Owning Fools
+2|5379
I have some problems with Battle recorder on BF2 SF. When ever I try to watch one of my recorded battles, I crash to desktop. It will load the whole map then crash right before it should say "Join" in the bottom right corner. When it crashes to desktop, I don't even get an error message. I have uninstalled and re patched the game and I get the same problem.
Please help.
RogueArmr
+0|5093|Wales, UK
I'm haveing the same problem, which is becoming damn annoying.  HHHHEEEEELLLLPPPPPPPP!
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5796|Catherine Black
Nice bump
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
RogueArmr
+0|5093|Wales, UK

Finray wrote:

Nice bump
bump????
Ascraeus
+7|5864
You need to load the map first.

Load the online map you are atttempting to view as a BR file then escape to main menu, community tab and then load BR file.
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6522|AUS

Ascraeus wrote:

You need to load the map first.

Load the online map you are atttempting to view as a BR file then escape to main menu, community tab and then load BR file.
You've never needed to load the map prior to loading the BR file before.
Only in the last 3-4 days have the BR files been playing up. Prior to that you just DL'd the BR file, went to communities and played the BR.
I'm having a slightly different issue in that I can load the BR file OK, but when I 'join' and start playing the recording it lasts about 5-10 seconds before crashing to desktop.
Gamearena in AUS are currently having an issue where you cannot DL the BR files at all as it appears the link to the BR Demo's webserver is down. Seems like there may actually be a bug in the recording of the BR files themselves. Not sure what they changed in the last week to have caused this though.
5 days ago - could DL BR's and play them no worries.
4 days ago - could DL BR's but would CTD about 5 seconds into playback.
3 days ago - link to GameArena (AUS only) BR demo files went down.
.......waiting for response from GA support staff re this issue.

"Bump"   -   as in a 9 month, 12 day break between the OP and the second post. Definately a current issue though.

Last edited by (27th)Kaptyn (2010-05-30 01:37:58)

Ascraeus
+7|5864
When you say you've never needed to load the map prior to viewing BR file, are we still talking about SF maps only?
I am guessing this issue developed from the last patch, but I cannot be sure as I've only recently been using them a lot recently.
As far as non SF maps are concerned have no problems with them irrespective on how obtained.

There seems quite a few disperate issues here.

If you are having problems with CTD while viewing BR files, you can always try deleting the graphics cache or view via the sir communities battle director
http://sircommunity.com/software-battledirector.html

note: this will not help with viewing SF files the only 'fix' (I know of) is as described above.

No idea about Gamearena's problems, sorry, it's usually a server side issue, but can be enabled and disabled either side.
I'm sure now you have notified them it will be resolved shortly.

I think the OP's problem has been delt with, and I doubt very much DICE will be repairing the problem now.

Anyway good luck.

Regards.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard