Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
A jet takes 50 seconds to respawn, bar on OCS. take into account that he has to get in, take off, etc. You've probably got a minute of free time. If I'm feeling particularly evil I'll get rid of the enemy jet, start keeping time, get rid of their chopper or bomb a tank, then rearm, blow up the jet, and repeat.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Rocks_AT
+0|6746
Lets see.. Kill jets with jets? Bomb after taking out jets, copters, and AA? Strike 1.
Value good helicopter coming from a jet whore? Strike 2.
Caring about whether you win or lose when you already have 100 points and are laughing as your main gets raped.. Strike 3!

Perhaps you exist, but I've never met anyone like you ever.
chuckle_hound
+32|6665|Edinburgh, Scotland
Nicely done.  Guess I should take that advice on killing choppers in one pass.

My favourite tactic is switching from bombs to missiles with just enough time for the missile to lock on the moment you're about a metre from the chopper.  He drops chaff, but the missiles are above the heli and can't be shaken off.  And sometimes he doesn't even have time to drop chaff
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6487
xstrangerdangerx, I always wonder what helo pilots were doing when they are moveing all over the place at the helo pad, you just answered a question for me, thanks.  Ever have a nasty pilot drop bombs as your doing this? kind of a waste but sometimes I've done it, like on gulf of oman.  I've actually dove straight down on a black hawlk and killed with two bombs in mid air, (ok I was really bored and nothing better to do).  to make a long story short xstrangerdangerx, I suppose it makes it a litte harder for the jet to kill you, but I think it would help you more against ground fire and especially a lurking enemy attack helo trying to light you up, good advice though

||3RB||MOBB
Bevo
Nah
+718|6518|Austin, Texas
I have been killed with J10 Bombs while midair. It's not pretty. Good Guide. Whenever I get engaged by a jet, I do an immelman(I think? I'm not sure on my manuevers). Basically I turn upside-down from a semi-barrel roll, then pull through, dip down, and head right towards the attacking jet on his second pass. They usually look too high, have to pull down, this is where you pull the manuever again (While upside down, pull the flares, they cover your entire chopper), pull through, and find repair asap while doing evasive manuevers. I've got a video of what I'm talking about somewhere....

Edit: Ok, I can't find what I'm looking for, but this is usually what I do on my way back to the helipad, along with some other random turns...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C01iE8zupPM

Last edited by MadKatter (2006-07-22 12:28:41)

PRiMACORD
+190|6622|Home of the Escalade Herds

stryyker wrote:

Allah will guide the plane into the helo!
lol, so true
K1ngSc0rp10n_
+0|6654
Nice.. +1 for you..
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6627|Tasmania

||3rb||MOBB wrote:

xstrangerdangerx, I always wonder what helo pilots were doing when they are moveing all over the place at the helo pad, you just answered a question for me, thanks.  Ever have a nasty pilot drop bombs as your doing this? kind of a waste but sometimes I've done it, like on gulf of oman.  I've actually dove straight down on a black hawlk and killed with two bombs in mid air, (ok I was really bored and nothing better to do).  to make a long story short xstrangerdangerx, I suppose it makes it a litte harder for the jet to kill you, but I think it would help you more against ground fire and especially a lurking enemy attack helo trying to light you up, good advice though

||3RB||MOBB
I know what you're saying but I never ever hover below ten feet when repairing, your bombs will do nothing.

And testament to the truth of my post is that I rarely ever get taken down by jets.
Hyper
Banned
+154|6748

ShotYourSix wrote:

Jesus dude, you make me leery to get back in the chopper seat.  Like some kinda great white shark only with wings.....heh.  Guess I never pictured jet pilots to be so calculating.
for me , flying is tiring for some of the reasons mentioned
its draining on the brain to be the guy that the team is counting on to clear the way.
that being said, the comments about * omg get out of the airplane and fight like a man* and *hiding behind metal * makes me laff, if it wasnt for ppl like me your KD would be ALOT worse
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6487
xstrangerdangerx,
No, I meant I actually hit the helo with the bombs, not drop them near you, but actually slam them into your helo, I usually only do it to black hawks but, if your in a hover.....

||3RB||MOBB
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6627|Tasmania

||3rb||MOBB wrote:

xstrangerdangerx,
No, I meant I actually hit the helo with the bombs, not drop them near you, but actually slam them into your helo, I usually only do it to black hawks but, if your in a hover.....

||3RB||MOBB
You'll never get me
Terminal123
+1|6489
If you hide between 2 buildings, i'm going to bomb you. And you cant hide because i never stop looking at you(i'm constantly changing views)
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6487
I know what you mean I look in my rear view and actually hit my chase view as I go by so I see everything going on but the minute he drops behind those buildings you lose sight of him, that what I've seen good helo pilots do and while they are masked will move between the buildings, It makes life dificult for us jets, but yes the bottom line is this, if a jet pilot is skilled and determined, It's like I said above your only hope is another jet on your team.  There is no such thing as a perfect defense but you can make your self a harder target which will undoubtedly save your behind. 

||3RB||MOBB
eagles1106
+269|6581|Marlton, New Jersey.

||3rb||MOBB wrote:

why do you think im attacking from your 4 to 5 oclock position or 8 to 7 oclock... you cant see me, neither can your gunner, or death from above, they are all blind spots for helos,

||3rb||mobb
not when you have a gunner that stays aware too, and the 7 and 8 o' clock positions are visible by the pilot, all i do is hold control and hold left or right.  Or to get a whole view, ill just rotate the chopper itself sometimes...
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

elmo1337 wrote:

This works for me:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Wi2-2U2uI

But its a nice guide
How would anything you do in that video help you evade a jet?  The best way to evade a jet in the attack chopper is to tightly circle toward him.  He may see you, but unless he is going very slow, he will not have enough time to shoot you.  Plus, you can see where he is flying, in case he comes back at you.

This guide is nice, but dropping and taking cover will get you killed by something else, maybe even a jet.
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6487
following is a guaranteed death, your most likely going to be down to a sliver of health, one little blip from that cannon and it's buh bye.

||3RB||MOBB
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6761

Am I the only one who tries to hit attacking planes with my rockets?

And yes, it does work.

If you're not exhausting your engine, lift up and fall back a few degrees, fire off all 8 rockets (a lot easier with 14) and as they pull up they'll run straight into 4-5 of them and kill themselves.

No one ever believes me
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6543
Nice guide! +1
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6562|UK
Nice +1
DrunkFlea
+6|6638
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You dont have the first clue about helis and what to do against jets.
Daz
+14|6516|Somalia
sucks I just finished with flying jets.

No more cockpit shooting for me.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6379|the land of bourbon
this guide should help mitigate those pesky flies on dalian
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard