Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624
1) Forcing AA never works. Not even once.
2) It keeps my 5870's clock speed at 150/300 instead of 800/1200 when I'm trying to play Oblivion, and I cannot find an option to tell it to stop being so fucking stupid
3) How do I make a profile for a game in CCC? compared to how easy it was with nvidia's drivers I can't even figure out how to do it properly with CCC.

help
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Engineer_Fox
Has a horse outside
+48|5154|Hague City Firm - Holland
ATI is bullshit

*cuddles 4890*
alexb
<3
+590|5911|Kentucky, USA

Lucien wrote:

2) It keeps my 5870's clock speed at 150/300 instead of 800/1200 when I'm trying to play Oblivion, and I cannot find an option to tell it to stop being so fucking stupid
help
Nvidia drivers are shit too; my 8600GT is unstable in pretty much all of my games, and I've RMA'd it three times.

Perhaps you should try uninstalling, rebooting into safe mode, and using Driver Sweeper, and download the latest drivers and install those.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6298|Australia
why the hell u get a shity ATI

should have stayed with NVIDIA and got a 9800 GX2
they just rock
other night i was getting over 250 fps on cod 4

Srs now: has this always been a problem? if it's only a recent development, try uninstalling your current drivers and rolling back to the ones that originally came with your card. Worked for me when the 8.X drivers were making my card constantly shit itself.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6630|BC, Canada
I read that there was some problems with the latest batch of drivers, roll back to the last ones and use MSI Afterburner to set your clock speeds.
CrazeD
+368|6644|Maine
My last few ATi cards seem to throttle down the clocks when at idle... if I monitor it with GPU-z, they drop to like 50%. But as soon as I do something, they go back to correct speeds. Maybe this is what is happening...
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6385|Finland

Got some annoying problems with HD 5870 and all available ATi drivers. Texture flickering, flickering back squares in BC2, force AA works 1/10th times, AF seems to be working pretty sketchy and can't OC or screen flickers because of powerplay issues (downclocks when it shouldn't) on 120Hz screen.

At least no more of the grey bars issue with latest few driver sets.

Easiest way of making game profiles is manual global profiles and assign hotkeys for them. I know, not very handy but ATi thinks users don't know well enough how to setup things on their own (which is bs) so they don't allow such tweakability as NV Control Panel out of stock. If I remember right you may also be able to make profiles start when you run specific game shortcut.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2010-06-05 16:44:30)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
CrazeD
+368|6644|Maine

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Got some annoying problems with HD 5870 and all available ATi drivers. Texture flickering, flickering back squares in BC2, force AA works 1/10th times, AF seems to be working pretty sketchy and can't OC or screen flickers because of powerplay issues (downclocks when it shouldn't) on 120Hz screen.

At least no more of the grey bars issue with latest few driver sets.
Hm, I've never experienced any of those problems with my 5870.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard