13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

i have a blackhawk, love it.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6707|US
Taurus Tracker comes with a 6 inch barrel, in .22LR, IIRC.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North
hmm, decisions
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6099|eXtreme to the maX

krazed wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

krazed wrote:

who makes a good .22 revolver with a barrel length over 4 inches
God damn Canada sucks man.
Coldnt hurt to start here S&W .22 Revolvers
tell me about it, this is our criteria for prohibited firearms

*   automatics, including those that have been converted so that they can only fire one projectile when the trigger is squeezed;
    * handguns with a barrel length of 105 mm (4.1 inches) or less, and handguns that discharge .25 or .32 calibre ammunition, except for a few specific models used in International Shooting Union competitions;.
    * rifles and shotguns that have been altered so that their barrel length is less than 457 mm (about 18 inches) or their overall length is less than 660 mm (about 26 inches); or
    * any firearm prescribed as prohibited -- These can be found in the fact sheet listing restricted and prohibited firearms.

what about the ruger single six?

not opposed to an automatic, just would prefer a revolver
So are .22 semi-autos banned?

Single six - I just don't like Colt single action clones, they are in no way ergonomic or useful for target shooting.

What are you going to use it for? Range shooting?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Reciprocity
+721|6573|the dank(super) side of Oregon
The only .22 revolver I've got is an old Harrington & Richardson model 622 I had to steal from my grandmother.  She's in the early stages of dementia, a gun can only cause problems.  I don't need her shooting the UPS guy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Reciprocity wrote:

The only .22 revolver I've got is an old Harrington & Richardson model 622 I had to steal from my grandmother.  She's in the early stages of dementia, a gun can only cause problems.  I don't need her shooting the UPS guy.
Pfft My Grandma had a .38 Webley. She used to hold the barrel and smack rats with the butt.
Should have grabbed that, dammit.
Reciprocity
If she still had all her marbles I wouldn't mind.  But she goes back and forth between being an 80 year old woman and a 14 year old girl back on the farm in Utah.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum

Dilbert_X wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

Pfft My Grandma had a .38 Webley. She used to hold the barrel and smack rats with the butt.
Should have grabbed that, dammit.
is that the old british army revolver?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

Dilbert_X wrote:

krazed wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

*   automatics, including those that have been converted so that they can only fire one projectile when the trigger is squeezed;
    * handguns with a barrel length of 105 mm (4.1 inches) or less, and handguns that discharge .25 or .32 calibre ammunition, except for a few specific models used in International Shooting Union competitions;.
    * rifles and shotguns that have been altered so that their barrel length is less than 457 mm (about 18 inches) or their overall length is less than 660 mm (about 26 inches); or
    * any firearm prescribed as prohibited -- These can be found in the fact sheet listing restricted and prohibited firearms.

So are .22 semi-autos banned?

Single six - I just don't like Colt single action clones, they are in no way ergonomic or useful for target shooting.

What are you going to use it for? Range shooting?
handguns are only banned if they're .25, .32, or under 4 inch barrels....... or they're banned by name

handguns are restricted, can only use restricted firearms at "approved ranges"

so yes, just fun shooting at a range

not going for 100% accuracy

more 40% accuracy with the rest being fun
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If its fun then a SAA clone might be it, I just don't find the grips good.

is that the old british army revolver?
Very old.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6652|The darkside of Denver

krazed wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

krazed wrote:

who makes a good .22 revolver with a barrel length over 4 inches

So if youre not opposed to an automatic and want somethign fun, why not get something bigger than .22LR?  Like a 9mm, .40,.45?
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6382
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

SonderKommando wrote:

krazed wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

So if youre not opposed to an automatic and want somethign fun, why not get something bigger than .22LR?  Like a 9mm, .40,.45?
because paying $30 /20 rounds makes me very sad in the pants
rdx-fx
+955|6584

krazed wrote:

because paying $30 /20 rounds makes me very sad in the pants
Last box of factory ammo I bought for my .45 was a box of Federal 230 grain .45 Auto, for $22/50 rounds (or $0.44 per round)

Or, if you reload;
  • Bullets: Hornady 230gr XTP HP $199.00 /1000rd
  • Primers: Federal Large Pistol primers $32.00 /1000rd
  • Powder: 1 lbs Alliant Unique $23.00 /1000rd
  • Brass: (Federal 100rds, reloaded 10x per) $32

total of $28.60/100 rd for me to reload
or
$44/100rd for good factory ammo.

Even Federal "open tip match" 168 gr 7.62x51mm is $155.00/200rd ($0.775/rd), and that's good rifle ammo
(In other words, 7.62x51mm with the Sierra 168gr HPBT aka M852 NATO Match)

Federal ammo at MidwayUSA

Or, for decent .22LR practice ammo, a carton of 350 rounds of Federal Auto Match is $15
($0.04 per round)
In a decent semi-auto rifle, with a decent shooter, that ammo will hit a penny sized object at 100yds about 2/3rds of the time
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
i'm in canada

ammo/reloading materials = expensive
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6637|Canada

krazed wrote:

i'm in canada

ammo/reloading materials = expensive
9mm or .45 isn't that bad here. You can find American Eagle .45 for a little over $25 for 50 and not that much more for other brands. Less popular rounds like the .38S&W is where it'll cost you 35-40 dollars a box.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
where are you at finding prices like that?!

the last place i was at had barely any 9mm and it was super expensive
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6637|Canada
I've gotten some stuff locally but Cabelas and Wholesale Sports are usually pretty good.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
haha... so you're west of ontario then huh
Reciprocity
you guys don't have Remington UMC fun packs?  250 rounds of 230gr. hardball for around $85.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
not around here, not that i've been able to find

Last edited by krazed (2010-06-11 22:11:44)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

repost my blackhawk (because i haven't taken it out in a month )

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/photos/IMG_1706.jpg
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
hate you burnzzzz, just an fyi
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

what, big bores need love too!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub