SteamCore
+0|6778
re: new kits
No way, no how. 

Guys the point of making improvements is never to cater to the lowest denominator.  What I'm talking about is it's easy to forget that some people are BAD at games.  If you restrict the game so that the people who are bad find it difficult to do stuff, EVERYONE is invariably going to be hindered in some way.  THe only thing to do is respect there are people who suck, have <1 K, camp planes, and all that stuff, but that in order for the good people to have fun, the game has to stay wide open

-SC

Last edited by SteamCore (2005-10-11 18:05:53)

nayo450
+-1|6795

Dizazter wrote:

nayo450 wrote:

how about a forward observer kit or subkit that would have binoculars, and call in artiary, so you could have some one other than sqad leaders to call in artillry suport, just not from a map, auto-radio in the cordanece.
Not to poop on your idea, but I think thats basically the point of squad leaders, to ask the commander for Arty strikes, Supplies, UAV etc.
sarcasum d00d i meant to point out how un nessacary most new kits are.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6776|Hamburg, Germany
BF3=MMORPG? Who knows...
I bet not but it will surly move into that direction. (or "borrow" some features)
But new players should not be at a (too big) disadvantage.
How would you make sure everybody can play the game without beeing owned
by people with more time or fps experience?

I guess we will see a lot more customisation on the visual side.
Anyone wants to wear his medals,.. in GAME?
FrEaK
+1|6784|Finland
I think there should be more differences between different sides (MEC,PLA,USA), in kits.
For Example: PLA should have in place of knife a short sword or what it's called and maybe some other things to make the side more unique compared to other sides. The Mec forces should have a knife in assault and medic kits in head of their guns, to kill more faster with knife, and to make some more look to this game. Don't know if idea is silly, but that's what were doing here, throwing ideas....

Last edited by FrEaK (2005-10-21 00:55:57)

wiking18
+0|6766|Norway
There is only one thing BF2 needs, and this is a kit with a shoulder fired AA, I'm getting sick and bloody tired with the 150+ point pilots who die maybe 2 times on a map because they've spent months whoring a plane!

The existing AA must be upgraded, and a shoulder fired AA must be implemented. As it is, a good pilot in an air plane has to much of an advantage.
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6766|Sumter, South Carolina
Hey, all you F16 crewchiefs out there (like me)

WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOUR JET CAME BACK WITH 'SHOULDER FIRED ROCKET DAMAGE'

People.. we're not talking about jet liners here... We're talking about multi million dollar fighter aircraft that are capable of evading most known shoulder fired rocket systems.

While I do agree the AA might need a bit of a buff... I dont see how we can make it where, some guy in an AA emplacement clicks his hot little mouse and a guy in a multi million dollar aircraft is downed. just doesnt make any sense...

Last edited by SrA_Shady (2005-10-21 01:20:44)

HG_TheTank
+2|6767
Hmm I have played FH where you get special classes by picking up kits and can tell you, the people will still camp the spawn!

In FH only pilots allways had parachutes. Then it depended on map and class.
It was fun watching noobs bail thinking they had a chute... if you listend real hard you could hear them hammering the '9'-key.

Thing is the FH maps wer better designed and only had stuff that made sense.
Not just.. hey cool let's throw is some planes...

It would be really cool if the commander could determine who gets to take what class.

Unlocking kits? Cool!
Start everyone off with maybe one or two classes.
Light and heavy infantry. By unlocking medals/ribbons the gain access to other classes.
This might keep the noobs from taking a sniper and sitting around in the middle of nowhere trying to snipe.

Also maybe unlock gear as well. Kinda like the weapons where f.i. the at kit could also choose a stinger.
Pilot's carreer: infantry (basic training) -> transport heli -> a) combat heli b) bomber -> fighter aircraft

@The Soup Nazi:
Some kids buy BF2 because they want an arcade game and will argue that it is such.
You and I got it because we hoped it was more tactical and will argue for it.
Unfortunetly I fear EA targeted the kids more then the tacticians as they are a larger and easyer to please, not to mention feisty, group.

@SteamCore:
the current kits DO cater to the lowest denominator.

@SrA_Shady:
Uhm this is still a game! IRL you don't respawn either, do you?
IRL you are not over enemy territory in 10 secs and IRL you don't become a pilot by buying a game and some computer hardware & software.
Not to mention when the last time your little airforce faced someone who could actually defend themselves.
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6766|Sumter, South Carolina
@SrA_Shady:
Uhm this is still a game! IRL you don't respawn either, do you?
IRL you are not over enemy territory in 10 secs and IRL you don't become a pilot by buying a game and some computer hardware & software.
Not to mention when the last time your little airforce faced someone who could actually defend themselves.
LITTLE AIR FORCE! OMG! Let any air power in this freakin planet stand up and call the USAF little!
dont get me to flaming.. please...
HG_TheTank
+2|6767
WTF?... what are you 12?
The additudes of some people... really make me wonder.
Funny that you don't care to pick on people your own size... there are enough out there.
Really tough clusterbombing children!
Not everyone is as powerhungry as you are.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6843|Missoula, MT
Anyone still think "Battlefield 2 Needs This Kit"? 
Major Payne
+18|6782|Netherlands
but then you must do the same thing whit a tank or something

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard