Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5365|London, England

Spark wrote:

If you have to resort to personal attacks then tbh you've lost the debate. It just turns it into puerile tripe if they go unchecked.
Calling someone a moron on a topic that has been debated previously saves time. I don't like having the same conversation 19453789 times and that's all that seems to happen here. The same 4-5 topics are brought up over and over and over and over and over and I'm expected to contribute to them in a constructive manner every time they appear? Fuck that. Read what I wrote previously in some other thread with a nearly identical title if you want to read anything more well thought out.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

JohnG@lt wrote:

Spark wrote:

If you have to resort to personal attacks then tbh you've lost the debate. It just turns it into puerile tripe if they go unchecked.
Calling someone a moron on a topic that has been debated previously saves time. I don't like having the same conversation 19453789 times and that's all that seems to happen here. The same 4-5 topics are brought up over and over and over and over and over and I'm expected to contribute to them in a constructive manner every time they appear? Fuck that. Read what I wrote previously in some other thread with a nearly identical title if you want to read anything more well thought out.
And yet you don't like the idea of consolidating those 19453789 topics into one?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Personal attack
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
nlsme1
+32|5424

JohnG@lt wrote:

Spark wrote:

Then don't post if you are so bored. NOBODY has the time to read through archives. If you have a point to make, make it. If not, stfu. Personal attacks have NO place in DS&T.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Spark wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Spark wrote:

And yet you don't like the idea of consolidating those 19453789 topics into one?
Nope. I'd rather people take the time to post something original instead. They shouldn't be coerced into discussing certain topics just because they have a sticky attached to them. A sticky means a topic is worthy of discussion, it grants that discussion more importance than any other.
-Frederick Bastiat
ruisleipa
+149|6229|teh FIN-land

JohnG@lt wrote:

Besides, it's all a matter of perspective anyway. ruisleipa is clearly an anti-semite but if I mention that, I get called a troll.
LMFAO this comment just shows you have no clue. It's too dumb to even be considered an insult.

You get offended by me cos you have thin skin and then you say I should go away (or 'fuck off' probably knowing your level of talk), and yet here you are saying it's OK to insult people? Wtf are you on?

If you don't feel like contributing to a thread then fucking don't post. If you don't like the same 4-5 topics coming up then go to a different forum. It's reeeeal simple.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

nlsme1 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Spark wrote:

Then don't post if you are so bored. NOBODY has the time to read through archives. If you have a point to make, make it. If not, stfu. Personal attacks have NO place in DS&T.
Awww.... someone was picked on as a child and wants a safe place to play away from all the big scary men out in the real world.
-Frederick Bastiat
Spark
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS
I'd rather people take the time to post something original instead.
And how, precisely, would you help do that? You're not being at all constructive here.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6006|Vortex Ring State

Spark wrote:

And how, precisely, would you help do that? You're not being at all constructive here.
This thread is broken dammit. Jeez Galt, you don't have to reply to every person who flames you.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Spark wrote:

Of course I'm not. I haven't even had my first cup of coffee yet

I am NOT a morning person
-Frederick Bastiat
Spark
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

JohnG@lt wrote:

Spark wrote:

Of course I'm not. I haven't even had my first cup of coffee yet

I am NOT a morning person
Right... I'm going to go to sleep then and see if it's a bit better in the morning
~ Richard Feynman
nlsme1
+32|5424

JohnG@lt wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

And who made you judge, jury and executioner? I'm not here to sit in some debate club with stringent rules and regulations. I'm here to discuss interesting topics and if insults end up getting thrown? That's life. A sterile environment, where people could express any opinion they want without worry of being insulted to the point of embarrassment for holding them, sounds like the most boring place in the world.
This is DEBATE and SERIOUS TALK, not INSULT TO MY HEARTS CONTENT. Insults have NO place in this section. 

If you can't keep a level head, this forum is NOT for you.
If you can't keep a level head, this forum is NOT for you.

Gettit?
Man, I would care what you have to say, but you only have 15 karma so it's safe to ignore you.
So you study and abide by everything someone with Karma posts? Maybe I don't post that much because DS&T is filled with people like you. People that don't debate, or hold a serious conversation.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6575|Mountains of NC

I don't think anything needs fixing, ppl can grow thicker skin and not take what is said on gaming forum so personal.

Or if its that rough, hit the report button and move on let a mod take care of it. If this might be the route then maybe hiring a few more level headed mods.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
nlsme1
+32|5424

JohnG@lt wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Awww.... someone was picked on as a child and wants a safe place to play away from all the big scary men out in the real world.
Ignorance is bliss. At least for you. You are NOT big, nor are you scary. And I have dealt with the "real world" longer then you have been in charge of your own life.
Trotskygrad
бля

SEREMAKER wrote:

Or if its that rough, hit the report button and move on let a mod take care of it. If this might be the route then maybe hiring a few more level headed mods.
who you fingering there boy?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Trotskygrad wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

who you fingering there boy?
are you referring to new mod status ?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5706
Well for one I wouldn't put some 16 year old in charge. Where is Kmar?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Kmar should be bumped to Admin

Now I don't want to sound like I'm tooting my own horn but I keep a level head and never go for the personal attack. Also, Turquoise is another excellent candiate for mod status and since we don't have a female on mod board how about Eifa
ruisleipa
+149|6229|teh FIN-land

SEREMAKER wrote:

since we don't have a female on mod board how about Eifa
No disrespect to Eifa but I duno why mods should be appointed on their sex? Affirmative action? I definitely want some black people/Asians/Mexicans etc as admin then.

On the other hand, Eifa is Finnish so that'd fell two birds with one mouse click
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

ruisleipa wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

No disrespect to Eifa but I duno why mods should be appointed on their sex? Affirmative action? I definitely want some black people/Asians/Mexicans etc as admin then.

On the other hand, Eifa is Finnish so that'd fell two birds with one mouse click
Maybe get a different perspective on things, I see her on here the most out of the others and she seems to keep a level head.

I'm just tossing it out there as a suggestion.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5921|...

Come on guys..FM has a point...and he is trying to come up with a way to make DST a little more inclusive.  That's not a bad thing!

I like to partake in a good discussion every once in awhile in DST...but the "good" discussion only lasts the first page or so, then it reverts to back and forth bitching between 2-4 people. Typically, when this happens, any post made by someone outside those 2-4 people gets ignored just to continue the piss-fest.  There have been claims that you want to hear from people that "know what they are talking about"...but what is clear to some of us is that you only want to argue AGAINST someone and not discuss.
Trotskygrad
бля

tuckergustav wrote:

Come on guys..FM has a point...and he is trying to come up with a way to make DST a little more inclusive.  That's not a bad thing!

I like to partake in a good discussion every once in awhile in DST...but the "good" discussion only lasts the first page or so, then it reverts to back and forth bitching between 2-4 people. Typically, when this happens, any post made by someone outside those 2-4 people gets ignored just to continue the piss-fest.  There have been claims that you want to hear from people that "know what they are talking about"...but what is clear to some of us is that you only want to argue AGAINST someone and not discuss.
exactly the point me and spark are trying to make with our thread degeneration and flaming issues.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6723

ruisleipa wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Then I'd qualify lelz. EIFA IS A FUCKING MOD WTF.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ruisleipa
+149|6229|teh FIN-land

Cybargs wrote:

Then I'd qualify lelz.
As a woman?
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6782|Moscow, Russia
wtf, make me a mod. i'll show ya!
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard