jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Responsible marijuana?
Oxymoron.
A guy grows his own crop for personal use and smokes a joint at night after he has worked, he then watches some TV and then goes to bed.

Please, what is irresponsible about that?
Benzin
+576|6000
+1 jord

Aside to growing: You think a single lamp for growing a plant or two in one of those grow boxes would show as a huge spike? Certainly would depend on the size of the lamp, but nonetheless...

The Czech Republic also has a plant rule: I think one is allowed to have up to 3 plants per household. Not a bad rule, if you ask me.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

CapnNismo wrote:

Aside to growing: You think a single lamp for growing a plant or two in one of those grow boxes would show as a huge spike? Certainly would depend on the size of the lamp, but nonetheless...
I used to blow though 5kW+ and no one cared the slightest bit. A 150W lamp is nothing in comparison.

- No judge is going to issue a search warrant based on a slightly higher electric bill. They're going to need some better proof.

- As for the price of running such a lamp: 0.150kW x 0.10€/kWh x 24h = €0.36 for a day. Obviously electric prices may be different where you live and the lamp may consume more power. Just plug your numbers in.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

max wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

I used to blow though 5kW+ and no one cared the slightest bit. A 150W lamp is nothing in comparison.

- No judge is going to issue a search warrant based on a slightly higher electric bill. They're going to need some better proof.

- As for the price of running such a lamp: 0.150kW x 0.10€/kWh x 24h = €0.36 for a day. Obviously electric prices may be different where you live and the lamp may consume more power. Just plug your numbers in.
I think you got your folding farms to cover all electricity tracks
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
police and law enforcement use thermal imaging equipment - at street level and via air/helicopters - to 'find' suburban weed growing plants.

they're very effective, and can even isolate individual rooms/flats.

as for 'warrants'... police don't need a warrant to fly over your neighbourhood in their helicopter.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio

jord wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Responsible marijuana?
Oxymoron.
A guy grows his own crop for personal use and smokes a joint at night after he has worked, he then watches some TV and then goes to bed.

cuz that is not what happens....typically.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Harmor wrote:

Marijuana is more of a carcinogenic than tobacco.  Funny how Liberals conveniently forget that.
No it isn't - or at least hasn't been demonstrated to be so.

The only dedicated large scale study ever done into this showed no connection between cannabis use and cancer. It actually found a slight negative correlation in some areas, though not significant enough to be relevant.

It is far worse for your lungs in other ways, but has not been linked with cancer or emphysema. Something like 5x the risk of chronic brochitis and other lung problems though. It's certainly bad for you, but it's not more carcingenic than tobacco.

11 Bravo wrote:

jord wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Oxymoron.

cuz that is not what happens....typically.
It's what I do - although usually I get it off someone I know who is growing it.

There are lots of very harmless hippy sources to get weed from. There can be an unpleasant organised crime element associated with some weed dealing, but that's easy to avoid if you choose to do so.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2010-05-17 11:54:19)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

jord wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Responsible marijuana?
Oxymoron.

I've known and still know a lot of people like this. Or occasional weekend smokers.
I only knew major pot heads when I was one myself.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Dilbert_X wrote:

Legalizing and regulating pot will free up a lot of law enforcement resources to focus on more serious issues.
Yawn.
They'll still have plenty of drug crime to deal with, as they do already.
They'll still be searching imports and immigrants for coke, crack, heroin etc so it won't make a blind bit of difference.
That's like saying that getting rid of Prohibition didn't weaken the mob.  It did.  It also decreased crime, and it allowed police to focus on other more serious crimes while eliminating an illegal market with high demand.

Finally, because of taxes, it brought a whole new chunk of revenue to the government as well.
prototype
+52|6313
"coming from someone who has a low-key grow operation and isn't involved in any violent activities of any kind?"

this answer for me
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Banning weed in the first place was all political and economic anyway - you guys ever heard of "reefer madness"?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

jord wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Responsible marijuana?
Oxymoron.

Working with potheads is a headache. He isn't doing any favors for the company.

If They do it so rarely that I can't tell, then it's none of my business. If they're spaced out, in 'two places at once' or just slightly out there and obviously potheaded (the eyes...THE EYES), I don't want them anywhere near heavy machinery on my sites. If I was in an office setting, I wouldn't want them using my computers or distributing mail. If I was a fast-food manager, I wouldn't want them 'forgetting' to wash their hands and making my customers a burger.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-05-18 13:55:35)

Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
He's talking about having a spliff at the end of the day, after work, before bed. He's not talking about someone who wakes up and pumps in 5 cones before breakfast. Big difference.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Jaekus wrote:

He's talking about having a spliff at the end of the day, after work, before bed. He's not talking about someone who wakes up and pumps in 5 cones before breakfast. Big difference.
Light smokers rarely stay that way. I'd rather not deal with them on site at all.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6487|England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Light smokers rarely stay that way. I'd rather not deal with them on site at all.
how the fuck do you know they rarely stay that way, have you gone round and asked every fucker? nah thought not.
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5164
You potheads sure are defensive.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

LOL I'm sure you're an expert on people's smoking habits.
BVC
+325|6697
When I used to buy weed, the preference was for non-gang related sources.  They tend to have better-quality weed, and more of it for a better price.
Wreckognize
+294|6486

Harmor wrote:

Marijuana is more of a carcinogenic than tobacco.  Funny how Liberals conveniently forget that.
ITT conservatives talk about shit they don't know about
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Wreckognize wrote:

Harmor wrote:

ITT conservatives talk about shit they don't know about
I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting lung cancer and dying from smoking too much pot. Oh and doobies don't have tar in them either???

I'm so confused as to why marijuana has such a negative social stigma attached to it (even 'neutral' would be ok) when there are much worse things out there like alcohol and cigarettes that do evident damage to not only the users but people around them as well.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6550|San Diego, CA, USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Legalizing and regulating pot will free up a lot of law enforcement resources to focus on more serious issues.
Yawn.
They'll still have plenty of drug crime to deal with, as they do already.
They'll still be searching imports and immigrants for coke, crack, heroin etc so it won't make a blind bit of difference.
I heard that immigrants who can't afford the $2,500 fee to cross the border can instead carry drugs into the country.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard