nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT

nlsme1 wrote:

There are all kinds of radioactive isotopes that come from nukes. Just in the testing of nukes, there were vast amounts put into a wide range of land.
Protip: Depleted uranium =/= fission byproducts.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

nlsme1 wrote:

There are all kinds of radioactive isotopes that come from nukes. Just in the testing of nukes, there were vast amounts put into a wide range of land.
That makes me think you don't really know how radioactivity from nukes works. Tip... it doesn't come from the nuke itself.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Wiki wrote:

Epidemiological studies and toxicological tests on laboratory animals point to it as being immunotoxic, teratogenic, neurotoxic, with carcinogenic and leukemogenic potential. A 2005 report by epidemiologists concluded: "the human epidemiological evidence is consistent with increased risk of birth defects in offspring of persons exposed to DU.
In a three week period of conflict in Iraq during 2003 it was estimated over 1000 tons of depleted uranium munitions were used, mostly in cities.
Like I said, the effect of this will be felt for a while, much longer than previous wars, and over a much wider area including back in the countries which sent troops.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
I'm not denying DU is harmful to humans, but as noted previously, the danger isn't derived from radioactivity.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

nukchebi0 wrote:

I'm not denying DU is harmful to humans, but as noted previously, the danger isn't derived from radioactivity.
Yes, as I've said myself. It's chemical properties are not to be sneezed at though.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
nlsme1
+32|5387
This is sacrier then DU.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fallout
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

nlsme1 wrote:

This is sacrier then DU.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fallout
Indeed it is... but do you think that it all comes from a ten-kg blob of metal?

Last edited by Spark (2010-06-03 06:22:20)

~ Richard Feynman
nlsme1
+32|5387
I think there are probably still radioactive isotopes in our atmoshpere. From numerous 10kg blobs of metal.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY

nlsme1 wrote:

I think there are probably still radioactive isotopes in our atmoshpere. From numerous 10kg blobs of metal.
And there is probably a helluva lot more from burning coal.  What's your point?
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

Spark wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Yes, as I've said myself. It's chemical properties are not to be sneezed at though.
"tbh it's called depleted uranium because it's not that radioactive, it's more toxic than radioactive, so it's more likely to kill shit than mutate it." -myself

you people, going on beating dead horses.

Anyways, 10kg blobs of metal are unlikely to stay in the atmosphere for long, something called gravity, yknow?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California

krazed wrote:

anyway, what i meant was.... they mostly died for nothing
I really fucking hate that. A lot of men die because of dumb superiors. Also, WW1 was the biggest waste of human life for total nonsense! You've got men dying because of stupid politicians, that enrages me so much. I FUCKING HATE politicians and people who do shit wars like that and you really wonder why the fuck you're there.

Also, dumb officers with stupid plans, I mean WTF they should be slaughtered in the most painful ways possible for the crap they order.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
DU was used during the invasion, not the occupation.
Tu Stultus Es
prototype
+52|6281
gotta love the US still killing Nazis 60+ years later
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Trotskygrad wrote:

Anyways, 10kg blobs of metal are unlikely to stay in the atmosphere for long, something called gravity, yknow?
You know it oxidises and turns to dust right?
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6565|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

prototype wrote:

gotta love the US still killing Nazis 60+ years later
/thread

-Sh1fty- wrote:

krazed wrote:

anyway, what i meant was.... they mostly died for nothing
I really fucking hate that. A lot of men die because of dumb superiors. Also, WW1 was the biggest waste of human life for total nonsense! You've got men dying because of stupid politicians, that enrages me so much. I FUCKING HATE politicians and people who do shit wars like that and you really wonder why the fuck you're there.

Also, dumb officers with stupid plans, I mean WTF they should be slaughtered in the most painful ways possible for the crap they order.
I really can't wait until you get into the armed forces (if you do, you need to be in AMERICA and be an AMERICAN in order to do so.) you are totally going to fail miserably at it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

seymorebutts443 wrote:

Sh1fty wrote:

I really can't wait until you get into the armed forces (if you do, you need to be in AMERICA and be an AMERICAN in order to do so.) you are totally going to fail miserably at it.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6676

Macbeth wrote:

The effects of WW2 onto modern times is vast and we could fill books with how the war is still being felt. One of the most interesting, to me, has to do with the change in Euro culture. Before WW2 the game was imperialism in Europe and the average folk supported it, after WW2 the average Euro recoils at the idea of war no matter how just the cause.
Pacifism and liberalism have a lot to thank Hitler for in this case.
Hitler also has a lot to thank pacifism, liberalism, and Neville Chamberlain for.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard