Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6189|New Austin, Not
Well I've gone out with this awesome girl about 3 times now. I love her to death...share the same musical, movie and even beer tastes, etc, intelligent, outgoing and one hell of a personality. Gorgeous if I might say so. I'm damn sure she likes me back.

Saw her today and was gonna take her out to the zoo and dinner. I was feeling pretty damn good. She wasn't. She'd been cramping up these past few weeks after her meals; she thought it was nothing; they apparently subsided after a while. I told her otherwise and drove her to the hospital. Spent 6 hours in the emergency room (what a fucking ironic title...but I digress) and finally saw a doctor. We found out what was causing all the cramps. She got diagnosed with goddamn Celiac Disease. Not only that, but she is severely predisposed to GI (gastro-intestinal) cancers. Doctor says it's pretty likely that she might develop some form down the road.  As for now, she can't touch anything with gluten in it (for the rest of her life). No bread. No pasta. And she jokingly chortled no beer...I didn't laugh though I understood why she wanted to lighten up the situation. The gravity of it sets in. She's got a lot of courage considering what is happening...I half expected her to break down in tears; this is lifechanging. She didn't. And she gave me a hug and a kiss to the cheek that felt almost like forever. I ask  for her parent's number, go outside and call them up. They were there in less than half an hour. Not exactly how I wanted to meet her parents eh? Mom was shocked, Dad was actually crying. I go out to the hallway and get some coffee/give them some privacy. Dad comes out and flat out hugs me followed by the most emotional "thank you. Without what ever you did we would never have known. You might have just saved our little girl." (Celiac disease isn't all that life threatening but again I digress). Parent's have to go home a few hours later. She's being kept overnight for observation and further testing. I would have left, but I chose not to leave her alone. After today's cruelty it's one of the few things I could do. It's 2 fucking am. She's sleeping right now. I fucking can't. Calling my workplace tomorrow and letting them know I won't be coming in. If they don't like it fuck em. Fuck my life.

What is a guy like me supposed to do now, BF2S?
Lai
+186|6168

Rohirm wrote:

I think it's fair to say: 'pretty much what you just did.'

On Celiac: I know a girl who has had it for long now and it doesn't bother her at all. With her it also came suddenly when she was older. Sure the transition is dramatic, but routine will solve a lot in the end. There is also a lot of nice stuff left you can eat, there are types of "wheat" that do not contain gluten and make excellent pasta for example, and if she develops a taste for wine that should be fine too.
Ioan92
+337|5740

Rohirm wrote:

Well I've gone out with this awesome girl about 3 times now. I love her to death...share the same musical, movie and even beer tastes, etc, intelligent, outgoing and one hell of a personality. Gorgeous if I might say so. I'm damn sure she likes me back.

Saw her today and was gonna take her out to the zoo and dinner. I was feeling pretty damn good. She wasn't. She'd been cramping up these past few weeks after her meals; she thought it was nothing; they apparently subsided after a while. I told her otherwise and drove her to the hospital. Spent 6 hours in the emergency room (what a fucking ironic title...but I digress) and finally saw a doctor. We found out what was causing all the cramps. She got diagnosed with goddamn Celiac Disease. Not only that, but she is severely predisposed to GI (gastro-intestinal) cancers. Doctor says it's pretty likely that she might develop some form down the road.  As for now, she can't touch anything with gluten in it (for the rest of her life). No bread. No pasta. And she jokingly chortled no beer...I didn't laugh though I understood why she wanted to lighten up the situation. The gravity of it sets in. She's got a lot of courage considering what is happening...I half expected her to break down in tears; this is lifechanging. She didn't. And she gave me a hug and a kiss to the cheek that felt almost like forever. I ask  for her parent's number, go outside and call them up. They were there in less than half an hour. Not exactly how I wanted to meet her parents eh? Mom was shocked, Dad was actually crying. I go out to the hallway and get some coffee/give them some privacy. Dad comes out and flat out hugs me followed by the most emotional "thank you. Without what ever you did we would never have known. You might have just saved our little girl." (Celiac disease isn't all that life threatening but again I digress). Parent's have to go home a few hours later. She's being kept overnight for observation and further testing. I would have left, but I chose not to leave her alone. After today's cruelty it's one of the few things I could do. It's 2 fucking am. She's sleeping right now. I fucking can't. Calling my workplace tomorrow and letting them know I won't be coming in. If they don't like it fuck em. Fuck my life.

That made me shed a tear in all honesty..

Sucks.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

Rohirm, something like that might bring you too closer together. And her parents seem to have been grateful also.

It's terrible, but try to see some positives as she does.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6189|New Austin, Not
Well after getting a few hours of sleep (4 max) I boogied out of the hospital while she was asleep to get some breakfast. Took a 5 minute drive to the nearest Tim Hortons then stopped off at the Safeway to pick something up for her as a nice gesture. I stopped by the "health conscious" area of the store and picked up some gluten free bread and cereal (if there is anything she loves more than beer in the world is whole wheat bread lol. So not happening now ) for her to try out. Picked out some nice flowers too.

Went back to the hospital, she wakes up, and its time for chow. She said the cereal wasn't half bad (she will miss her Honey Nut Cheerios though; and I tried a bit of it. Its okay). But the bread was It was a bit dry and it expires in a year (we had a laugh when we saw that). She didn't like it at all hahaha. Flowers made up for the nasty bread though.

Might have to try some homemade recipes for bread...hear it's remarkably better. Anyways after one hell of a night, we ended our "fourth" date on a better note and I drove her home after the go ahead from the doctor. Told her we can go to the zoo another time and she said she would love to. Yesterday was a better day.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6640|Little Bentcock
you'd think after all that she would tleast give you a thankyou handy.

But on topic you dd the right thing, whether it ends in a relationship or not.
Lai
+186|6168
If this is true you can make you own fresh tortilla's Buckwheat is gluten free too, so you can make pancakes or kasha. Honestly there is loads of stuff she can still eat, you might just have to step out of your own cuisine.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6189|New Austin, Not

Adams_BJ wrote:

I did get a thank you+a hug+and a kiss. Just didn't mention it on my last post :p
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5491|Ventura, California

mtb0minime wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

NateW wrote:

I imagine reading all 199 pages of this thread would hurt more than slamming my dick in a car door.
Very useful post there Nate.
Very useful post there Shifty.
It was, and thanks for pointing it out.

His still isn't a useful post.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6667

Adams_BJ wrote:

"Who the fuck wants a handjob?"
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6640|Little Bentcock

ghettoperson wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

"Who the fuck wants a handjob?"
thought a BJ might be a bit too much for a 4th date and not even sure if they are dating

oh and o shit are you quoting me? lol
ghettoperson
+1,943|6667

Nah, it's a quote from Entourage.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

-Sh1fty- wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Very useful post there Nate.
Very useful post there Shifty.
It was, and thanks for pointing it out.

His still isn't a useful post.
not useful, but true.

it's amazing, how many people don't want to experience life for themselves, run to a forum for cheat codes advice, who think failure to hook up with that one special girl precludes them from finding the right girl later on.

you can't appreciate the highs without feeling the lows first. this thread should be locked . . .
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6290
I agree with you, but don't lock the thread. There are many interesting and useful stories people have to share(such as rohirm's) which justify the need for this topic.
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6328|South Jersey
my aunt has celiac's disease or whatever. not really that big of deal, she just had the shits for a while before they figured out what it was. hahah like she had the shits for a couple years before they figured it out. pretty easy to get around once you nail that turd down. wine aint so bad, just not my style, but whatever gets you drunk works. just make sure whatever she orders at restaurants doesn't have gluten in it and she'll be  fine, otherwise expect a flow of poo after every meal.
rdx-fx
+955|6609

Rohirm wrote:

Exactly what you're already doing.

Keep being a standup guy, take care of the people that are important to you when they need it, and see where things go from there.

Oh, and a girl that doesn't go completely to pieces when hit with life-changing news, or an emergency situation - that's a keeper.
Those kind of people are too rare, male or female.
(Assuming your personalities are compatible and all).
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5719|College Park, MD
what he said
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6383|California
i like this other girl but today i was in the hot tub with some homies and these chicks and this blonde was all over me and we made out in the hot tub for a bit is that bad
its not cheating if the other one doesnt find out
chea
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

i like this other girl but today i was in the hot tub with some homies and these chicks and this blonde was all over me and we made out in the hot tub for a bit is that bad
chea
It's not cheating if you 'like' the girl, but the way you put it is that you're seeing this other girl. In which case you are cheating whether the girl knows or doesn't. No respect or understanding there.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6192|Sydney | ♥

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

chea
0 respect.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5491|Ventura, California
So the girl I like knew I liked her so she came on MSN being all, "So who do you like and all" then she asked me to describe her and everything then she asked who it was and I said her after she insisted.

So yeah she sort of politely said piss off after making it seem like she would be like, "I like you too".

Yeah I'm going to bed early...

That fucking hurt
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5190|Markham, Ontario

-Sh1fty- wrote:

So the girl I like knew I liked her so she came on MSN being all, "So who do you like and all" then she asked me to describe her and everything then she asked who it was and I said her after she insisted.

So yeah she sort of politely said piss off after making it seem like she would be like, "I like you too".

That fucking hurt
A few more weeks till texas. A few more weeks till texas. A few more weeks till texas...
You can still be friends with her, hopefully, right?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6538|Austin, Texas

-Sh1fty- wrote:

That fucking hurt
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 8#p3135708

Tried to warn you.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

-Sh1fty- wrote:

That fucking hurt
What did she say?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6672

Never tell them you "like" them. They get all creeped out. You have to go slow, pretend like you're just gonna go on a fun little date with her because she wants to. Act casual and nonchalant. They want what they can't have, so act like you couldn't care less about her. Telling her you've got a mad crush on her makes it too easy for her, the game is already won, and that's no fun for her.

But in the end, Bevo's right. You don't love her. Stop acting like you do. You'll realize soon enough.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard