Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

I get a fair bit of personal attacks whenever I try to be serious or be constructive, it's the main reason I don't bother to be constructive most of the time anymore and why my level of activity dropped to 2 or 3 post a day tops. Anyway my point is: it would love to see personal attacks be dealt with more harshly or something. I mean there are several members here who don't do much more in DST than insult and personally attack others and even after they get reported or get AWMed by a mod they still get manage to be allowed full freedom to troll and flame.

If that makes any sense, blackberries suck for posting.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

it would be humours to create a thread for bashing only ... 2 men enter only 1 can leave

if anything it would be fun to read
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
tuckergustav
+1,590|5914|...

SEREMAKER wrote:

it would be humours to create a thread for bashing only ... 2 men enter only 1 can leave

if anything it would be fun to read
I think KCD came up with that idea...
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5999|Vortex Ring State

Shahter wrote:

wtf, make me a mod. i'll show ya!
you lack ze karmaz.

No but seriously, practically all the mods have karma over 1000, and it isn't that hard to farm karma.

and Macbeth is right, the flaming has to stop. Arguments turn into who has more credentials to debate the topic, complete with mudslinging. IDFC about credentials, as long as your point is valid, you should be able to participate in a debate.

Oh and that thread should be called the cage.
nlsme1
+32|5417

Trotskygrad wrote:

Shahter wrote:

you lack ze karmaz.

No but seriously, practically all the mods have karma over 1000, and it isn't that hard to farm karma.

and Macbeth is right, the flaming has to stop. Arguments turn into who has more credentials to debate the topic, complete with mudslinging. IDFC about credentials, as long as your point is valid, you should be able to participate in a debate.

Some people beleive karma IS the standard too ones right to post an opinion. A few pages back is an excellant example.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

nlsme1 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Shahter wrote:

you lack ze karmaz.

Some people beleive karma IS the standard too ones right to post an opinion. A few pages back is an excellant example.
yeah Galt shouldn't have said what he did about karma

I look at karma as a way to tell if a person is being serious about something or sarcastic and someone with a low count it can be difficult to tell
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Trotskygrad
бля

nlsme1 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Shahter wrote:

you lack ze karmaz.

it's a standard to how well accepted you are in the forums.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6776|Moscow, Russia

Trotskygrad wrote:

Shahter wrote:

you lack ze karmaz.

/facepalm
dude, i wasn't being serious - i've no desire whatsoever to moderate this forum, much less "farm karma" or any such bullshit. basically, i'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum (c). to clash heads with FEOS and lol at lowings and cybargs. the more this shit gets moderated the less interesting it will become for me.

Last edited by Shahter (2010-06-01 08:26:11)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
nlsme1
+32|5417

Trotskygrad wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

you lack ze karmaz.

I would say you are pretty well acepted in the forums. You don't really have a high karma count. Lowing has a high karma count. Enough said.
Karma is so 2008.
ruisleipa
+149|6222|teh FIN-land

Trotskygrad wrote:

not really true, a lot of people's karma consists of other people saying what an asshole they are...although sometimes that's practically a compliment.
Trotskygrad
бля

ruisleipa wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

not really true, a lot of people's karma consists of other people saying what an asshole they are...although sometimes that's practically a compliment.
tbh if I want to insult someone I do it over PM, they don't deserve the karma, -.-
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

Trotskygrad wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

tbh if I want to insult someone I do it over PM, they don't deserve the karma, -.-
Same, karma is reserved for good posts
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
nlsme1
+32|5417

Trotskygrad wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

What you do and what others do are 2 different things. Let alone the karma farming you mentioned earlier. A signifigant portion of some poeple karma comes from ONE other person that shares the same beliefs. You yourself had said that I posted an interesting point of view. Did you karma me. Looking through some peoples karma, it is comedic to see how much karma is givin because their shit seems to be of a similar color and texture.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

I was running a 2:1 karma per day ratio a few months back.
ruisleipa
+149|6222|teh FIN-land

JohnG@lt wrote:

Same, karma is reserved for good posts
no, you insult them in threads which is why we're having this discussion. See previous page.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
All Israel related threads should be condensed... Otherwise it'd end up like this

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p3063851
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
pilebomb
+8|6120
Main problem I see with DAST as a reader more than a poster is the quality of posters has just consistantly gone downhill. Even some of the old time posters are still around don't post anywhere near as much as they use to and the people filling the gap really are just not that good for the most part. Basically, when I go to a news or sports website, I avoid reading some of the columists because I already know they're gonna suck. The same thing happens here. When I see a lowing vs. rus quotetree bonanza, it's just not worth even looking at because I've seen it before. I know it's gonna suck. The insults and shit are as old as DAST as far as I'm concerned and are not really the problem. Getting quality new posters on a forum for a mostly dead game? Yeah.....
Anywho, still provides an interesting perspective sometimes but even then less and less. Beats reading articles on cnn.

tl:dr Quality sucks and it really can't be fixed.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
get back to me when the mods grow a pair of nuts to get rid of shit like this
"If they look mexican, odds are they are illegal aliens. "
till then, fuck yourselves.
Tu Stultus Es
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

eleven bravo wrote:

I'd like to question your immigration status...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
nlsme1
+32|5417

Cybargs wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

"For what am I being questioned?"

Sry, wrong thread for this debate.

Last edited by nlsme1 (2010-06-01 10:24:41)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom

nlsme1 wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

"For what am I being questioned?"
whoop, thats resisting arrest, the cuffs on you they go
Tu Stultus Es
pace51
Boom?
+194|5173|Markham, Ontario

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

How do you want to see DAST change with an emphasis on the administration of the section?

If you want to see a "better" section we could try upping the intensity of the moderation significantly. Delete anything that is a personal attack, delete anything that does not significantly contribute, no more OPs with just a news article and two sentences at the bottom, outright ban repeat offenders in a much shorter timeframe, etc. But only if you want it. I'm not going to put more effort into something I don't enjoy doing if it's going to go unappreciated. A lot of posts will be deleted and probably significantly more bans than usual. But if you guys want it, I will make an effort.

All of this of course is predicated on your ability to generate content. You have to meet us halfway here. Making genuine topics and taking time with responses is what is going to make or break the changes. Trying to elevate a section only by deleting poor posts and banning members is a terrible way to go about things. You have to take some responsibility for the section as well.

On the other hand do you want to see it maintain its current course?
Hire more mods... not kidding. Sometimes, people are on and the forum goes modless for minutes. Once, I was on without any mods for about 20 minutes or so, not counting brief pop-ins. Like, get some level headed user or some quiet, well behaved user that no one really knows much about that can be on most of the time. That way, no one knows anything about them and cannot contest their decisions.

And, I agree with you FM, but I think posts with a link and two sentences should stay. Those are the best debating threads. Small OP... etc.
nlsme1
+32|5417
Sorry, that is not "resisting arrest". Protip, carry an audio recorder on you at ALL times. You never know when the chance to get rich might come up. Even though it is not that often.

Sh*t, sry again. Wrong thread for this debate.

Last edited by nlsme1 (2010-06-01 10:28:54)

pace51
Boom?
+194|5173|Markham, Ontario

pace51 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

How do you want to see DAST change with an emphasis on the administration of the section?

If you want to see a "better" section we could try upping the intensity of the moderation significantly. Delete anything that is a personal attack, delete anything that does not significantly contribute, no more OPs with just a news article and two sentences at the bottom, outright ban repeat offenders in a much shorter timeframe, etc. But only if you want it. I'm not going to put more effort into something I don't enjoy doing if it's going to go unappreciated. A lot of posts will be deleted and probably significantly more bans than usual. But if you guys want it, I will make an effort.

All of this of course is predicated on your ability to generate content. You have to meet us halfway here. Making genuine topics and taking time with responses is what is going to make or break the changes. Trying to elevate a section only by deleting poor posts and banning members is a terrible way to go about things. You have to take some responsibility for the section as well.

On the other hand do you want to see it maintain its current course?
Hire more mods... not kidding. Sometimes, people are on and the forum goes modless for minutes. Once, I was on without any mods for about 20 minutes or so, not counting brief pop-ins. Like, get some level headed user or some quiet, well behaved user that no one really knows much about that can be on most of the time. That way, no one knows anything about them and cannot contest their decisions.

And, I agree with you FM, but I think posts with a link and two sentences should stay. Those are the best debating threads. Small OP... etc.
Or, maybe you could make another sub-forum in DST for small, more strictly monitored debates where instead of the public voicing their opinions, a few experts or individuals who have genuine info about a topic can debate or discuss something.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom

nlsme1 wrote:

Sorry, that is not "resisting arrest". Protip, carry an audio recorder on you at ALL times. You never know when the chance to get rich might come up. Even though it is not that often.

Sh*t, sry again. Wrong thread for this debate.
it was a joke meant to comment on the fact that you could innocent of everything and get arrested for resisting arrest.  thats exactly what happened to me.
Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard