ISIK_Dark
+0|6850|Pueblo
Fuck this fucking badge..........I will not make any more attempts at it.

Anyone else agree??

I also think the requirements are too high when you compare it to the other badges.

Last edited by ISIK_Dark (2005-10-19 21:31:28)

lowyaukee
+2|6846
Well.. I got it accidentally some day when I played as an engineer....
Mubbly
+0|6776
I got mine easily by suicide car bombing on MEC team repeatedly at Strike and Karkand. Just gotta be quick about it and go str8 for the road in front of the 1st fence on the way up. You'll run into a tank or APC allot too, I'd always give them priority .
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6844
In the bag.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6776
yes i made mine the first time i tried it on karkand as USMC by simply placing C4 at heavily travelled bottlenecks and waiting for MEC to run by

i've also got a lot of explosive kills by doing the same thing ^^ with claymores
Sturmvogel
+1|6787
The basic is too hard? Please. Get back to me when you're trying for the Expert badge then I'll agree.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6776

Sturmvogel wrote:

The basic is too hard? Please. Get back to me when you're trying for the Expert badge then I'll agree.
exactly, 13 kills is nothing
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6835|St. Louis, MO
You can use mines,claymores or explosives.Mix it up if you have to.Personally I prefered car bombs.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6837|Netherlands
car bombs.........what a laugh...i dont even bother anymore.  when ur dead               ur dead  so with some teammates...

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2005-10-20 00:20:32)

The Soup Nazi
+18|6799|North Lauderdale, FL
i found that picking a server that has a max of like 24 players on a 64 player map makes getting this badge very easy.  you will have plenty of time to drive around with c4 strapped to your car searching for your next victim.  when i went for my basic, i got it within 10 minutes of the round.  and, because i was having so much fun driving the Jihad Jeep, i achieved the veteran only a few minutes later.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6853|Missoula, MT

ISIK_Dark wrote:

Fuck this fucking badge..........I will not make any more attempts at it.

Anyone else agree??

I also think the requirements are too high when you compare it to the other badges.
LOL...I'm with you.  Haven't really tried for it though.  I'll see about it tonight, then comment further if need be. 

Well, after "trying for it" I'm still with ya! 

Last edited by CMDR_Dave (2005-10-20 17:41:25)

ISIK_Dark
+0|6850|Pueblo
Everyone says its easy but everytime I try I get smoked.  Tanks blow me up when Im trying to suicide.  I usually get picked off while I'm setting up my booby trap.  or the round just ends before I can get to 13.
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6805|Canberra, Australia
Yeah I am in the same boat...

But I reckon Wake Island is the way to go with Mines... as the enemy have to drive through certain areas.  What do other people think?
divided
Clear!
+3|6784

Sturmvogel wrote:

I had so much trouble with that badge, I'm still pissed about it. I'm talking about expert btw..

Last edited by divided (2005-10-20 15:02:56)

The Soup Nazi
+18|6799|North Lauderdale, FL
good idea...  until your idiotic teammates decide to drive over the pretty little red skull 'n crossbones...
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6807|Barrington, RI
Basic is easy, just run through Karkand using nothing but C4. carbombs aren't a necessity, I got mine without having to use that tactic.  Don't get me wrong, jihad jeeping is awesome but doesn't always net you enough kills.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6839|Australia
its too easy.
ISIK_Dark
+0|6850|Pueblo
Ok got my basic, veteran and could have got my expert explosives badge if I had 300 explosives kills.  All in one round.  All suicide bombing by the way.

Funniest round I have ever played in my life.  People called me every bad word in the book.  "WOW YOUR A FUCKING NOOB" was a quote from the first guy I killed this way.I almost fell out of my seat laughing.  One guy even had a jihad war with me for about half the round.  Towards the end of the round everytime I would get a kill they would just say " DAMIT NOT YOU AGAIN".

My score was absolutly pathetic I had 3 combat points and -76 teamwork points.   But I did manages 40 explosive kills before the round ended.

I'm still not completly happy about the sleezy way I so called "EARNED" this badge.

Last edited by ISIK_Dark (2005-10-20 22:21:23)

T1mbrW0lf
+2|6807|Eastern PA
I still haven't obtained my "Basic Boom Badge", but that's largely because I just can't force myself to single-mindedly concentrate on only that goal, and let the other team run amok on the flag caps. I'll play Defense when nobody else will (or even grasps the concept); and whatever kit seems to be needed otherwise if my Team is losing . . .

Ironically, I made Vet Spec-Ops and got the "Good Conduct Medal" shortly thereafter while making an explosive nuisence of myself during a round as MEC on Karkand - but when the round ended, I only had 12 C4 kills out of my total . . . <sigh>
v1l2u5
+1|6790
I tried claymores but teammates just run to the red skull&crossbones like moths to flames.  grr.. I tried land mines and either teammates hit them or the round ends..   I'll try c4 next, but trying to get my boom badge and knife badge is starting to piss me off.. 
v1l2u5
+1|6790
I got my basic as a engr and setting down mines in the front in the fence area..  I hope is stays because I got booted because of some corrupted memory file.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6786|Noizyland

Explosives is one of the three badges I don't have, (that and helicopter and knife.) I'm boycotting the whole Jihad jeep thing, I just don't like it and there are so many ways it could go wrong.
Next time I go for it, I'll just snoop around enemy main base and sabotage veichles like Blackhawks and APCs. The ones with lots of people in them. I've made a couple of pretty fireworks displays with choppers, which is only matched in exhiloratory feeling by the fact that you generally get quite a few kills.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
dan500
+57|6859
Got basic, but im with you, fook the expert and vet'
MattCicioni
+1|6840|Arizona
I have a question, does your suicides get subtracted from your kill count if you are jihad jeeping?

I swear I got 23 kills with C4, but no badge, perhaps I killed myself too much.

-Matt

https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/awards.jpg
Tungsten
+0|6774
I finally got this badge today playing on a 64 player Karkland server as a sniper.  The trick, for me, was to dump claymores in the narrow alleyways surrounding that first flag.  Once that point switch hands my kills went way down.  I had much more luck w/ the claymores than the C4...

I'm missing only the knife badge, now.  It seems even more ridiculous.  7 in one round?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard