max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6567|NYC / Hamburg

no. You can build with bittorrent capabilities though.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

FloppY_ wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I bought a Netbook today. It comes preinstalled with a program called Splashtop. I really like it.
Splashtop is useless, windows boots nearly as fast and can do TONS more...

(Splashtop is the software packaged with most ASUS motherboards as ASUS' quick boot feature)
A 5 second boot is preferable to a minute and a half to e minute boot when all I want to do is browse the internet. Those TONS of other things would work better on the desktop or the gaming laptop.
The netbook I bought is HP.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Macbeth wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I bought a Netbook today. It comes preinstalled with a program called Splashtop. I really like it.

(Splashtop is the software packaged with most ASUS motherboards as ASUS' quick boot feature)
A 5 second boot is preferable to a minute and a half to e minute boot when all I want to do is browse the internet. Those TONS of other things would work better on the desktop or the gaming laptop.
uh... splashtop is usually fast to the main menu, but the time it takes to ready the browser is a pain..

I don't know what kind of bloatware you have since your windows boots that slow...

I think my Lenovo s10e WinXP netbook booted to XP and opened firefox just as fast as my desktop can boot splashtop and have it finished loading the browser...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6130|Carnoustie MASSIF
What OS does Blackberry run?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Blackberry OS
CammRobb
Banned

mtb0minime wrote:

Blackberry OS
ah so no dedicated thread for me
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6234|Texas
Hey guys! I'm super bad when it comes to networking. But, I want to know if it's possible to connect my Xbox to one of my computer's Ethernet ports and be able to access the internet/Xbox live like that. My mobo had 2 ports and one is connected to the router.
CammRobb
Banned

Yellowman03 wrote:

Hey guys! I'm super bad when it comes to networking. But, I want to know if it's possible to connect my Xbox to one of my computer's Ethernet ports and be able to access the internet/Xbox live like that. My mobo had 2 ports and one is connected to the router.
not sure if serious.

but yes, it can be done.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

CammRobb wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Blackberry OS
You can make a general blackberry thread though. We'll post our PINs so we can IM each other and make sexy chats. But I don't really do much with mine, so I'd be interested in learning about cool apps, or even hacking it.
Yellowman03
+108|6234|Texas

CammRobb wrote:

Yellowman03 wrote:

not sure if serious.

but yes, it can be done.
Can you tell me how?
Yellowman03
+108|6234|Texas
nvm I got it.
alexb
<3
+590|5939|Kentucky, USA

Yellowman03 wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

Yellowman03 wrote:

not sure if serious.

but yes, it can be done.
Can you tell me how?
Why not just connect it directly to your modem/router?
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6659|The darkside of Denver

mtb0minime wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Blackberry OS
You can make a general blackberry thread though. We'll post our PINs so we can IM each other and make sexy chats. But I don't really do much with mine, so I'd be interested in learning about cool apps, or even hacking it.
fucking nubs.

Crackberry
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

FloppY_ wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

uh... splashtop is usually fast to the main menu, but the time it takes to ready the browser is a pain..

I don't know what kind of bloatware you have since your windows boots that slow...

I think my Lenovo s10e WinXP netbook booted to XP and opened firefox just as fast as my desktop can boot splashtop and have it finished loading the browser...
The netbook came with Windows 7 so it is a bit heavier than XP either way though Splashtop still boots up very fast

I don't know what was wrong with your version but mine is about that fast.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

SonderKommando wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

fucking nubs.

Crackberry
I not no nub. I'd heard of crackberry and looked around, but not too deeply.
CammRobb
Banned

mtb0minime wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

fucking nubs.

Crackberry
I not no nub. I'd heard of crackberry and looked around, but not too deeply.
that's what she said
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

how do i disable splashtop?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Should be in your control panel.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Macbeth wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Should be in your control panel.
BIOS tbh
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Is it safe to assume that since my Realtek audio driver will let me change the motherboard audio ports between 'in' and 'out', I'll be able to change the SPDIF optical port between 'in' and 'out'?
CammRobb
Banned
Jesus this computer is so slow it's actually taking ages to rotate a photo...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England

mtb0minime wrote:

Is it safe to assume that since my Realtek audio driver will let me change the motherboard audio ports between 'in' and 'out', I'll be able to change the SPDIF optical port between 'in' and 'out'?
Doesn't SPDIF work both ways by default?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Well, either the cable I got is fucked, or something isn't working right. I plugged one end into my PS2, set the options to turn optical audio on, plugged the other one into the port in my mobo, and nothing happened. Opened up the Realtek Audio Manager and looked around, but couldn't find anything other than something like "stream spdif in" or something like that; turned it on and nothing happened.

I'm not even sure the cable is able to properly plug into the port on the computer Snapped in just fine on the ps2, but was kinda loose on the mobo.

I'll play around with it some more, but at this point I'm thinking I'm gonna have to return the cable. It was a cheapo $10 3-footer. Maybe I should've opted for the $20 THX Certified bullshit?
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6659|The darkside of Denver
Would it be safe to run combo fix on a pc with an enterprise AV? I can't disable it, well I can by editing an inf file in the program directory.. I got a PC at work with a STUBBORN browser hijack, but the HJT log doesn't show anything really suspicious after mb scan and removal of some infected registry keys..
Computer_Guy
+54|6697
Thinking about buying a DSLR camera, any recommendations? So far I'm looking at the Canon EOS 50D.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard