pace51
Boom?
+194|5166|Markham, Ontario
This is DST, not political gossip limited.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD

11 Bravo wrote:

hmmm its sunny in DC right now
hot and humid, tbh it must suck being in the Old Guard. When it's not Spring or Fall you're either melting in the hot sticky weather or freezing.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6698

Trotskygrad wrote:

tbh, no one bitched about Bush doing it.

Seriously, the media is just milking this gaffe for all it's worth.
The media freaked out when Bush missed it.  It was all over the news.
mikkel
+383|6594

11 Bravo wrote:

hmmm its sunny in DC right now.  oh i guess they dont have weather forecasters in the white house.  well he tried eh pos?  what a joke,

if that is your idea of trying well then.....
So what you're suggesting is that he sought out a location where weather wouldn't permit a speech, showed up, and then called it off, all because.. what?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

Macbeth wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/31/obama-memorial-day-speech_n_595340.html
ELWOOD, Ill. -- Torrential rain, lightning, thunder and strong winds forced President Barack Obama to cancel a Memorial Day speech at the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Illinois.

Obama took the stage at midday under the cover of a large umbrella to tell thousands of people who came to hear him speak that "a little rain never hurt anybody but we don't want anybody struck by lightning."

He asked people to return to their cars for safety.

Obama waited out the storm in the cemetery's administration building. He later boarded a pair of buses to greet military families that came for the ceremony.

According to White House spokesman Bill Burton, Obama personally made the decision to warn people in the open field to take shelter. From the pool report:
God's trying to tell him something...
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
God's trying to tell the people something about the soldiers.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

11 Bravo wrote:

hmmm its sunny in DC right now.  oh i guess they dont have weather forecasters in the white house.  well he tried eh pos?  what a joke,

Yes, I'm sure he went through all the effort to fly to Chicago, get everything organized for a speech and go through all the other planning just so he could have torrential downpour and lightning ruin it all.

Yes yes, I'm quite sure he had that all planned out.
FEOS
+1,182|6403|'Murka

Poseidon wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Yes, I'm sure he went through all the effort to fly to Chicago, get everything organized for a speech and go through all the other planning just so he could have torrential downpour and lightning ruin it all.

Katrina proved the POTUS can control the weather...just ask the conspiracy freaks.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5230|Cleveland, Ohio

FEOS wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Katrina proved the POTUS can control the weather...just ask the conspiracy freaks.
i knew you guys would go in this direction.  my point was if you looked ahead at the weather, DC would have been the better option.   i knew the weather 4 days out cuz we fly to both locations and is part of my planning.  they cant do the same?  i bet he was told it was supposed to rain and he prolly said meh.  if he WAS really trying then he would have went to Arlington.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North
what does POTUS stand for?
FEOS
+1,182|6403|'Murka

11 Bravo wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

i knew you guys would go in this direction.  my point was if you looked ahead at the weather, DC would have been the better option.   i knew the weather 4 days out cuz we fly to both locations and is part of my planning.  they cant do the same?  i bet he was told it was supposed to rain and he prolly said meh.  if he WAS really trying then he would have went to Arlington.
He should've gone to Arlington, regardless.

POTUS = President of the United States
― Albert Einstein

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5230|Cleveland, Ohio
i know but his fanbois are trying to make every excuse possible.
mikkel
+383|6594

11 Bravo wrote:

Looks like you're the one trying to make every excuse possible to be critical. You're stacking inferences on top of speculation and interpreting them according to the conclusion that you've already made.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6698
This is pretty simple.  For the most part, if you like Obama, then you don't think it's a big deal.  If you don't like Obama, then you do think this is a big deal.  It's pretty much the same when other politicians make mistakes.  The sad thing is, most people don't see to be able to distinguish between a significant and very telling mistake, such as calling the police stupid, and something minor like not wearing a tiny, stupid pin on his jacket.  This one is more significant than the pin, but focusing on things like this really just distracts from the really serious, big issues, such as how Obama is a communist bent on becoming leader of the emerging global government.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
dont forget the fluoride in the water too
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD
and 9/11!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

11 Bravo wrote:

I work a job dependent on weather most of the time and I can tell you from personal experience that they don't always have any clue as to what's really going to happen from one day to the next.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5171|Sydney
You only need to stick your head out the window and look at the forecasts for the next month to see that they only get it right about 60% of the time (weather wise). It's far from exact science.

mikkel wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Looks like you're the one trying to make every excuse possible to be critical. You're stacking inferences on top of speculation and interpreting them according to the conclusion that you've already made.
And yeah, reading through this, pretty much spot on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard