Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium
Going back to the gym in 2 weeks. My shoulder doesn't hurt anymore and neither does my chest. Starting off light again. Hope I can keep going with any injuries now
cahemdue
+10|5035|Wisconsin
I workout a lot, got a split and diet and all that. Currently leaning down. I injured my back a while back so I'm currently in PT for it.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
halp plz

How do I exercise through swimming? My haus has a pool but I mainly just use it to lounge around. Well, the other day I realized I can also use it to get fit. Which is good because I'd rather not go running in the horrible humid weather this time of year.

So what do I do? Just run laps of different strokes?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6417|Boulder, CO

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

halp plz

How do I exercise through swimming? My haus has a pool but I mainly just use it to lounge around. Well, the other day I realized I can also use it to get fit. Which is good because I'd rather not go running in the horrible humid weather this time of year.

So what do I do? Just run laps of different strokes?
Well, that depends on what sort of outcome you want.

If you want to build muscle then try a form of high intensity interval training i.e. swim at your hardest, fastest speed (with good form) for 20-30 seconds then swim at a slow, relaxed speed for 20-30 seconds. Repeat until you are truly knackered.

If you want to increase indurance then just swimming a set number of laps each time at a decent pace with good form should do.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium
Did a nice run yesterday, just short of 10km in 60 mins. Wasn't stressing anything as I've been pretty inactive the last month..

My run if you're interested
http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/be/zwijna … 8207729869
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6565|Toronto-Canada
I'm pretty sure i'm going to get a gym membership in the facility my brother is enrolled in
he pays about 40 bucks a month/anyday day at any hour as long as you want to be there.
i find the price reasonable.
I want to get fit and tone up my body, i want to look a little bit like zimmer.
i just dont know how what workout plan would work the best for me.

I'm about 5'2" tall and 130 pounds.
here is pic of my shameful belly.
https://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo274/lxcpikiman/CIMG8406.jpg?t=1276989274
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
5'2" with 130 pounds?! thats more than me at 5'6"/7". I have a pic earlier in this thread.

The gym you join should be able to make you a plan for free if you join it. Make sure you stick to it if you tell them your aims, and eat well. Don't over-exercise but do it enough and rest enough. Stick with it for 3 months or so and you should see results. Cut the crap from your diet.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
lrishpride
+68|5118
Just back from a week of surfing over in Achill. Amazing week despite the shit waves so spent most of the time drinking/smoking weed/popping pills. Awesome week was awesome. Was a nice break from reality. But now I feel like shit and I'm 1/2 stone heavier, fail.

Odd cause we did go rock climbing (brothers an instructor), mountain climbing, spear fishing, and dancing every night.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
drinking and popping pills makes all exercise you do for the next week/month pretty much redundant

you physically and mentally fuck yourself with substances

either you wanna be fit or you wanna live the life of a hedonist

can't have it both ways
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6565|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Uzique wrote:

drinking and popping pills makes all exercise you do for the next week/month pretty much redundant

can't have it both ways
not true, spent all last summer drinkin, toking and whatnot. Still managed to average 6 miles a day on my bike.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

can't have it both ways
not true, spent all last summer drinkin, toking and whatnot. Still managed to average 6 miles a day on my bike.
thats because it was only 6 miles on a bike
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6565|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

HaiBai wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

can't have it both ways
thats because it was only 6 miles on a bike
Yeah but i pretty much sit on my ass all day and do jack shit.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6779|Marathon, Florida Keys
How much would i cut in 2 weeks if i ate nothing but:

breakfast: Eggs
Lunch:salad
Dinner: salad&steak

I'd lift hardcore, taking only about 15 seconds between sets. I'd do swimming laps in the pool too.

Its kinda late to start my cutting for the 4th but now's better than never.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

I'd lift hardcore, taking only about 15 seconds between sets. I'd do swimming laps in the pool too.

Anorexic bitch lel.

For breakfast have eggs and toast tbh.

You can still eat a shitload and lose weight if you exercise enough, look at ranger school, losing 20-40 pounds in 2 months despite eating 2400 calories a day.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Lunch should be chicken or some kind of protein. You need to build muscle before you can lose weight/fat.

That's not lifting hardcore, that's just being down right stupid. 15 seconds between sets is just moronic. Lifting hardcore means an advanced workour programme where you rest 2 days a week and do back to back days of workouts concentrating on only 2 muscle groups and doing 4 difference exercises for each. Something which your body isn't used to and wouldn't be good for it.

Lift 3 times a week. Cardio once/twice a week and eat healthily, not stupidly. You'll lose weight fast enough whilst building muscle. Unless you don't want to build muscle.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Cybargs wrote:

Anorexic bitch lel.

For breakfast have eggs and toast tbh.

You can still eat a shitload and lose weight if you exercise enough, look at ranger school, losing 20-40 pounds in 2 months despite eating 2400 calories a day.
No. You don't need toast for breakfast. If you want any sort of carbs for breakfast you take a banana or something. Not toast. A breakfast of eggs is absolutely fine.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

It's been pretty quiet here... That's disappointing. I would have expected it to become more popular because of people wanting "hot" bods for summer. lulz.

Anyway, update on me - I switched to pyramid sets for 4 weeks, but I found that I was just lifting more and more but not noticing much change in size and tone. My strength went through the roof but my arms lost some toning and my chest wasn't too nice. The trick is the following, if you want to nail an awesome body:

Start off 6 weeks 5x5 strength training. This will put your body in workout mode and make your muscles adapt to a decent amount of weight being exerted on them.
Then do 4-6 weeks of pyramid sets - 12, 10, 8, 8 sets increasing the weight after every set
Then start your hypertrophy workout with 3x12 for the next 6 weeks.

The build change is ridiculous.
Evidence:
https://arktive.com/me87.jpg

Photo is poor, but it's decent enough to give an idea.

Tricks? Never do another set without at least 45 seconds rest. I used to push through in under 30 with my next set, and it just DOESN'T WORK. You ain't hardcore for doing another set in quick succession, you're just stupid. Your muscles need that "tiny break" to breathe and relax so you can exert them again. Works marvelously.

Always work out a major muscle set in your workouts. So either chest, legs or back. This evens out the use of difference muscle groups in your body and helps build them equally fast all around.

If you've been on 3x a week workouts for about 4-5 months now, change it to 4x a week. Do a back to back on monday/tuesday, rest wednesday, workout thursday, rest friday, workout saturday, rest sunday. Repeat. If you've been doing that, increase to 5x a week - PLEASE NOTE, ONLY DO THIS ONCE YOU'RE ADVANCED. DOING THIS IN YOUR FIRST YEAR OF WORKING OUT WILL NOT BENEFIT YOU. I'm starting to hit 5x a week and it feels fucking ridiculous.

Another thing. Increase your sleep time. Even if it's by one hour. If you're doing exercise but then gaming till early hours in the morning you're doing yourself more harm than good. Get a good nights sleep. 8 hours at least.

I really need to write up this post... Actually, I'll do it tonight.

Edit - I realise my abs have "receded" slightly, but that's more the angle of my photo more than anything else. They indeed have lost a tiny bit, but what I've lost there I've gained in shoulders/arms and chest. The abs was due to a whole week eating terrible food because I was on a management course. Fucking horrendous week.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6629|The darkside of Denver

Zimmer wrote:

It's been pretty quiet here... That's disappointing. I would have expected it to become more popular because of people wanting "hot" bods for summer. lulz.

Anyway, update on me - I switched to pyramid sets for 4 weeks, but I found that I was just lifting more and more but not noticing much change in size and tone. My strength went through the roof but my arms lost some toning and my chest wasn't too nice. The trick is the following, if you want to nail an awesome body:

Start off 6 weeks 5x5 strength training. This will put your body in workout mode and make your muscles adapt to a decent amount of weight being exerted on them.
Then do 4-6 weeks of pyramid sets - 12, 10, 8, 8 sets increasing the weight after every set
Then start your hypertrophy workout with 3x12 for the next 6 weeks.

The build change is ridiculous.
Evidence:
http://arktive.com/me87.jpg

Photo is poor, but it's decent enough to give an idea.

Tricks? Never do another set without at least 45 seconds rest. I used to push through in under 30 with my next set, and it just DOESN'T WORK. You ain't hardcore for doing another set in quick succession, you're just stupid. Your muscles need that "tiny break" to breathe and relax so you can exert them again. Works marvelously.

Always work out a major muscle set in your workouts. So either chest, legs or back. This evens out the use of difference muscle groups in your body and helps build them equally fast all around.

If you've been on 3x a week workouts for about 4-5 months now, change it to 4x a week. Do a back to back on monday/tuesday, rest wednesday, workout thursday, rest friday, workout saturday, rest sunday. Repeat. If you've been doing that, increase to 5x a week - PLEASE NOTE, ONLY DO THIS ONCE YOU'RE ADVANCED. DOING THIS IN YOUR FIRST YEAR OF WORKING OUT WILL NOT BENEFIT YOU. I'm starting to hit 5x a week and it feels fucking ridiculous.

Another thing. Increase your sleep time. Even if it's by one hour. If you're doing exercise but then gaming till early hours in the morning you're doing yourself more harm than good. Get a good nights sleep. 8 hours at least.

I really need to write up this post... Actually, I'll do it tonight.

Edit - I realise my abs have "receded" slightly, but that's more the angle of my photo more than anything else. They indeed have lost a tiny bit, but what I've lost there I've gained in shoulders/arms and chest. The abs was due to a whole week eating terrible food because I was on a management course. Fucking horrendous week.
Damn Zim, looking lean as fuck.  But you got nice form/sculpt on your pecs.  props.  I've been on vacation and busy as hell with work.  Still lifting and dieting too.  Think im leaning out well, been doing cardio 3-4 x a week.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

Every day after work I do:

Running - anywhere from 30min-1hr at a pretty good pace (6-11km ish) with hills and sometimes interval sprinting.
Swimming - for the past 2 weeks since we opened the pool I go in right after my run for 30min-1.5hrs.  All dependant on how I feel and if others are in the pool.  Always do at least 20 laps hard and usually do another couple racing with other people.  I also do a kind of leg lift thing using the diving board that really works out the core.

So far its working well.  I've always been in good shape (used to be a pretty damned good runner, nationally ranked) but I dont have that stamina anymore since I'm not racing or running with a club.  The swimming is definitely helping my physique though, I can already feel the difference in my arms and my abs have seen a significant boost

Some nights if I'm feeling up to it I'll do a 50-100 situps and pushups, not often though.

Anything else you think I should try?  Theres a bowflex machine downstairs but I've never been big on machines and I wont do free lifting since I absolutely hate free weights.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada

Zimmer wrote:

Is it better health wise or progression wise to have at least a 45 second break?

..Because it seems like I get a lot more out of the workout if I just keep going.
(With occasional short breaks, of course, but not constant ones.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

My best advice for this subject would be to completely eject soda pop from your life.
HaiBai

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

My best advice for this subject would be to completely eject everything but water from your life.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada

HaiBai wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

My best advice for this subject would be to completely eject everything but water from your life.
I can't survive without chocolate milk.
HaiBai
i used to have cereal everyday for breakfast.  ever since i started working out and kept a diet, so the week before june, ive lost 17 pounds and 3.5% in body fat

trust me, you'll survive without the chocolate milk

Last edited by HaiBai (2010-06-24 18:55:16)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

HaiBai wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Eh, edited statement is valid, but not without silliness. Keep drinking juice, you'll be fine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard