lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

I absolutely love it!!

Sad that the person filming decided it was more important to video instead of helping the police. Go figure.
God bless video tape... we need more of it, not less.
Personally I don't buy the don't video tape because you should be helping argument. Video tape is a two way street. It shows her resisting and it shows the cop throwing a punch to her face in retaliation. Two wrongs don't make a right in this one. The only winner is the public because it was all caught on video tape. She'll get charged and he'll get retrained on how to be a "good" police officer.

BTW news has it that he was sent for retraining on police tactics on subduing a suspect. Cops aren't supposed to get into fist fights. And what ever happened to never hit a woman. In my book that makes this cop a loser.
I'm sorry, I think I just read that the cop did something wrong....What the hell is wrong with you people?

Fuck that never hit a woman bullshit, where is your decree to never hit a cop?

Last edited by lowing (2010-06-16 20:00:38)

tuckergustav
+1,590|5905|...

wow...when are people gonna learn that they could likely avoid any sort of citation or confrontation by just being cooperative.  You don't have to like what the officer is telling you, but the easiest way to make sure that a run in with a cop goes bad is by getting an attitude.  I don't feel sorry for people that get roughed up because they decide to act like a criminal....

...and I would classify myself as fairly liberal...
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5986|Truthistan

mikkel wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

And what ever happened to never hit a woman. In my book that makes this cop a loser.
I agree with the reprimand and retraining, but the whole "never hit a woman" thing has always been bullshit.
@Galt & Mikkel
Okay, how about "never get videotaped hitting a woman" that has a more modern ring to it. Right up there with never make a sex tape.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

And what ever happened to never hit a woman. In my book that makes this cop a loser.
I agree with the reprimand and retraining, but the whole "never hit a woman" thing has always been bullshit.
@Galt & Mikkel
Okay, how about "never get videotaped hitting a woman" that has a more modern ring to it. Right up there with never make a sex tape.
but go ahead and attack a cop with no problem......you would make a great mod for this forum.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

Punching someone in the face is not the proper way to handle a dispute, especially when you have been trained on how to handle a dispute.  That's the problem.

Please don't start your reply with "so you are saying it's ok...."
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Diesel_dyk wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

@Galt & Mikkel
https://www.imbringingbloggingback.com/wp-content//jersey-shore-gif1.gif
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Diesel_dyk
+178|5986|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

mikkel wrote:

@Galt & Mikkel
but go ahead and attack a cop with no problem......you would make a great mod for this forum.
Like I said that videotape id double edged sword because it shows her resisting. The tape is probably all that they need to convict her a$$. But punching her wasn't right either.

What I am saying Lowing is that they are both in the wrong.

And what's laughable is that this is all over jaywalking?!?! I can't remeber the last time I ever heard of someone getting cited for that.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North

JohnG@lt wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

mikkel wrote:

@Galt & Mikkel
http://www.imbringingbloggingback.com/w … e-gif1.gif
i think everyone can agree that situation called for fist on face contact tbh
tuckergustav
+1,590|5905|...

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

@Galt & Mikkel
Like I said that videotape id double edged sword because it shows her resisting. The tape is probably all that they need to convict her a$$. But punching her wasn't right either.

What I am saying Lowing is that they are both in the wrong.

And what's laughable is that this is all over jaywalking?!?! I can't remeber the last time I ever heard of someone getting cited for that.
Most people don't get an attitude and walk away from the cop talking to them about it...I would assume most people would apologize and the cop would let them go their merry way...most of the time...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Police don't get to decide guilt, punishment or mete out retaliation, which is what that punch was.
Police may not decide on guilt or punishment, but they MAY retaliate in a confrontation. In this case it was an overreaction and a pity for both parties.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6122|North Tonawanda, NY
He should've tazed her!  /kidding

What did she hope to accomplish?  Seriously, did she think she could shove the cop out of the way and he would just leave them both alone?  It sucks that she got punched...but she made a pretty dumb decision to try and force him.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

wish it was a baton to the face.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I gotta say though, there has to be a better way to deploy police resources than harassing 17 year old girls about jaywalking. He's clearly either a bully or the town needs to seriously reconsider it's police budget because clearly there are too many cops on the street.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

JohnG@lt wrote:

https://www.imbringingbloggingback.com/wp-content//jersey-shore-gif1.gif
He actually hits the guy aswell XD XD
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

JohnG@lt wrote:

I gotta say though, there has to be a better way to deploy police resources than harassing 17 year old girls about jaywalking. He's clearly either a bully or the town needs to seriously reconsider it's police budget because clearly there are too many cops on the street.
Agreed...but what we don't see is if she caused some disruption of traffic when she jay-walked.  Maybe she did?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SenorToenails wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Agreed...but what we don't see is if she caused some disruption of traffic when she jay-walked.  Maybe she did?
True. Not enough information to pass judgement. I jaywalk all the time but it's either when no cars are coming or the traffic is stopped at a light anyway.
-Frederick Bastiat
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

JohnG@lt wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

True. Not enough information to pass judgement. I jaywalk all the time but it's either when no cars are coming or the traffic is stopped at a light anyway.
Yea...me too, but I have also been driving only to have some asshat run out in the road and make everyone slam on the brakes. 

Regardless, maybe they want to try and generate revenue for the city by issuing tickets for everything, haha!
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina
Retard vs. retard...   Too bad they both didn't get hit by oncoming traffic....
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State

SenorToenails wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Yea...me too, but I have also been driving only to have some asshat run out in the road and make everyone slam on the brakes. 

Regardless, maybe they want to try and generate revenue for the city by issuing tickets for everything, haha!
imo, she was asking for it, the officer looked like he told her to back off, the suspect was struggling, and she joined in.

Also, based on the traffic in the intersection, looks like some disruption of traffic is definitely possible if she was jaywalking.
Diesel_dyk
+178|5986|Truthistan

tazz. wrote:

ding ding ding give that man a cigar. I never watched the show so this is the first time I saw that.
here's link to a little longer video http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/1 … 88648.html

Apparently that guy is a school teacher http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jers … QhqwQjmJTL

I like this part "And the sudden right cross seen across the Internet has earned Queens gym teacher Brad Ferro a technical knockout — he’s been moved out of class and into one of the Department of Education’s teacher reassignment centers, also known as a "rubber room," agency officials confirmed."

See Video tape works
Just confirms what I've been saying, we need more video tape because video tape doesn't twist things, its shows what it shows, nothing more, nothing less. And it let's people in supervisory roles make informed decisions. "Off to the rubber room with you... you dumba$$"
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
theres a difference between punching someone from jersey shore and the cop punching the girl
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Diesel_dyk wrote:

See Video tape works
Just confirms what I've been saying, we need more video tape because video tape doesn't twist things, its shows what it shows, nothing more, nothing less. And it let's people in supervisory roles make informed decisions. "Off to the rubber room with you... you dumba$$"
It doesn't give the whole story though.  In this case, you can't *hear* what's going on, you don't see what happened to make this guy turn on the camera, you don't see quite a bit of information, making it very misleading if you rely solely on the video.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Diesel_dyk wrote:

tazz. wrote:

ding ding ding give that man a cigar. I never watched the show so this is the first time I saw that.
here's link to a little longer video http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/1 … 88648.html

Apparently that guy is a school teacher http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jers … QhqwQjmJTL

I like this part "And the sudden right cross seen across the Internet has earned Queens gym teacher Brad Ferro a technical knockout — he’s been moved out of class and into one of the Department of Education’s teacher reassignment centers, also known as a "rubber room," agency officials confirmed."

See Video tape works
Now he gets to collect a fat union paycheck in perpetuity
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

JohnG@lt wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

mikkel wrote:

@Galt & Mikkel
Ferro, a gym teacher at North Queens Community HS, was initially told to lay off the booze by bouncers at the popular resort bar because he seemed too drunk, Seaside Heights Det. Steve Korman told The Post.

Ferro managed to stay inside the bar and eventually swiped booze belonging to Snooki and her entourage that had been placed on the bar top.

"That started a verbal altercation after which he struck her in the face," said Korman. "She sustained an injury to the inside of her mouth due to the punch."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jers … z0r4sh3vUM
Yeah, drunks stealing drinks should have the right to punch people.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

@Galt & Mikkel
Ferro, a gym teacher at North Queens Community HS, was initially told to lay off the booze by bouncers at the popular resort bar because he seemed too drunk, Seaside Heights Det. Steve Korman told The Post.

Ferro managed to stay inside the bar and eventually swiped booze belonging to Snooki and her entourage that had been placed on the bar top.

"That started a verbal altercation after which he struck her in the face," said Korman. "She sustained an injury to the inside of her mouth due to the punch."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jers … z0r4sh3vUM
Yeah, drunks stealing drinks should have the right to punch people.
I was approximately 14 years old the last time I watched MTV.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard