[BS]_Bone_
+17|6579|USA
http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/forums/ … .php?t=251

read rule 1.8, they ARE NOT ALLOWED... now i remember i made a post and someone said, 'they aren't breaking any rules' it is right there in there face that it is said that they are NOT ALLOWED... thx for reading lol

EDIT: i spelled 'allowed' wrong lol

Last edited by [BS]_Bone_ (2006-04-28 07:33:27)

MrE`158
+103|6615
"allowed"

They're not "allowed".

If you turn your speakers off and unplug your headphones, then they're not aloud...

I thought it was pretty well known that those servers were considered stat-padding and against the rules, how is this news-worthy?
cat4ever
+69|6745|CATALONIA
you're right!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK
Um yeah Note thats only for RANKED servers, none ranked servers are allowed any rules they like.
[BS]_Bone_
+17|6579|USA
sry my spelling is off, i am very tired atm, it is 7:30 i am never up this early lol
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6762|Canada, Ont
+1 for being right...

On Pistol/Knife Ranked only you can get Expert easily and get any Expert Combat Badge.
On Unmoderated Servers you can get Explosives Expert with Claymours...

They should be all taken down for not following the rules, and anyone who plays on them regularly should have stats cleared.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6757|Dallas
The rest of the world knew this 6 months ago.  WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?
lol
Banned
+1|6566
lol
Koffie
+6|6718|Amsterdam
I still see many ranked servers named knife & pistol only in my browser
TAW_Zeus
King of the Gods
+5|6768|Mount Olympus
I have played on those servers before and not realized it, needless to say that I was kicked for useing a PKM.
pwned7
+53|6571
ranked servers + knife and pistol only = stat padding heaven (noobs that cant ge awards based on their skill)

Last edited by pwned7 (2006-04-28 08:17:59)

MaddOps
Who the hell elected you leader of this outfit?
+55|6589
So in the technical sense the Knife and Pistol servers ARE legal.

The Server name is like a request.  Like "We hope you'll use just knives and pistols here."
Now if you decide to chuck C4, drop claymores, snipe, run people down in Mobile AA the server admins CAN'T kick, punish, boot or ban your ass.  Because ENFORCING the use of pistols and knives and persecuting people who won't stick to it is in VIOLATION of EA's rules. 

Now I openly agree that this is in a way, stat padding.

But pistol only servers are a lot of fun.  I was on a 16 player last night and it was mostly the clan who had the server rented and some other outsiders and it was awesome.  I didn't even make my basic pistol (as I came in with 16 tickets left for my team) but it was fun.  Nobody being stupid, just a running handgun battle through a 16 player map of Karkand.  I thought it was fun and if I can find it again I'll play it.  If anyone can look at my stats and even entertain the idea that I'm padding, my ratios would be much better.  I'm not that good.  I'll admit it.  But I won't play unranked servers or even single player because (while good practice) it takes away game time with my friends and I get maybe 2 or 3 hours a few times a week.  So I'll make the most of the few meager points I get.  I'm getting off the subject here.

It was a lot of fun to do pistols only and watching a large pack of guys go at it and watching a few crazy medics try to revive 6 teammates at a time without getting sent to Allah.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6643|The Netherlands

Vilham wrote:

Um yeah Note thats only for RANKED servers, none ranked servers are allowed any rules they like.
ahhh stfu. who would play on knife and pistol servers unranked. that kind of servers are used to get the badges.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6638
its not a crime to use them shut up
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
The servers aren't really harming anyone ....are they?

Last edited by jord (2006-04-28 08:49:32)

rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6588|England
It's a pretty hazy area, but imo it's okay to join them, as long as the rules aren't enforced. If you join a server like that there's nothing stopping you drawing a machine gun and mowing down everyone using pistols. If the admin kicks you for doing that, then the server is in violation of the RoE, so it should be shut down.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK

ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE wrote:

Vilham wrote:

ahhh stfu. who would play on knife and pistol servers unranked. that kind of servers are used to get the badges.
Lots of people do, they are fun u moron. Guess your not in any kinda of league or ladder. Coz then you would know that there are knife and pistol Tournaments.
l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6829|Dundas, ONT, Canada

rh27 wrote:

It's a pretty hazy area, but imo it's okay to join them, as long as the rules aren't enforced. If you join a server like that there's nothing stopping you drawing a machine gun and mowing down everyone using pistols. If the admin kicks you for doing that, then the server is in violation of the RoE, so it should be shut down.
True, but why be an ass to every one else. There have been a time when we played on Knife and Pistols server and we had some smack tard comming in and ruining a game for every one in the server. When asked to follow server rule he would just rude every one and continue using his kit main weapon. He was stat pading, in a sence.
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6759|Arizona
Iam not for or against the postol/knife only servers.  I just have one question.  If they are not allowed, and everyone is against them...then why don't ppl bitch and complain about 16 player servers with only 64 player maps being ran?  Obviously, that means high points, longermap.  Oh no...someone will get a rank quicker.  Why isn't anyone getting mad about that?  What's the difference beteween getting higher rank...and getting some expert badges?  It's just a game, why not let ppl play how they like?  I'm sure someone gonna reply to this and say..."They can't play those knife servers cuz it's just against EA's rules."  Wow...now ppl are on EA's side.  If that's anyones only defense to this, go find more of a reason to bitch.    Thank you. 
bowdenball
+11|6638|Greenville, SC

0ktane wrote:

Iam not for or against the postol/knife only servers.  I just have one question.  If they are not allowed, and everyone is against them...then why don't ppl bitch and complain about 16 player servers with only 64 player maps being ran?  Obviously, that means high points, longermap.  Oh no...someone will get a rank quicker.  Why isn't anyone getting mad about that?  What's the difference beteween getting higher rank...and getting some expert badges?  It's just a game, why not let ppl play how they like?  I'm sure someone gonna reply to this and say..."They can't play those knife servers cuz it's just against EA's rules."  Wow...now ppl are on EA's side.  If that's anyones only defense to this, go find more of a reason to bitch.    Thank you. 
amen brother.... excellent point... +1 for you
deject
Got His War On
+37|6766|Golden, CO

jord wrote:

The servers aren't really harming anyone ....are they?
It changes what the different awards mean.  People who get their pistol and knife badges on servers that don't let you use assault rifles, shotguns, hand grenades, vehicles, claymores, or AT rockets, then they just by nature will have a higher number of pistol & knife kills.  When you're keeping track of statistics like ranked servers, the stats have to have the same meaning or they're worthless.  The people who have gotten their Expert Knife Combat badges against people shooting at them with shotguns and assault rifles have way more skill in my opinion than someone who got it against people who are also just running around with knives.  Against good players with guns, you have to be really goddamn good to get close enough to stab them without getting shot in the face with an AK.  If EA allowed Knife & Pistol servers to be ranked would demean the acheivements of those who got the awards playing the game the way it was designed.  People would like them around because it makes getting awards easier.  I say if they're easier to get the why should you be so proud to get them?  I'd rather not have an Expert badge of anykind rather than get them through means that aren't (for lack of a better phrase) in the spirit of the game.
Dr0pped
+8|6746|Ontario, Canada

0ktane wrote:

Good point (and +1 for you). That is every bit as much stat padding as knife/pistol only servers, just more subtle. By extending the play time in that manner, people have a much greater opportunity to meet any "IAR" requirements for any badge/rank requirements.

Last edited by Dr0pped (2006-04-29 14:18:29)

~Solar~Fire~
+45|6640|Austin, TX

0ktane wrote:

No thats different. 'High points' servers are just regular games with a few people. There are no unnatural restrictions such as knives or pistols only. Yes you get higher IAR scores, but it takes you much much longer to finish that round. You can get a 100-point round in one hour in 'high points' server, or you can get four 25-point rounds in a regular server. Either way, you still earn 100 points in 1 hour, its just that they are divided up differently.
PheloniusRM
+8|6690|Mission Viejo, CA
Anyone who claims to have gotten an expert pistol or expert knife on a regular server is totally, absolutely, utterly full of shit. So get off the high horse. I await all the replies of people who "really did get it on a real server"........

"No thats different. 'High points' servers are just regular games with a few people. There are no unnatural restrictions such as knives or pistols only. Yes you get higher IAR scores, but it takes you much much longer to finish that round. You can get a 100-point round in one hour in 'high points' server, or you can get four 25-point rounds in a regular server. Either way, you still earn 100 points in 1 hour, its just that they are divided up differently"

Yes that is also altering the mechanics of the game. Why do you think they added IAR requirements to badges? Because the numbers they chose correspond to a level of difficulty based on time. If you can have increased time to achieve the IAR requirement then you are also having an advantage in gaining awards, the same as a pistol/knife server.

Last edited by PheloniusRM (2006-04-29 14:31:37)

MaddoxM
+4|6605
Its not that hard to get it in a real server, maybe you just suck?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard