Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida

Poseidon wrote:

What did you expect? Aliens?
Nope, just expected something..... more original.  Like I said, it just didn't feel like the show ended the way it could have ended. 

I actually liked season 6 as a whole... IMO Ab Aetorno and Happily Ever After were some of the best episodes of Lost ever made.  The finale and purgatory reveal just felt tacked on. 

If you want to get specific, what I honestly thought would happen was the sideways world would be revealed to be an alt-universe created by the Jughead bomb, a world in which the island "sunk", the light escaped and Jacob didn't alter any of their lives.  Of course I didn't expect this to happen, precisely, but I believed the finale just opened more holes in the plot than it closed. 

Again, it just didn't feel like the finale met the bar that the show had set for itself.  I wasn't expecting many answers but the road they took just felt a bit contrived, especially after they spent a good amount of time denying the "purgatory" theory 3-4 years ago.  I mean, I know the island itself wasn't purgatory, but that's the word people seem to be calling the final revelation. 

Was a great show though when all is said and done.  Only show I would say is better is The Wire.

Last edited by Spearhead (2010-05-26 21:17:14)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

Spearhead wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

What did you expect? Aliens?
Nope, just expected something..... more original.  Like I said, it just didn't feel like the show ended the way it could have ended. 

I actually liked season 6 as a whole... IMO Ab Aetorno and Happily Ever After were some of the best episodes of Lost ever made.  The finale and purgatory reveal just felt tacked on. 

If you want to get specific, what I honestly thought would happen was the sideways world would be revealed to be an alt-universe created by the Jughead bomb, a world in which the island "sunk", the light escaped and Jacob didn't alter any of their lives.  Of course I didn't expect this to happen, precisely, but I believed the finale just opened more holes in the plot than it closed. 

Again, it just didn't feel like the finale met the bar that the show had set for itself.  I wasn't expecting many answers but the road they took just felt a bit contrived, especially after they spent a good amount of time denying the "purgatory" theory 3-4 years ago.  I mean, I know the island itself wasn't purgatory, but that's the word people seem to be calling the final revelation. 

Was a great show though when all is said and done.  Only show I would say is better is The Wire.
I'm with you there. It seemed like a cheap, easy way out. A disappointment for a series that had never been anything but original.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6218|Phoenix, AZ
Hey. Just asking.

Did anyone else wonder WTF happened to whitmore?

Or did I totally miss him getting shot or something
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

GodFather wrote:

Hey. Just asking.

Did anyone else wonder WTF happened to whitmore?

Or did I totally miss him getting shot or something
He did get shot.. lol

He was trying to save his daughter by telling Flocke some information, and Ben wouldn't let him as a form of revenge for Alex's death.

oh and http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/26/los … ed-on-dvd/

Last edited by Poseidon (2010-05-27 09:46:15)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

https://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5559/gif02d.gif
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5274|San Angelo, TX
@Zeek.  I'm fairly convinced at this point that there is nothing on Earth that you like, enjoy, approve of, or cherish other than shitty clothes and your stupid college.  ...and possible meth.

@the most of the rest of you.  You are impossible to please.  I thought the ending was perfect.  It answered alot of questions and left alot unanswered, which simply kept the mystery aspect of the series intact.  If they would have explained every last detail people would be in this thread and hundreds of others on the internet screaming "ohh my god, thats all it was" and "thats impossible, xxx doesn't really turn into homicidal smoke".

A few things I think:

The island was a locked door over a portal to hell, not a place for lost souls to gather.  Jacob stated in the Richard episode that the island was like a cork in a wine glass, keeping the evil in the bottle.  Also, when Desmond lifted the plug out of the pool, it drained and started glowing red and smoking as if something very hot was beneath it. 

The Man in Black was a demon. 

The flash sideways in season six are a collective purgatory, not bound to the island.  This is why only good people were there, the bad people are waiting the gate of hell (aka the island) and Jacob/Hurley are the gatekeepers.  It is stated in the last episode that it was Jacobs choice whether people left the island or not, I am inclined to believe that goes for souls such as Michael as well.

Lastly @ Godfather:  Ana Lucia and Libby were meant to have bigger parts in the show and were killed off because they both got DUI's IRL and were fired.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard