MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6809|USA, IL
THE BEST!! Played it nonstop since I got Sgt and it does me good !!! 
The added team points with the resupply's dosent bother me either.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6824|St. Louis, MO
Thanks for the input. I think i'm sold on the PKM as my next unlock.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6828|Australia
i dont mind the medics gun for sniping.... and its pretty silent!
ProDicTeD
+2|6808
yeah the pkm sure is good when i picked it up i was almost untouchable, but i'm almost untochable with L85 too
Naruji
+0|6845|Australia, QLD, Sunshine Coast
Lol. I love the PKM all though I don't have it yet, due to the fact im only Lance Corporal . Im getting their though Im not sure what to get though PKM or Sniper, I already have G36C and thats awesome, any advice?
Doyley
+1|6808|Australia
I want to get the PKM for my next unlock, I have recently been playing support alot, and find it to be really beneficial, and to think that the accuracy could double with the PKM unlock. I can't wait. I already have the G36C and the L85 and both do me a world of service.
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6809|USA, IL
advice to you Naruji is do what you feel will be more fun and benifical..... Think; which will I do more of:  Sniping or will I be using suppport.  Another question to ask is how much will the unlock benifit me?  Depending on playing styles different unlocks are more desirable to different players.
Deraneo
Made in Norway
+0|6808
I personally am torn between the PKM and the L85A2. I already have the G36C, and it's awesome to me. I rarely play any other class than Spec Ops now, but a good gun for another classe would possibly make me rethink playing that class more often
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6848|San Francisco

Deraneo wrote:

I personally am torn between the PKM and the L85A2. I already have the G36C, and it's awesome to me. I rarely play any other class than Spec Ops now, but a good gun for another classe would possibly make me rethink playing that class more often
Hehe, I have the L85 and am torn between the G36 and the PKM. The PKM sounds very tempting, but I rarely play as support right now... probably because the stock guns suck ass and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. However, with spec ops getting points for destroying commander assets once the next patch comes out I will most likely end up playing as spec ops even more. The problem is that I am already pretty good with the M4 and other spec ops weapons, they are really decent weapons, so I wonder how much of an improvement the G36 would be. Damn my indecisive nature!
Naruji
+0|6845|Australia, QLD, Sunshine Coast
I have now just got to corporal I took a think about it, and I never use the Sniper that much anyway, so I got the PKM, I love taking down choppers It's a very awesome gun, so much better than the stock ones. Thanks for the advice as well.

Last edited by Naruji (2005-09-13 18:57:10)

Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6821

Naruji wrote:

I have now just got to corporal I took a think about it, and I never use the Sniper that much anyway, so I got the PKM, I love taking down choppers It's a very awesome gun, so much better than the stock ones. Thanks for the advice as well.
I've unloaded full clips into choppers with the PKM and have never taken one down unless it was REALLY damaged to begin with.
I think stating that it will take out choppers is misleading.
On the other hand - the PKM does rock for laying down cover fire, pumping 30 rounds into a guy at close range and not to bad at medium range when zoomed in
Microsoftsam
+-1|6823
The PKM wasn't to good to me, but the Jackhammer has, I took down 10-15 guys at close range without take a scratch, then I ran out of ammo. So I died, respawned and took out another 10. For me its the Jackhammer.
Deraneo
Made in Norway
+0|6808

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Deraneo wrote:

Hehe, I have the L85 and am torn between the G36 and the PKM. The PKM sounds very tempting, but I rarely play as support right now... probably because the stock guns suck ass and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. However, with spec ops getting points for destroying commander assets once the next patch comes out I will most likely end up playing as spec ops even more. The problem is that I am already pretty good with the M4 and other spec ops weapons, they are really decent weapons, so I wonder how much of an improvement the G36 would be. Damn my indecisive nature!
The G36C is an awesome weapon, as I said, and as you can see in my flashy new banner. It's more accurate than a sniper rifle, when using single fire and scope, it got fast burst that have allowed me to walk away from duels with G3 (which I picked up from a corpse today, and is awesome as well) wielding assault-soldiers. Heck, I even took three people alone with the gun (Yes, quite noobish people, but it still is hard). I'd go for the G36C. That's just my biased opinion, though.
Col-Khadafi
+0|6797|Your Mom's House

Deraneo wrote:

The G36C is an awesome weapon, as I said, and as you can see in my flashy new banner. It's more accurate than a sniper rifle, when using single fire and scope, it got fast burst that have allowed me to walk away from duels with G3 (which I picked up from a corpse today, and is awesome as well) wielding assault-soldiers. Heck, I even took three people alone with the gun (Yes, quite noobish people, but it still is hard). I'd go for the G36C. That's just my biased opinion, though.
Yea, everyone use the easiest and most overpowered gun in the game. Then run around bragging about how much of an elite haxor you are!

As for the PKM, it still seems pretty inaccurate, even with bursting/single shot. An overall improvement of the MGs accuracy would make them a lot better.

Last edited by Col-Khadafi (2005-09-17 21:05:49)

mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6838|Munich, Germany

Col-Khadafi wrote:

Deraneo wrote:

Yea, everyone use the easiest and most overpowered gun in the game. Then run around bragging about how much of an elite haxor you are!

As for the PKM, it still seems pretty inaccurate, even with bursting/single shot. An overall improvement of the MGs accuracy would make them a lot better.
khadafi get some anger management course please.

i was tempted to take the PKM at my last unlock but i enjoy playing as spec ops to much and i also like the ability to take out armoured vehicles when nessesary. the G36 is a really good gun but with all its accuracy and fire rate it still lacks power. i can drop a guy with 3 shots from my G3 but need at least 5 from the G36 in CQC. i dropped 3 guys at once with the G3 and this would be hard with the G36C. i love to get on the houses in sharqui with the G3 and i can drop them before they can seek cover
the PKM will be my next unlock, maybe for christmas , cause i  still refuse to play support if avoidable cause of the sucky stock guns.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6828|Australia
i have seen guys take tanks with the jackhammer....
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6809|USA, IL
I would love to see everyone with the pkm, but a word of caution;  If you dont like the stock guns at ALL then dont get the pkm seeing it is a litt more accurate but mostly does more damage.  In certain CQB situations I will still use the saw.  My point is to try out the saw (Super fast fire) and the rpk (Simmilar to pkm with faster rate of fire and less accuray.)  If you cant learn to use those, then you probally cant learn to use the pkm which calls for a different firing rate (dont single shot or burst fire) and player style than all the other's.
Col-Khadafi
+0|6797|Your Mom's House
It seems many people dont even try for headshots, it makes a huge difference with uber accurate guns like the g36c / ak101. MurrayP, you suggested not bursting / single firing with the PKM, so how do you do it? I cant seem to hit anything with it either way.
paul_v_1973_dallas
+2|6786
Yep I just got Lance Corporal yesterday and unlocked the PKM since I almost exclusively play support. Even though I only had time to play for an hour, I could swear that my kill rate went up. I normally only have 4 or 5 kills a game (yeah I know I suck) but I was averaging 8-10 with the PKM.
BrightAsh
+1|6817

ProDicTeD wrote:

yeah the pkm sure is good when i picked it up i was almost untouchable, but i'm almost untochable with L85 too
untouchable? you have over 5000 deaths, what do you mean untouchable :p
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6813
His assault rifle stats are pretty damn good, dude.
Furious=UKLF=
+12|6768|Over there
I found the PKM has good accuracy by using burst fire, ie three/four shot bursts, if ure putting down cvr fire or just trying to shoot someone this is the best way to use this weapon, obviously go prone before opening up!
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6809|USA, IL
yea, I lay on the trigger (when I'm prone), or if there too far away.... I just rush thier butts!~!...
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6786

duhduhduhdudh"GEEEETSSOOOOOMMMEEEE!!!"duhduhduhduhduh

PKM is the greatest ;D
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6771|Atlanta, GA USA
Using burst doesn't matter with the PKM, because you get your maximum deviation after the second shot (see the UBAR).  So basically whether you shoot 3-4 round bursts or just lay into it, you will have the same deviation.
It is very critical that you shoot from a prone position with the PKM (or any LMG).  Also, use the iron sights.  This will minimize your deviation.
Examples (calculated using formulae in UBAR):
Standing, not zoomed:
1st shot:  1.6
2nd shot: 2.17
3rd shot: 2.37 - maximum deviation for PKM (so deviation is same for 4th, 5th shot, etc.)

Prone, not zoomed:
1st shot:    .64
2nd shot: 1.21
3rd shot: 1.41

Prone, zoomed:
1st shot:  .512
2nd shot: .893
3rd shot: .993

So from this, you can see that there is a huge difference if you are prone and zoomed.  You basically cannot hit anything with the LMG standing, but prone is another matter.
For comparison, the M16 has a deviation of .54 on the second shot when prone, zoomed.
And that is your math lesson for today.

Last edited by atlvolunteer (2005-10-21 09:45:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard