genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6667|Middle of nowhere
That will be weird. US vs. Russia in Vietnam, unless they add a new faction.

Also:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

"Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement"
The fuck.
That is the stupidest thing ive ever heard.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6643

GullyFoyle wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Wait, so moving... is bad?
Yeah...prepare to be "tactical", in COD parlance!
Oh god how I hated that shit.

Once came across one of those servers and got kicked for not crouching at all times, and for sprinting once
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6274|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

mtb0minime wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Wait, so moving... is bad?
Yeah...prepare to be "tactical", in COD parlance!
Oh god how I hated that shit.

Once came across one of those servers and got kicked for not crouching at all times, and for sprinting once
oh god I hate those servers... "NO JUMPING" hurr durr /facepalm

obviously I joined them just to bounce around with dual noobtubes beeing airborne more than touching the ground
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5574

Shouldn't moving fast make you harder to hit?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6656

Seriously, who does DICE get these "fixes" from?  Must be all the sprayers and snipers who can't hit moving targets.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-06-14 12:20:54)

FloppY_
­

Ilocano wrote:

Seriously, who does DICE get these "fixes" from?  Must be all the sprayers and snipers who can't hit moving targets.
Dice prints out all complaints on the forums, hangs them on a wall and throws 5 darts...
Zukabazuka
+23|6674
"Its the same kind of system BF2/2142/Heroes uses. Makelalalala detection on moving targets more accurate to the player model rather than the hit box lagging slightly behind the player model during movement." -Bazajaytee

So the same system as BF2 and 2142. if that's the case then it might not be so bad.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

Zukabazuka wrote:

"Its the same kind of system BF2/2142/Heroes uses. Makelalalala detection on moving targets more accurate to the player model rather than the hit box lagging slightly behind the player model during movement." -Bazajaytee

So the same system as BF2 and 2142. if that's the case then it might not be so bad.
So the hitbox doesn't 'expand' at all, it is just more accurate? Why the hell would they say 'expand' then?

Either they are retarded in their wording, or Baza is a big fat liar.

Wait and see time I guess.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5346|London, England
Most exciting thing for me in the patch is the health boost in hardcore. No more bads racking up high k/d ratios while humping a bush.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
GullyFoyle
+25|5375
New Battlefield Blog post:  Prepare to head to the jungle in Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam

*  BY: Bazajaytee
    * POSTED : Jun 14, 2010, 03:15PM

On stage at the EA E3 press conference we announced a new expansion of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with a new take on a Battlefield franchise favourite, Vietnam. In Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam you get to enter the jungle warfare environment as either the U.S. Marines or North Vietnamese Army (NVA). The expansion pack contains 4 brand new maps built in Frostbite including the popular Conquest and Rush game modes as well as Vietnam specific weapons, vehicles, persistence, unlocks as well as new awards, achievements and trophies.

Preview Video on YouTube

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam will be available worldwide in Winter 2010 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
FloppY_
­

GullyFoyle wrote:

New Battlefield Blog post:  Prepare to head to the jungle in Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam

On stage at the EA E3 press conference we announced a new expansion of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with a new take on a Battlefield franchise favourite, Vietnam. In Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam you get to enter the jungle warfare environment as either the U.S. Marines or North Vietnamese Army (NVA). The expansion pack contains 4 brand new maps built in Frostbite including the popular Conquest and Rush game modes as well as Vietnam specific weapons, vehicles, persistence, unlocks as well as new awards, achievements and trophies.

Preview Video on YouTube

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam will be available worldwide in Winter 2010 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
omfg

They are charging us for an expansion pack?

How about they fucking get to work and fix the game before they try to add that amount of content...

man fuck DICE... you're now in the same bin as Infinity Ward
Zukabazuka
+23|6674

FloppY_ wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

Preview Video on YouTube

omfg

How about they fucking get to work and fix the game before they try to add that amount of content...

HOW DARE THEY CHARGE FOR AN EXPANSION PACK.

Really dude? How many other expansion pack have been free? Please tell me. The patch is still coming.
FloppY_
­

Zukabazuka wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

omfg

Really dude? How many other expansion pack have been free? Please tell me. The patch is still coming.
Not my point really... Considering how small this game is by itself, an expansion will be as big as the current game itself....

And normally I wouldn't have a problem with paying for an expansion but this looks like the standard cash-cow milking that I've come to expect from the game industry (especially DICE and IW) these days...
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6312|Graz, Austria

FloppY_ wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

omfg

Not my point really... Considering how small this game is by itself, an expansion will be as big as the current game itself....

And normally I wouldn't have a problem with paying for an expansion but this looks like the standard cash-cow milking that I've come to expect from the game industry (especially DICE and IW) these days...
What are you talking about?

BF2:
Release: June 21st 2005
Maps: 12*
Price: €50.-

SF:
Release: November 22nd 2005
Maps: 8
Price: €29.-

Price ratios:
SF: 58%
BFBC2V: 30%
58/30= 1.93

Map ratios:
SF: 8/12= 66%
BFBC2V: 4/10= 40%
66/40= 1.65

Conclusion:
1.93/1.65= 1.7
You get 1.7 times more content with the new expansion than with SF.

--------------------------------------------
*I didn't count Wake Island which was released with a patch prior to SF's release, IIRC.
FloppY_
­

globefish23 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

What are you talking about?

BF2:
Release: June 21st 2005
Maps: 12*
Price: €50.-

SF:
Release: November 22nd 2005
Maps: 8
Price: €29.-

Price ratios:
SF: 58%
BFBC2V: 30%
58/30= 1.93

Map ratios:
SF: 8/12= 66%
BFBC2V: 4/10= 40%
66/40= 1.65

Conclusion:
1.93/1.65= 1.7
You get 1.7 times more content with the new expansion than with SF.

--------------------------------------------
*I didn't count Wake Island which was released with a patch prior to SF's release, IIRC.
I wouldn't know, I got the complete collection a year after 2142 was released
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
Bazajaytee -- "@Verdiii Console has had 1 patch, PC 4. PCs still get more patches more often than consoles."

El. Oh. El.
GullyFoyle
+25|5375
twitter.com/Bazajaytee:  "Regarding the BFBC2 PC patch. We will have something by the end of tomorrow in terms of our plan of getting the patch out to you all."
twitter.com/Bazajaytee:  "@GamerOfFreedom More info on when it will release. We won't release it on a Friday."
twitter.com/Bazajaytee:  "@ksergeyk 'Something' as in when we plan to release the patch to you."
twitter.com/Bazajaytee:  "@BenediktElser Nope, by tomorrow we should have a release date of when it will be released though."

And now for something completely different...

twitter.com/Bazajaytee:  "@N1ghtmare24 i doubt mod tools will come out during BFBC2's life cycle, unranked servers on the other hand might do but not for a while."
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
It's about motherfucking time, jebus
GullyFoyle
+25|5375
forums.electronicarts.co.uk

Bazajaytee wrote:

By the end of tomorrow we will have something to tell you regarding the release date of the patch.
Kalms is going to do some work before we can discuss our solution but we may roll back one of the changes so we can get the current changelog out and work on that one remaining issue after.

That will allow you to get most of the fixes and features which you have been waiting for including access to Map Pack #3.
Any guesses which bug fix/feature will get left out of this patch?
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6163|Sydney | ♥

imo, if you wait 6 years, you'll get vietnam for free.

just like euro forces/armored fury.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
FloppY_
­

tazz. wrote:

Yeah because BC2 will clearly have a 6 year life-span
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

tazz. wrote:

And then, just like euro forces/armoured fury, good luck getting the awards because there will be no one left to play with
FloppY_
­

genius_man16 wrote:

tazz. wrote:

And then, just like euro forces/armoured fury, good luck getting the awards because there will be no one left to play with
Yeah because that is the only reason we play games.. to get awards
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

FloppY_ wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

tazz. wrote:

Yeah because that is the only reason we play games.. to get awards
Young grasshopper, don't you know?

Points/awards=lyfe
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5893|CA
So do I seriously have to manually select "Login" each time I load up BC2, or this there some tweak/fix I'm missing out on?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard