Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6695|West Yorkshire, U.K
Hi,

So, I'm having problems with a LiteOn (Lite-On iHAS124-19) DVD drive. I have just newly built the computer everything boots up fine. I set the boot order to boot from DVD drive etc...

I pop in Windows 7, all is good. I choose language and then go to the next step. Windows searches for drivers and tells me this:

https://i45.tinypic.com/4h3alu.jpg

Conveniently the Lite-On website does not have the driver for me. I have found this website which appears to have the correct drivers, I put them onto a USB drive and Windows will still not detect it!

My other option is to use an IDE DVD drive to install Windows 7, then put the SATA one back in to see if I can fix it in Windows.

Any ideas atm?

Thanks.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6702|Devon, England
Using the IDE one for install sounds like a win, tbh.

Awkward, but should sort it.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6450|King Of The Islands

Is the SATA controller in AHCI or Native?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5190|Sydney
Install via flash drive...
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker

Kurazoo wrote:

I put them onto a USB drive and Windows will still not detect it!
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker

Cheez wrote:

Is the SATA controller in AHCI or Native?
I can't find that option in the bios anywhere. Hard disk is showing as IDE 0 Master, DVD drive showing IDE 1 Master.
alexb
<3
+590|5951|Kentucky, USA

Kurazoo wrote:

Conveniently the Lite-On website does not have the driver for me. I have found this website which appears to have the correct drivers, I put them onto a USB drive and Windows will still not detect it!
Those aren't drivers, those are the firmware - Windows will never detect it.

If you burned the copy of Windows 7 onto a DVD, try re-burning it at a lower burn speed and try again.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker

alexb wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

Those aren't drivers, those are the firmware - Windows will never detect it.

If you burned the copy of Windows 7 onto a DVD, try re-burning it at a lower burn speed and try again.
Ahh, that's probably why!

I did get the disc copied from a friend. I shall have it redone, thanks!
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6578|NYC / Hamburg

install windows from a flash drive
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard