. Wonder if the crotch rockets will be able to take the new Abbey corner flat out like the F1 cars will

I've never watched bikes at silverstone, gonna be interesting to see what kind of line they take and shit

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-06-18 07:08:55)

KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England

Mekstizzle wrote:

I've never watched bikes at silverstone, gonna be interesting to see what kind of line they take and shit
Yeah, it'll be interesting but I can't help wishing it was at Donnington.  I can be there in 20mins or so
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
New circuit looks and was fucking awesome on Sunday. Fingers crossed it provides just as exciting racing in F1!! (sitting at Luffield, get a good look at the new straight )
Mekstizzle
WALKER
It's funny watching the bikes have to be so careful at corners which are a joke in an F1 car (epsecially Woodcote) but them bikes just look so awesome going around Luffield. You're never going to see a pass like what Spies did at the new Abbey in F1 and that'll probably be taken flat out in an F1 car.

It'll be interesting to see how the cars will take the last new corner just before the National/Wellington straight because it also looks quite fast.

Good race, too bad for Puniet but seems like his bike gave up towards the end. The yank Spies/Hayden battle was awesome.

They should give Spies the Rossi seat... and he reminds me of Bevo
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492
bs red

wrong thread

Last edited by ig (2010-06-21 07:31:56)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard