shitfaced
+2,791|6589|Seattle

King County

Looks like someone's in trouble...
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
typical
it would have been a whole different story if had actually been breaking the law
Tu Stultus Es
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6381
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6687|NJ
If we allowed all the Illegals in the country right now to become Legal, do you think they would?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6396|North Carolina

cpt.fass1 wrote:

If we allowed all the Illegals in the country right now to become Legal, do you think they would?
Some would, some wouldn't...  There are a lot of factors involved.
HollisHurlbut
+51|5989
Why do you assume albinos will be excused from the law?
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California
i want a mexican to drive a lamborghini with a im mexican on his/her back windshield and drive around arizona
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6687|NJ

Turquoise wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Right the factors, that they would be US citizens. Then they probably would work, take a look at they're paychecks say "fuck this" and go back?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Right the factors, that they would be US citizens. Then they probably would work, take a look at they're paychecks say "fuck this" and go back?
They'll look at how much they have to pay in taxes and denounce their American citizenship lol.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Turquoise
O Canada

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

It depends.  I think a lot of it has to do with what they value.  Some would love the opportunity to vote.  Some really do want to be part of our system.  Those are the illegals I can sympathize more with.

Others just came here for the work, and that's the full extent of their interest.  For them, citizenship might be a handicap, since new illegals would have the ability to undercut them in wages without having to deal with things like payroll tax.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_15070630
Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but apparently Los Angeles is boycotting Arizona's new law. How does that work exactly?
Canceling business contracts... Is destroying commerce really the right thing to do in times like these?
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6533|Texas - Bigger than France
Everyone knows that California actually can legally annex Arizona anyway
west-phoenix-az
+632|6381
Just one more reason I stay out of California.

Maybe next we can do something about all the people who come here from California and complain or go on about how great California is

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/not_cal.jpg
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6552
Arizona will suffer for this. It already is. Commerce will suffer and then they'll repeal the law. The truth is, I bet, that the majority of Americans are on the immigrants side. Arizona will end up looking like they did when they were finally forced to recognize a MLK holiday.
edit: Actually looks like the majority do approve of the bill. But still the ones that don't will over power those that do.

Last edited by rawls2 (2010-05-13 10:55:55)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

rawls2 wrote:

Arizona will suffer for this. It already is. Commerce will suffer and then they'll repeal the law. The truth is, I bet, that the majority of Americans are on the immigrants side. Arizona will end up looking like they did when they were finally forced to recognize a MLK holiday.
edit: Actually looks like the majority do approve of the bill. But still the ones that don't will over power those that do.
Yeah, the majority are behind it because they don't watch MSNBC and it's raving lunatics. I'm really failing to understand the hysteria that has built up around this bill. All it's doing is enforcing Federal laws that are already on the books and granting more people the power to enforce them instead of being entirely dependent on ICE. The laws already existed so wtf is all the hubbub about?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada

rawls2 wrote:

Sadly, it is true that it would seem that the illegals and their enablers will overpower the rule of law.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

JohnG@lt wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Yeah, the majority are behind it because they don't watch MSNBC and it's raving lunatics. I'm really failing to understand the hysteria that has built up around this bill. All it's doing is enforcing Federal laws that are already on the books and granting more people the power to enforce them instead of being entirely dependent on ICE. The laws already existed so wtf is all the hubbub about?
White people are racist.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6402|'Murka

Cybargs wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

White people are racist.
Apparently, so are black people, latinos, native americans, asians...
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6697

lowing wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

It's true that I want less government, but one thing I expect from the government is border protection.
I agree, but man, there are millions of American citizens and legal immigrants that fit the profiling used to enforce this bill. I do not see any way around that. and the visons of a police state checking papers of people on the streets is not an attractive one.
Read the bill.  It's only 16 pages.  It specifically prohibits racial profiling, and it is already federal law that they can check your papers.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6767|Moscow, Russia

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Read the bill. It specifically prohibits racial profiling.
orly? lol, fine. how they are supposed to identify a likely illegal then? by scent? or by absence of nail polish?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
west-phoenix-az
+632|6381

Shahter wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

orly? lol, fine. how they are supposed to identify a likely illegal then? by scent? or by absence of nail polish?
Yes, rly!

By stopping them for a legal reason, then requesting their identification (ID or any other info used to identify you, like name, date of birth and social security number). Just like they always do. When you can't produce anything they can verify you are most likely wanted or illegal. They'll then go the federal route for verification.

What happens now is an illegal is stopped for a traffic violation, the feds are called, the feds don't show up, the local police release the illegal. Is that the way you think it should be?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5228|Cleveland, Ohio

Shahter wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

because if they dont have ID or cant verify ID/address, they are illegal.  derp

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-05-15 09:11:05)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6767|Moscow, Russia

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Yes, rly!

By stopping them for a legal reason
oh, yeah. they only ever stop people for "legal" reasons. /facepalm

11 Bravo wrote:

because if they dont have ID or cant verify ID/address, they are illegal.  derp
read the fucking context for once...
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5228|Cleveland, Ohio
fuck you.  i read your context. law says in the process of a stop for reasons specified by law.  game set match.  checkmate.  bitch.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-05-15 10:14:52)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6767|Moscow, Russia

Shahter wrote:

oh, yeah. they only ever stop people for "legal" reasons. /facepalm

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard