M9 is better overall
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6352

Trotskygrad wrote:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

You could take a real pistol instead and get the option to finish a second enemy if the need should arise.
I don't think the pistols are really designed for that - the REX fires too slow, the M1911 has too small a clip, the MP-443 and 92FS are too weak. By the time you've killed the first guy, the second one will be in the process of rearranging your face with an automatic weapon. Unless your enemy is a bad shot, or isn't paying attention (in either case, you could just knife them), then there aren't really any ideal conditions to quickly take down multiple enemies with a pistol.
sometimes you're not close enough to knife and don't want to risk another enemy popping up, so you pistol them.
Yep, knifing is borked and even at close range it takes time to cover the distance and score the hit.
Plus, if you use the pistol to finish someone off, there should be enough bullets left to kill a second person popping up.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6662
there's more than enough ammo in a pistol to take down 2 people
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5518|America

Lucien wrote:

there's more than enough ammo in a pistol to take down 2 people
Assuming all shots hit.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6008|Vortex Ring State

DUnlimited wrote:

I have a new favorite. The M9 is really good.
Told ya.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5367|London, England
They need to add a silenced pistol into the mix. Then I can be a VSS wielding super ninja with a silenced pistol on my hip as a backup when I inevitably run out of bullets
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Bevo
Nah
+718|6530|Austin, Texas

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

M93R. It's a good 'finishing off' gun - just point at your target and empty the mag.
You could take a real pistol instead and get the option to finish a second enemy if the need should arise.
I don't think the pistols are really designed for that - the REX fires too slow, the M1911 has too small a clip, the MP-443 and 92FS are too weak. By the time you've killed the first guy, the second one will be in the process of rearranging your face with an automatic weapon. Unless your enemy is a bad shot, or isn't paying attention (in either case, you could just knife them), then there aren't really any ideal conditions to quickly take down multiple enemies with a pistol.
Disagree

Just yesterday I was finishing up a shotgun star or summat and I ran up on a group of enemies with only a shot or two left in my clip for whatever reason. I killed one with the shottie, shot the second with a shell, finished him off with my MP-443, and then killed the third with the remainder of my clip.

They were too far to knife with the new terrible knife, and the pistol had plenty of firepower in a single mag.

edit: Non-HC, ofc.

Last edited by Bevo (2010-04-24 17:11:50)

Trotskygrad
бля

JohnG@lt wrote:

They need to add a silenced pistol into the mix. Then I can be a VSS wielding super ninja with a silenced pistol on my hip as a backup when I inevitably run out of bullets
DLC tbh.
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DLC tbh.
Karkand for BFBC2, can't wait
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477
MP-443 can kill 3 guys in 1 clip without magnum rounds.

No other pistol can do that.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6421|Belgium

jsnipy wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DLC tbh.
It's already in there. It's called Arica Harbor in Conquest mode.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6574|Area 51

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

DLC tbh.
Word.
Trotskygrad
бля

RDMC wrote:

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Word.
I think me means 100% urban except for 1 area.

You know what I can't wait for?

A flat map with 4 cap points arranged in a square, not in a line. With significant amounts of space in between the points.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6687|Middle of nowhere
Since Trotsky so kindly directed us to this here thread...

M1911 for sure. Almost always kills in 1 shot after you run out of ammo on your main gun, what else can you want in a pistol?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6454|The Land of Scott Walker
M1911 ... can't beat .45 baby
Trotskygrad
бля

jsnipy wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DLC tbh.
we're going to have to wait.

Oh and can a mod merge these two threads already, preferably deleting the flame-skirmish?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard