JimKong
+31|6688|Ohio
Just unlocked it with my new account. I'd say it was a waste of an unlock but I would have wasted one anyway getting the jackhammer so next rank I'd get the MP-7.

I wanted the DAO, so there was no way I could get the MP-7 this time around. MG36 and SCAR-L are crap. Don't care about the F2000 or G36E. I figure I might as well have spent it on something I haven't tried yet.

Last edited by JimKong (2006-04-25 15:22:26)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6798|Toronto, ON
MP7 for Engineers is the best sub-machine.

All pro Engineers should know that.
Alpha as fuck.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6721|Canberra, AUS
I like the p90. while it may be piss-weak (19, for goodness' sake!), it's pretty accurate and the rate of fire makes up for its weakness.

However, I think that the G36E is the best gun in the game, btw.

Last edited by Spark (2006-04-25 16:40:56)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
senor_fulff
+25|6806|Yorkshire, UK.
MG36 rules!!!

Nearly as powerful as PKM and fires much faster with more accuracy for repeated shots.

PS... Try going point-blank against a PKM-user on full auto and see how many times u lose.

I agree with spark about P90 though, very useful weapon and point-blank is likea minigun.

G36E is awesome although no full-auto can be a drawback...

Last edited by senor_fulff (2006-04-25 17:52:14)

Cyberwolf
Banned
+14|6738

Spark wrote:

I like the p90. while it may be piss-weak (19, for goodness' sake!), it's pretty accurate and the rate of fire makes up for its weakness.

However, I think that the G36E is the best gun in the game, btw.
I think the G36E is a pretty weak weapon to use. I don't want my gun to aim for me. I'm all for the MP5 or P90, requires a lot more skill for one!
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6631|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
gotta make a correction-P90 is best ANTI-TANK submachine gun, not best submachine gun...

That award goes to mp7 hands down, 40 round clip(almost as good as P90), much more accurate, and higher rate of fire
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6631|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U

Nyte wrote:

MP7 for Engineers is the best sub-machine.

All pro Engineers should know that.
LOL-Now you're a PRO engineer...It just keeps getting better
Rizen_Ji
+41|6782|200m out and smiling at you.
according to the wiki the MP-7 and P90 have the exact same specifications other than clip size, reload and draw times.
BVC
+325|6742
I used either the DAO-12 or the P90 depending on expected circumstances; ie. whether I think I'm likely to be involved in ranged or close quarters combat.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6790|Malaga, EspaƱa
I like the P90, finnaly a base gun i can use when on Medium range targets
on kark with close range just give me a Dao12
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6763|Riva, MD
I still haven't gotten to try the P90 since 1.22 but I look forward to it.  The MP7 will give me some much needed range as an engineer so i'll use it when I get it.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6736|Tampa Bay Florida
I agree- I liked it even before 1.2/.22 (can't remember) came out.  But it was definately powered up by the switch from 600 to 900.  I was never really disappointed.
{CN}420
+30|6724

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

Good effort. Peronsally i love the P90. The DAO-12, in my opinion, is the worst unlock in the game, and it was a relief to see that the Anti-Tank was finally getting a good weapon. I used to fire rockets at enemy soldiers instead of using the base gun or the DAO.
P90 = Awesome, and very nice work with all the analysis/info.
Really? I didn't like the DAO-12 at first, but now it's my favorite gun. It's perfect for the anti tank, hiding from tanks and going around corners. You can own anyone in close combat.
Metamort
+19|6731
I would be more obliged to use the MP7 and P90 if they did 5 more damage, so it would be 24. 5 shots for unarmored targets, 7 for armored, as apposed to the 6 shots unarmored and 8 armored right now. I'm really tired of pumping 30 bullets into someone and seven hitting at point blank (SEVEN BULLETS!!!) and then they just finish me off in 3 - 4 (if I'm Engineer... 4-5 if I'm AT.) I prefer the DAO because those 12 shots can actually be effective in close range - 2-4 shots in quick succession seems to win more often than 20-40 full auto rounds. I love the MP7 and P90, they are really cool guns, but they are just too underpowered for most situations. Thats why I saved them for my last unlocks.
JimKong
+31|6688|Ohio
P-90 just scored a few points with me on Kark. I think this is a gun I am going to like.
Dodoextinct
+16|6696

dracul wrote:

MP5 is suprisingly accurate contrary to belief.
Everyone who hates the mp5 are probably recalling the gun prior to the patch.

In regards to that, it WAS the shittiest gun in the game. The only thing it had going for it was magazine capactiy and rate of fire. It did shitty damage and was so inaccurate that trying to use it outside of cqb was suicidal.

after the patch, it is actually pretty grim in cqb, and somewhat effective at medium.
I am an MP5 Whore, or for MEC, PP-19.
DAO still for close range, and never the QZX-96 or whatever it is called, I would prefer the P-90 over it any day.

But yeah. The MP5 I never used to use, because I always died with it, but I like its VERY fast fire rate.

+1 For you.
Stephen_Sung_811007
+4|6746|Taiwan
in my opinion  the DAO12 looks like plastic tubes put together lol.
Dodoextinct
+16|6696
Plastic tubes lol +1... You and your drugs
xbrandomx
+9|6696

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

Good effort. Peronsally i love the P90. The DAO-12, in my opinion, is the worst unlock in the game, and it was a relief to see that the Anti-Tank was finally getting a good weapon. I used to fire rockets at enemy soldiers instead of using the base gun or the DAO.
P90 = Awesome, and very nice work with all the analysis/info.
I do like the P90- don't get me wrong... but maybe you aren't using the DAO correctly.  I've gone several games taking out loads of guys with the DAO at close and medium range.  I've taken out squads of guys with my pistol,DAO, and knife at close range (3 with the DAO, 1 with the pistol, and caught the other around the corner with the knife)

This thing is a serious weapon if you aim at the head and fire a few quick shots, little maneuvering, and another couple of shots.  If you aren't a big fan of close range combat then yes, your P90 would do the job just fine.

I started to use the DAO again (I used to be a big fan of the jump and a couple of rounds to the head)... but once I did I brought my kd ratio with the AT class from 1.01 to a 1.10 in a few days.  Not saying much..... but maybe you'll reconsider and give the DAO another shot.  (haha, you like that?  another shot?... damn I'm good)

Last edited by xbrandomx (2006-04-30 02:23:27)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6835|Singapore

But the P-90 really stinks

Even the stock Mp5 and Pp19 are better IMHO..
Sheep of War
+40|6689
I never go by the actual numbers for the guns, its all feel. The P90 (much like my playing) seems to feel either hit or miss to me. Somtimes its great, sometimes I can't kill anyone with it.  Didn't the rate of fire increase in one of the newer patches?

Anyways the DOA, to me, sucks. I get shot up with it pretty good most of the time, but I suck with it. I've had much better success with the jackhammer.

Heres some food for thought on clip size. When you switch clips on a regular gun, you still have the bullets, correct? You should be able to switch clips back and forth until they are all empty. Somtimes I really don't reload because I have to, its just a habit. I know they did it for support points, but to me, support is the easist class to get points in. That and support players seem to be running thinner now with the reinvention of the PKM.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6768|Sydney, Australia

Tyferra wrote:

It has a slower firing rate - a full 33% slower than the other SMGs, but being more effective in ranged combat will more than make up for this flaw - you will have more time to fire of fewer rounds... if you know what I mean. Come to think of it, the gun is actually slower in everything. draw time, re-loading time and firing time, but by so little, (except perhaps re-loading,) that the difference won't be noticed.
Maybe it's been posted, but I ain't gonna read page 2 and 3:

http://wiki.bf2s.com/other/patchhistory wrote:

Increased rpm from 600 to 900 on the P90
And again on www.battlefield2.ea.com:

BF2, EA Official Site wrote:

Increased rpm from 600 to 900 on the P90

Last edited by mcminty (2006-04-30 04:40:32)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6821|Noizyland

Correctamundo my good friend, but I wrote that pre-patch.
I'd like to think it was me who spearheaded that change, but it probably wasn't.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard