aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5758|Roma
i'm just saying, there are people who still haven't watched the show.
there is this owner of an airsoft shop where i go to to buy stuff and i heard him say this:
"you guys should watch The Pacific. Its coming out in Italy in May, and its by the same producers of Black Hawk Down and there are gonna be 7 episodes in total"...I facepalmed.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
phishsux
­
+131|5137

-Sh1fty- wrote:

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice each line it says "Episode x" and that gee, maybe that could have a spoiler, not to mention I wrote it above.

Quit whining

"FOCKING HELL"
you can still edit your post, brad
Arc
silly one-liner
+24|6464|Ontario
My favourite part of the series:

I'm enjoying it, its not great though.
Arc
silly one-liner
+24|6464|Ontario
Episode 10 was pretty good. It's cool seeing what happened to the characters after the series during the credits, but I still didn't even know who half of them were by then anyways. Also, not knowing who the veterans during the intro to each episode were kinda ticked me off, but being shown who they were at the very end was redeeming.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6697
The great leaps in time, and the development of several, non-related, characters made for some sort of hard to believe acting. I could see Leckie, Sledge, or Basilone having a mini series dedicated to just their own tale.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6771|UK
Only watched the first 5 eps so far, compared with generation kill and BoB this is sub par. I just don't give a shit about any of the characters.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6224|Phoenix, AZ

Superior Mind wrote:

The great leaps in time, and the development of several, non-related, characters made for some sort of hard to believe acting. I could see Leckie, Sledge, or Basilone having a mini series dedicated to just their own tale.
Yeah I agree with this.

I liked how Band of Brothers was very linear, and even though one episode covered a lot of time it all wrapped together nicely.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6719|Purplicious Wisconsin

Arc wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P47yvI7SWM

This music sounds awesome.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6004|Vortex Ring State

Vilham wrote:

Only watched the first 5 eps so far, compared with generation kill and BoB this is sub par. I just don't give a shit about any of the characters.
Generation Kill was hilarious at times.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5478|Ventura, California

Trotskygrad wrote:

Vilham wrote:

GK was probably the most realistic. They got so many details down and the actors even spent 6 days in boot camp. It was also the funniest thanks to Ray Person mainly.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6697

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Vilham wrote:

GK was probably the most realistic. They got so many details down and the actors even spent 6 days in boot camp. It was also the funniest thanks to Ray Person mainly.
The Marines were carrying the M4s the Army currently uses, during the invasion. Back then they would have been using M16A2s. That stood out to me.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Superior Mind wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

The Marines were carrying the M4s the Army currently uses, during the invasion. Back then they would have been using M16A2s. That stood out to me.
Recon Marines had M16A2s still?

So aside from the fact they have M4s instead of A2s they certainly got a lot feeling quite right. Having not been in the military I'm only basing it on the little knowledge I have. But the way they spoke (orders and just regular terms) was great IMO.

As I said, I don't know much, but it seemed much more realistic then "The Hurt Locker" for one example. I won't even get started on Stop Loss.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6744|Toronto | Canada

Episodes 9 and 10 were the best by far.  Episode 9 had some great war/battle scenes, while episode 10 was incredibly emotional.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6748|Reality

Arc wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P47yvI7SWM

Hans Zimmer produces some fantastic movie sound tracks
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Recon Marines had M16A2s still?

So aside from the fact they have M4s instead of A2s they certainly got a lot feeling quite right. Having not been in the military I'm only basing it on the little knowledge I have. But the way they spoke (orders and just regular terms) was great IMO.

As I said, I don't know much, but it seemed much more realistic then "The Hurt Locker" for one example. I won't even get started on Stop Loss.
I'm sure Force Recon Marines get M4s being an elite unit specializing in close quarters... But Nate Fick did carry an M16.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Yeah that's what I thought too Cybargs. I mean, M4 variants (XM-177E2s) have been around since Vietnam so I don't see why Recon Marines wouldn't be able to carry M4s in tight HMMWVs in 2003 when M4 were already in use with other spec op units.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard