HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5482|Bolingbrook, Illinois
that i didnt take any notes for and didnt feel like bringing the subjects binder with me which included what would be on the test
phishsux
­
+131|5130
smoke a bowl

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6478|Somewhere else

you don't study.  Judging from your previous antics, you are merely telling yourself you will study, you won't, you'll take the test, do... alright, and continue on in your semi-intelligent but lazy ways.

~fin

EDIT:  Semi-intelligent wasn't an insult,  it was a label for your methods of scholarly preparation.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2010-05-12 16:33:16)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Brasso
+1,549|6629

RoosterCantrell wrote:

you don't study.  Judging from your previous antics, you are merely telling yourself you will study, you won't, you'll take the test, do... alright, and continue on in your semi-intelligent but lazy ways.

~fin

EDIT:  Semi-intelligent wasn't an insult,  it was a label for your methods of scholarly preparation.
this, you suck at school, drop out now because you will never go to UI
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
HaiBai

haffeysucks wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

~fin

fuck off asshole.  ive been trying.  ive actually improved my 2 F's to D's and they'll be C's soon (with the help of the final...  hopefully)

i got 2 B's to A's, and the rest were C's (with one A from PE) and most of them are B's now
Brasso
+1,549|6629

HaiBai wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

~fin

fuck off asshole.  ive been trying.  ive actually improved my 2 F's to D's and they'll be C's soon (with the help of the final...  hopefully)

i got 2 B's to A's, and the rest were C's (with one A from PE) and most of them are B's now
obviously "trying" doesn't mean actually trying to study for tests.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
HaiBai

haffeysucks wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

look, i dont know why, but im inconsistent as hell.  sometimes i just get that fuck it feeling
Brasso
+1,549|6629

HaiBai wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

look, i dont know why, but im inconsistent as hell.  sometimes i just get that fuck it feeling
dont we all?  give that feeling a big "fuck you" and you'll be earning As soon enough.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5998|Vortex Ring State
haffey stfu, if he's asking he wants help.

(but you probs won't go to UofI:C-U anyways, sorry)

You find out what is on the final (Teacher should tell you), problems, facts, whatever. Then you make sure that you know said facts. If you need to know how to do a certain type of problem, go through your textbooks and find that type of problem, and do a couple.

EDIT:

HaiBai wrote:

which included what would be on the test
you're sorta fucked then...

Try to remember and do above said method.

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2010-05-12 16:54:57)

tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6173|Sydney | ♥

i dont study, i just listen to my lecturer.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
HaiBai

Trotskygrad wrote:

haffey stfu, if he's asking he wants help.

(but you probs won't go to UofI:C-U anyways, sorry)

You find out what is on the final (Teacher should tell you), problems, facts, whatever. Then you make sure that you know said facts. If you need to know how to do a certain type of problem, go through your textbooks and find that type of problem, and do a couple.
yeah i know, but im going to need these skills where ever i go.

thanks for the study tips, ive never really studied for a final 

i saw that anki thing, but it seems like a longterm thing, as in i need to know the test well in advance to use that to study.

what if the finals are in a week and a half?

edit: this is for a test, so i guess its not that big of a deal.  i didnt fuck myself for over finals.

Last edited by HaiBai (2010-05-12 16:57:25)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5998|Vortex Ring State
for a test? Same thing but just for that unit, not the entire semester.

Oh and for large amounts of facts, use flashcards or just rote repetition (write the fact down on paper 3-5 times)
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6235|Uk
ask someone on same courseabout what is in exam
find textbook
do reading/questions/whatever
take exam
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
i don't think i've studied for more than 5 tests in high school, and one of them was an FAA exam for flight school

i plan to do most of my studying in central park when i'm at college though
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6364|California
don't
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North

box of anal dildos wrote:

how do you study for a test that i didnt take any notes for and didnt feel like bringing the subjects binder with me which included what would be on the test
you fail it and learn next time to not be a lazy tool bag, and to take fucking notes/pay attention

under normal circumstances i would be nicer and helpful... but from what i remember this isn't the first "waaaah i don't like to work to achieve things, make it easier to slack off, waaaah"  thread/post
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6720|Sydney, Australia
Well, for this test you are fucked. And it will keep happening until you kill those "fuck it" feelings.. which you will keep having until you realise the "big picture" and set some academia related goals. You need to have a real desire to study and do well; to learn and better your understanding of yourself and the world.

/philosophical

For example.. I'm in 3rd year uni at the moment doing a double degree in engineering and commerce - it would be reasonable to assume I've got some intelligence. At the moment I'm doing the first year commerce courses (they are really easy compared to engineering). My final exams for this semester are in 5 weeks, and I have one more class test in 2 weeks. I could sit on my arse all day and study in the few weeks leading up to the exam, and end up with a 70-75 semester average (so just below a distinction average). But instead, I'll work my arse off over the next 5 weeks to shoot for a high distinction average (85+), which is fucking impressive at uni. I'll do it cause I give a fuck, and thinking big picture, it'll put me in an excellent position to apply for a commerce student exchange (I'd want to go to Boston or Stern School of Business in NY) should I decide to do one down the track.
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

adderall
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644
use google its ur best friend doesnt mean if something works for someone else, that it will work for you, you have to find your own method or go through number of diff. procedures before you find a method u are comfortable with....
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
if he doesn't get into UofI freshman year he could always go to CC or another 4-year and then transfer
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

I just read my notes and cram and memorize everything.
:blacKOut:
Shevchenkooooo
+42|6264|'Merica
I write all my notes on note cards, use spaced repetition, and then go over with the material my friends.  If I don't have any notes, I stop being a fucktard, ask a friend for the notes, and copy them.  If I'm not sure about the material on the notes, I talk to my friend about them.  It's that simple....except when summer is right around the corner...

Last edited by :blacKOut: (2010-05-12 22:22:46)

Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6233|Texas

HaiBai wrote:

that i didnt take any notes for and didnt feel like bringing the subjects binder with me which included what would be on the test
Read the OP people...

Find the subject online and study that.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6271
1. Open book
2. Study

If you don't have the notes, get them. Also what is that Anki thing? seems interesting, anyone care to show me how it works?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard