• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • I keep getting a google-analytics popup, what the ghey
CrazeD
+368|6664|Maine
So, as I browse websites and click links and stuff, I keep getting a popup in a new window, with a url of search.google-analytics.com ... and then it usually redirects to google.com

I use Firefox 3.5, but tried other browsers and I get the same thing. So I figure it must be a nasty that I picked up somewhere. I scanned with MalwareBytes, and Avast, and no threats found. What the gay?!

It's freaking annoying.....any ideas?
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6704|US
1. check your addons for firefox
2. boot up in safe mode and run MalwareBytes
3. if neither one work try googling search.googleanalytics.com and see what you can find

Also if you recently installed anything, try uninstalling it, and physically remove the folder afterwards. Reboot, and see if its gone (probably sounds psychotic, but that's how I got rid of a trojan)
CrazeD
+368|6664|Maine
It's not Firefox because it happens in other browsers...

I've searched several times for google-analytics popups, and everyone just says "oh that's probably malware"...very helpful.
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6704|US
did you try #2 and uninstall anything you installed recently?
CrazeD
+368|6664|Maine
No I haven't tried safe mode, but I know I haven't installed anything recently that would do this.
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6704|US
Start>run...>msconfig>boot.ini tab>/SAFEBOOT checkbox>restart.

Screen is gonna be like 800x600, but you can get done what you want. When you're done, on the general tab of msconfig click the normal startup button.

If it still finds nothing then I dont know, thats as far as my tech help goes
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • I keep getting a google-analytics popup, what the ghey

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard