=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6660|The Netherlands
Hi all, I wonder whom of you would have preferred to see a Battlefield 1242 instead of a Battlefield 2142. I mean, wouldn't it be much cooler to attack eachother with Swords and Shields and Bow and Arrow's instead of with Mechs and other futuristic sh*t? Personally I would have found it a lot better idea, man it looks very cool to me, chopping somebody's arm of with a sword, using Trebuchets as artillery...

So what do you all think about this?
FirePhoenix
+18|6609|hamilton, scotland
Yeah is there any games that are actually based back in those ages? itd be awesome if there was.
LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6552
Would be nice if EA did it but they wont. +1 anyway
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

Hi all, I wonder whom of you would have preferred to see a Battlefield 1242 instead of a Battlefield 2142. I mean, wouldn't it be much cooler to attack eachother with Swords and Shields and Bow and Arrow's instead of with Mechs and other futuristic sh*t? Personally I would have found it a lot better idea, man it looks very cool to me, chopping somebody's arm of with a sword, using Trebuchets as artillery...

Yeah would be cool, or something like WW1
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6545
I would like to see Star wars Battlefront made by Dice ,give it some of the Battlefield Magic and Luvin.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
Thanks for the +'s. As for as I know there aren't a lot of middle age shoot'em ups (probably because they hadn't got any guns that time ;-)). But it would seem so nice to me, a lot more fun than 2142. Imagine the commander is playing like in a game as Age of Empires 2, awesome!
wajar
+9|6658|Sydney - Down Under
Wasn't there a game like that, like an fps old one. Heretic or something.
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK
Nice idea but EA have already started making 2142 so good luck with that!
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
Might have been... but a new game with BF2 similar graphics... or like TES4 Oblivion, phew, man that would be so cool ;-)
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
http://bf1300.ytmnd.com/

Old, but I feel obligated to post.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6668|U.S
I think civil war would be awsome as well 1 shot per gun and it takes like 20 seconds to reload.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
lol afrojap, I can already imagine it, riding with my horse when suddenly a teammate runs in front of you, SPLASH, trampled him over... hahaaha
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6807|Finland
Commanders could construct buildings and your teams objective would be to destroy the other teams base. Imagine any RTS game but with 1 commander and 31 soldiers who dont listen to you

I played some warcraft 3 before and it would be pretty badass if every single soldier you have could be controlled by another player in first person. When commander builds the buildings, you could get some bonuses to the footmen and maybe even some vehicles.

Hey that actually sounds pretty cool Battlefield 2 with commanders building stuff.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
Actually Landepaukku, there is already a game with that feature: it's called Savage. A Savage 2 is also on the way. It's an online game (i believe it also has monthly costs, dunno for sure) which can be played as a commander or infantry. I don't know a lot about this game, but I know it was on the market before BF2, so it was earlier with the commanding option.
MarkyMark
+5|6643|UK
LOL heretic!!!! I remember that game!!!!! Was soo hard!!! mind you I must have been 6/7 when I played it LOL But yeah they should def look into it. I guess FPS would be First Person Sworder in this instance hehehe Instead of the big aa gun on the USS ESSEX, maybe you could control the drawbridge and portcullis of Fort Essex =P lol the possibilites are endless!!!! Medic pack wud be like smelling salts and a cup of herbal tea!
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
Maybe EA will consider this when planning to make another sequel... (or should we then call it a prequell ;-))
savking
+37|6557|England
i think this is a better idea than that 2000+ one. at first i thought that would be cool but then i thought its gona kill off the seris cos what can they do after that?

prehapse this is a idea for ea to consider, the lack of guns would be a seriuos downfall for a lot of people though n bows n arows only have a certain amount of range
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6807|Finland
Sniper class could have some problems with the scopes...
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6639

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

Isn't that called World of Warcraft?

And 'Hexen' is newer than 'Heretic'. An iD game, was made with the Quake II engine IIRC.

Last edited by Auqakuh2213 (2006-05-01 06:00:40)

MarkyMark
+5|6643|UK

Auqakuh2213 wrote:

Isn't that called World of Warcraft?
Nah, he's clearly talking about a fps =P
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6649|Broadlands, VA
Yargh!  How About BF 1680 then we can all be pirates & buccaneers!  Swarthy Dogs!  I'll whore a sloop and run you down as you try to swim away!  Avast Ye!  Instead of Sqad Leaders we have Ship Captains - if you don;t listen you get keel-hauled (of course, if you don't listen no sails go up and it's a very boregin ride).

Fire off the Long Tom!  Yargh!  45 seconds reload.

MEDIC!  M'wooden leg fell off!

Where's my parrot?
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6594|Birmingham, UK
+1! Also, this would be a good idea with the Nintendo Revolution, newly named Wii (for thr future). The gyroscope in that...it would be like holding the sword/bow in your own hands...
MarkyMark
+5|6643|UK
I want BFYarrrghhhh! lol Pirates rule, the commo rose would be legendary, Enemy avast!!! Yargh!!!
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6616
i agree with the buccaneers 1
ships and horses
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6740|Canada, Ont
A FPS with Swords and Bows?

Project Offset is on the way as the first Epic Fantasy FPS. Looks really well done and worth lookin at if you have not already, Videos are all over the internet so "Google it".

I don't like the idea of Futuristic Combat as it would never really happen because weapons are getting alot more powerfull and nobody would want to start a war because they would get destroyed at the touch of a button. We have enough explosives on the planet to blow it to Space dust already... sooo, Nobody would want to piss other countries off if it would cause harm to the Planet as a whole, even Terrorists. Even countries without such weapons are protected by countries that do creating a stalemate.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard