eleven bravo
+1,399|5421|foggy bottom
the simunition rounds used in the military actually break skin
Tu Stultus Es
13rin
+977|6641

eleven bravo wrote:

they should have done that less than lethal sonic vibration thing they use on pirates.
And on the whalewars douche bags.

:35 in
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13rin
+977|6641

eleven bravo wrote:

Apparently getting shot in the dick/nuts "stings like a motherfucker".
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5520|London, England

DBBrinson1 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3hJbd-6guE

That's why you wear the nut flap.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5421|foggy bottom

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

That's why you wear the nut flap.
thats exactly why you wear the nut flap

the shit breaks skin even through layers of uniform
Tu Stultus Es
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6829

DBBrinson1 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Which is why I wear double pants when I used to paintball.

But yeah, military versions would definitely disperse most of the passengers.  Not so sure about those who've experienced getting knifed or shot though.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f9/Modular_Tactical_Vest_Okinawa.jpg/800px-Modular_Tactical_Vest_Okinawa.jpg

That little flap on the bottom front of the vest is detachable and is nothing more than kevlar. Because it dangles down, it gets in the way and a lot of people remove it because of that. That is the nut flap for anyone that was curious

I always wore mine but I removed the neck pieces as soon as I could

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-06-04 11:58:15)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6857|NJ

Ilocano wrote:

Paintballs to disperse martyr minded nutjobs? 
They were using Paintballs anyway, that's why I said it..

Actually that sonic thing that burns does actually work, only problem is the range is so small that all you have to do is move out of the way and you'd be ok.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6634|Kakanien

ghettoperson wrote:

I take issue with both sides of the debate, I understand that it really isn't a clear cut issue, unlike you partisan morons.
what he said
eleven bravo
+1,399|5421|foggy bottom
I never wore mine.  the later in the deployment, the more shit they had us wearing.
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

I never wore mine.  the later in the deployment, the more shit they had us wearing.
I still have the second issue fleece bear suit. It's awesome and the pants are great under ski pants
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6829

JohnG@lt wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

I still have the second issue fleece bear suit. It's awesome and the pants are great under ski pants
Are military pants good substitutes for snowboarding pants?  re: waterproofing?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6782|London, England

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Honestly, I hope they do should another 'aid' boat try to pass through.  These assholes wanted confrontation.  20 of them made wills before they left.  There are videos of them saying they want to be martyrs.  Fuck em'.  Good game Israel.
They definitely (well some of them) wanted something like this to happen. Does that make their cause any more wrong though, even if they were willing to die for it. It makes them kinda crazy sure, but it doesn't exactly validate Israel or show that they're wrong and Israel is right/good.
Well then maybe they should have left crazies at home and not fought back when the IDF boarded them.  This shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.  Israel tried to get the Turks to forbid the vessels from undocking.  Turkey did nothing.  The aid group is a pro-palestine/hamas organization.  It wasn't like the suiciders were wearing orange blazers apart from the rest of the crew.  Nah, the 'aid' group wanted something like this to happen, another case of 'big bad bully Israel'. 

As to right or wrong, a blockade is a blockade you don't just crash through them without consequences.  Israel has every right to take steps to insure its safety.  IMO, pulling outta Gaza was one of the worst mistakes they could have made.  How were they rewarded for this action?  With thousands of rockets.  Aid my ass, these people want Israel exterminated.  Antisemitism isn't cool in my book.
To be honest, if they have the right to do a dubious blockade like that then others have the right to run it. Of course, they risk shit like this happening. Other countries still have the right to complain in turn, Israel I guess still have the right to do what they did too. In the end the person who wins is the one with the biggest stick (and biggest friends) but nobody is actually in the right here.

I just think it's dumb how we're all told that Israel is the shining star in the middle east and that they can do no wrong and all the holocaust sob stories etc.. and then yelling "anti-semitism" at every chance, it all factors into situations like this and when you take into account the stuff that Israel do, you kinda get sick of it afterwards because there's too much BS

If Israel was just another country instead of constantly being propped up as the best thing since sliced bread things would be better, less propaganda and blatant hypocrisy would go a long way.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Are military pants good substitutes for snowboarding pants?  re: waterproofing?
The Gore-tex ones, yeah. Not the pair I'm talking about. They're just a suspendered set of fleece pants that I can wear under normal rain pants when skiing.
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5421|foggy bottom
wet weather pants would probably keep you dryer
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5421|foggy bottom

Mekstizzle wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

They definitely (well some of them) wanted something like this to happen. Does that make their cause any more wrong though, even if they were willing to die for it. It makes them kinda crazy sure, but it doesn't exactly validate Israel or show that they're wrong and Israel is right/good.
Well then maybe they should have left crazies at home and not fought back when the IDF boarded them.  This shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.  Israel tried to get the Turks to forbid the vessels from undocking.  Turkey did nothing.  The aid group is a pro-palestine/hamas organization.  It wasn't like the suiciders were wearing orange blazers apart from the rest of the crew.  Nah, the 'aid' group wanted something like this to happen, another case of 'big bad bully Israel'. 

As to right or wrong, a blockade is a blockade you don't just crash through them without consequences.  Israel has every right to take steps to insure its safety.  IMO, pulling outta Gaza was one of the worst mistakes they could have made.  How were they rewarded for this action?  With thousands of rockets.  Aid my ass, these people want Israel exterminated.  Antisemitism isn't cool in my book.
To be honest, if they have the right to do a dubious blockade like that then others have the right to run it. Of course, they risk shit like this happening. Other countries still have the right to complain in turn, Israel I guess still have the right to do what they did too. In the end the person who wins is the one with the biggest stick (and biggest friends) but nobody is actually in the right here.

I just think it's dumb how we're all told that Israel is the shining star in the middle east and that they can do no wrong and all the holocaust sob stories etc.. and then yelling "anti-semitism" at every chance, it all factors into situations like this and when you take into account the stuff that Israel do, you kinda get sick of it afterwards because there's too much BS

If Israel was just another country instead of constantly being propped up as the best thing since sliced bread things would be better, less propaganda and blatant hypocrisy would go a long way.
what irks me about the anti israeli crowd (world institutions included) is the amount of attention israel gets over other cases of injustice the world over.  the lives of a few million people are effected by what goes on in israel.  the lives of dozens of millions of people are adversly effected by any number of other things in other parts of the world, yet, its instant attention drawn to israel as if the little shitty strip of land next to bum fuck egypt is really worth anything at all,
Tu Stultus Es
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6857|NJ
I say we just leave them both alone and let them sort it out themselves.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5399|Cleveland, Ohio

Dilbert_X wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

PS To rephrase, I actually enjoyed Israel and the Jewish culture - it's not really Israel I dislike: more like Zionism, settler mentality and their government/military.
the government is the people.  that is a very stupid statement and is not true....well it cant be true.  your bias is unbelievable and is beyond transparent.
Actually not so much, Israel is another country where the govt is a shaky coalition held together with deals with the most extremist factions.

Very large parts of the Israeli population disagree with the govt, in the last election the relatively moderate party - Kadima - came first, but two extremist factions, - Yisrael Beiteinu and Shas - formed a coalition with right wing Likud and so formed a .

Yisrael Beitanu - "a national movement with the clear vision to follow in the brave path of Zev Jabotinsky", the founder of Revisionist Zionism"

Shas - "a political party in Israel, primarily representing Sephardic and Mizrahi Haredi Judaism"

So although the moderates 'won' the loony factions which came 3rd and 5th are dominating the country - and not doing a great job of it.

(Personally I think Israel has one of the worst systems of govt across the world)
sorry dilbert, i aint gonna listen to you on anything israel.  you are so one sided when it comes to israel that well.......it makes your words invisible.

fact is the govt comes from the populace.  they dont import people to lead their country.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6681|Πάϊ

FEOS wrote:

That's the thing about the law: all countries use it to their advantage. Who would ever use it to their own disadvantage?

The bottomline is that, just like those who scream about the Geneva Conventions, it would appear there are plenty who scream "illegal" WRT this blockade who apparently haven't bothered to actually, I don't know, read the applicable law involved.
Who cares what governments do? I thought we were debating based on what's right and what's wrong. Not whose arse is covered by some fucked up law. Sure Israel may have found a bloody loophole or some shit, but that sure as hell don't make the people of Gaza suffer any less now does it? The question FEOS is where do you stand in all this. Because were it not for people like you Israel would not be in a postition to mock us all.

FEOS wrote:

If the blockade zone has been defined, it doesn't matter if it's international waters (see Cuban Missile Crisis).
Could you elaborate on that? On first glance it just doesn't sound right... I mean I don't know but it iiis international waters still is it not?

FEOS wrote:

So there is wrongdoing and blame to go around...but unfortunately, all the reporting has been one-sided. At least all the reporting I've seen, anyway.
I have to admit this whole story reeks of Israeli blame so much, it seems kinda hard to shift the blame or create ambiguity. After all many Israelis have said that the biggest mistake they made was that they didn't destroy the whole convoy so there would be no witnesses!

But the biggest problem imo is that despite the global disapproval of the incident, nothing has yet been done about it. Israel atm is walking away untouched. It will be interesting to see if indeed it will remain so.

FEOS wrote:

If Iran hadn't signed the NPT, I don't think they would be under the same sort of pressure they are under today. The "problem" for them is, they did. Just as with North Korea, they did. Then they withdrew from it. Israel never signed it, so were never bound by it. It's a different dynamic and a different standard.
So your argument is that all this fuss is about a signature and not the actual nukes? Come on FEOS you know better than that. Let's not kid ourselves here shall we?
The US knows Israel has nukes and they also know that they tried to sell it to the Apartheid gov of South Africa in exchange for all the uranium they got for their own nuclear program. What did the US govt do about that? Nothing. So how is that not double standards?
ƒ³
13rin
+977|6641

Mekstizzle wrote:

So we agree, it is what it is.

I hate seeing the race/gender/age card let alone playing it, but what else do you call organizations that are anti-jew?

Israel hasn't been perfect by any means, however I'd rather side with a civilization not predisposed to blowing themselves up.  The problem is just as you described, Israel isn't just any other country -they're surrounded by people who want them dead. As to the propaganda, this is exactly what that 'aid' group wanted.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6937|Moscow, Russia

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I hate seeing the race/gender/age card let alone playing it, but what else do you call organizations that are anti-jew?
since when anti-israel means anti-jew?

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Israel hasn't been perfect by any means, however I'd rather side with a civilization not predisposed to blowing themselves up.
"We’ll bring the whole World down with us if we have to." (c) Benjamin Nenanyahu

DBBrinson1 wrote:

The problem is just as you described, Israel isn't just any other country - they're surrounded by people who want them dead.
there are actuions and there are consequences. israeli brought this upon themselves, you can't argue against that. and their so called "blockade" isn't going to help resolve this matter - not one bit.

DBBrinson1 wrote:

As to the propaganda, this is exactly what that 'aid' group wanted.
of course. i don't undesrstad why the word "propaganda" gives you people such a hard-on - everybody uses it and it works. deal with it.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6485|New Haven, CT
The thing I don't understand is why Israel would initiate any tactical hostilities being fully aware (I highly doubt their government officials are that ignorant, willfully or not) of the substantial battering their appearance would take should activists be killed. People criticizing Israel like to portray the IDF as blood thirsty renegades who shoot first and ask questions later, but it doesn't seem fair or accurate to extend such a depiction to the current incident. Who had the incentive to create bloodshed? Certainly not Israel, who gets unfairly criticized with irrational prejudices and rushed judgements every time they have the audacity to wage a war with some semblance of utilizing their fully military capacity. Rather, it would be the anti-Israeli attempting to exploit this; as seen in the passionate, yet misguided fury of posters such as CameronPoe, it is a rather effective weapon in these organizations' arsenals.

I'm not necessarily supporting the Israelis, but trying to point out a logical analysis seems to indicate the "victimized" activists weren't really as innocent as certain people want them to be.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6717

11 Bravo wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

PS To rephrase, I actually enjoyed Israel and the Jewish culture - it's not really Israel I dislike: more like Zionism, settler mentality and their government/military.
the government is the people.  that is a very stupid statement and is not true....well it cant be true.  your bias is unbelievable and is beyond transparent.
You think anyone is under any illusion about my bias Captain Obama Hussein McObvious? All of my arguments are however based in logic/reason and Dilbert rightly pointed out how disjointed Israeli politics is.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2010-06-05 04:52:33)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5399|Cleveland, Ohio

CameronPoe wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

You think anyone is under any illusion about my bias Captain Obama McObvious. All of my arguments are however based in logic/reason and Dilbert rightly pointed out how disjointed Israeli politics is.
doesnt matter what you think.  fact is their politicians come from the populace.  therefore you cannot just separate the two.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6717

11 Bravo wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

You think anyone is under any illusion about my bias Captain Obama McObvious. All of my arguments are however based in logic/reason and Dilbert rightly pointed out how disjointed Israeli politics is.
doesnt matter what you think.  fact is their politicians come from the populace.  therefore you cannot just separate the two.
Of course the populace must take some blame but when I go to a country I play the good tourist and treat those I meet as individuals.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard