FCity|BuBuBaer
+19|6670|127.0.0.1
Hello all,

i really dislike the way u change weapons in BF2. I remember from Enemy Territory, u could write some little scripts, called key binds, which allowed you to change faster between weapons.
For examaple: You're medic, so u got the medi kit an one of your main weapons. In Enemy Territory i got a small script which allowed me, to change between medi kit an weapon with one key. I pressed the - for example - Enter key, and my medi kit was chosen, te second time i pressed Enter i got my main weapon back.
I think this would be very usefull if ur in fight an healthing your teammates if a enemy appears u just have to push one button an got ur main weapon back.
Is this in BF2 possible too ? I think i would die that much time because of choosing my weapon if there is an enemy in front of me. It's alway a long time, scrolling to the "weapon of choice" then one click to select it and just the second click is a shoot ...
So, u think this is possible to do in BF2?

FCity|BuBuBaer
jord
+2,382|6701|The North, beyond the wall.
If you use the mouse scroll whell which i think your talking about i'd recomend you press the number keys instead.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6739
this is bf2s help, not bf2 help plz post in the right forum
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6650|Warlord

FCity|BuBuBaer wrote:

I think this would be very usefull if ur in fight an healthing your teammates if a enemy appears u just have to push one button an got ur main weapon back.
Uh yeah, hit 3.

If you use the arrow keys for movement bind Numpad 3 to main weapon also (in fact double up on 1 through 5 while you're at it, unless you need any of those keys for something else).
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6833|NÃ¥rvei

Buy a mouse with several buttons, problem solved :-)
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6672|Norway
Maybe you should get a mouse with a couple of extra keys?
TechGuy
Grammar Nazi
+62|6696
The "F" key cycles between weapons in infantry as well as airplanes. Maybe this could be useful.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6708|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
you know what I did bfore i got my 5 mouse i had my pistol asigned to the "F" key...i know the "f" key on tthe defualt is to switch toi the next weapon but...I went into options went to infantry controls then i changed my "F" (defualt) i changed it to the "Y" key and then i went to my pistol section or weapon number 2 and changed the key to "F" so in the game i press the f key and whoop my pistol comes out i know that run on sentance sucks and my spelling sucks cock but still peace out Eric
persnickadee
+0|6684
dude i reset the weapons and used the ten key for fastest switch this really help me since im used to the quake weapons style or unreal ect..
instant gun/paddles/bag/nade/pistol/knife
FCity|BuBuBaer
+19|6670|127.0.0.1
Thanks for the many tips ... seems like its not possible how i meant that, with one key toggling between two weapons
I got a MX518 mouse - so there are enought buttons, but all used for other things. I think i should make my keybinds new. One problem is i play with the arrow keys - yes u read right - arrow keys - sounds lame maybe, but i made good experience with this. The disadvantage is u dont have many keys right beside and around the arrow keys - if ur not playing on notebook
So thanks for the many tips, i'll find a new key bind concept, seems like this is the only soultion.

FCity|BuBuBaer
=|Q-BRT|=
+6|6866|[GER]_BERLIN
movement: wasd

default settings besides:

numblock "0" -> parashut
mouse: middle -> weapon 3
thumbbuttons: pistol, medikit
{CN}420
+30|6701
I use 1,2,3,4,5,6. Fastest way to change weapons.
Sheep of War
+40|6666
I have a Zboard Merc keyboard, makes the whole process hella easy.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6759|200m out and smiling at you.
like other people have said just use the number keys... you know... that line of numbers above the w, a, s, and d keys....
khmer
+86|6700|Central California
Doesn't playing with the arrow keys hurt your wrists? The one reason I switched to w,a,s,d keys was because my wrists started to ache from using the arrow keys.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6797|Golden, CO

{CN}420 wrote:

I use 1,2,3,4,5,6. Fastest way to change weapons.
^this.  I find it much easier than using the scroll wheel.
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6707|The Netherlands
Keyboard? Or put weapon change buttoms on your mouse. If you dont have a simple 2 click mouse

G5 is the way to go
joey_915
+4|6603
i got this keyboard called the logitech G15 and its got something like this(there are 15 keys to the side that you can program for anything in games and such). but I never bothered for it(its great for macros in world of warcraft though). I'd say map your pistol to one of the side buttons on your mouse and something else to another(or if you are medic map it so that your shock paddles are on one button and your medkit is on the other or if you are support make it so that one of the buttons is your resupply bags).
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6797|Noizyland

There should be a panic meter. I mean, in combat if you had your knife out and suddenly an enemy soldier rounded the corner brandishing an AK, you wouldn't casually go down, get your rifle, unfold the bi-pod and then finally, fire, you'd fucken whip that damn thing out, try and hit him with the barrel, and fire while the barrel was still pointed at your crotch!

Yep, a panic meter is needed. It'd be fun.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6650|Warlord
LOL, well panic also makes people clumsy oafs so what if we have it so that you're also highly inaccurate? Or there's a good chance you throw the pin and drop the grenade at your feet? (hey, it does happen!)
beerface702
+65|6716|las vegas
i had my mx1000 mapped to use medic. but i aint playin med as much. and got used to using the numbers anyway

personelly i map the 2 thumb buttons to swap weapon modes and it allows me to switch between rapid or single fire mode quickly. which is most importait imo
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6744|Sydney, Australia
For me, I bound the scroll button, not the wheel to be pistol.

Usefull as hell.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6672|Norway

Tushers wrote:

you know what I did bfore i got my 5 mouse i had my pistol asigned to the "F" key...i know the "f" key on tthe defualt is to switch toi the next weapon but...I went into options went to infantry controls then i changed my "F" (defualt) i changed it to the "Y" key and then i went to my pistol section or weapon number 2 and changed the key to "F" so in the game i press the f key and whoop my pistol comes out i know that run on sentance sucks and my spelling sucks cock but still peace out Eric
I`got the pistol on F too, middle mouse button set to weapon 3, mouse button 4 & 5 set to weapon 5 & 6. I think the numeric buttons arent fast enough, because you have to move your left hand from the w,a,s,d, wich make you stop for a little 0.2 seconds. Using your right tumb to equip the medi pack and shockpaddles is faster.
I also use my tumb to switch from cockpit and gunnerseat in the attackchopper, and to look back and forward in a jet.
{CN}420
+30|6701

Tyferra wrote:

There should be a panic meter. I mean, in combat if you had your knife out and suddenly an enemy soldier rounded the corner brandishing an AK, you wouldn't casually go down, get your rifle, unfold the bi-pod and then finally, fire, you'd fucken whip that damn thing out, try and hit him with the barrel, and fire while the barrel was still pointed at your crotch!

I think I'd charge them with the knife, hoping a) they would get theirs out or b) my running at an angle would cause him to miss and stab him while he reloads.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6672|Norway

{CN}420 wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

I think I'd charge them with the knife, hoping a) they would get theirs out or b) my running at an angle would cause him to miss and stab him while he reloads.
I think you should be able to punch with the wrench

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard