mikkel
+383|6610

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

mikkel wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

4.2GHz on decent i7 is doable on air with pretty low noise. After 3.6GHz performance differences are mostly in imagination as well.
Sorta depends on the application.
Find me app where you NOTICE the difference, I dare you.
Just about any processing-intensive application would do. Video or audio encoders, rendering applications, stuff like MATLAB. You notice an increase in computational power when you increase the computational power.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5797|Catherine Black
So how come nobody has gone dual xenons with tri fermi for 3d mark score?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6008|The Mitten
ohgodwhydocomputershaveotbesoexpensiveohdeargodwhy
EE (hats
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6576|NYC / Hamburg

Morpheus wrote:

ohgodwhydocomputershaveotbesoexpensiveohdeargodwhy
They're cheaper than ever
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6008|The Mitten
Dilemma:

a)Buy/find cheap DDR RAM to get old mobo working
b)Get mobo compatable with new (lel) computer equip
c)Get compatable mobo, new gpu
d)fuck it, go all out (cpu/mobo/gpu)
if c) (or d)) - which of these?

budget is... low. very low.
EE (hats
max
Vela Incident

D, out of those, 9800GTX+.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6008|The Mitten

max wrote:

D, out of those, 9800GTX+.
...ok. so, 9800GTX+, what mobo/cpu do you suggest? Links, please, so i can stress over my coming budget.
EE (hats
max
Vela Incident

What do you have now? Anything you can recycle? Budget? Needed performance?
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6008|The Mitten

max wrote:

Ok.
Keeping case (antec P182 aka sex in metallic form)
Keeping keyboard/mouse (G15 & 5)

Have PSU - antec, 500w
Have 2 19" monitors
Have 3 SATA HDD (2x250 1x80)
Have 2x2GB Corsair RAM (this)
Have EVGA 7900GT
Have Intel Core 2... can't remember exact model, cba to pull it off mobo atm.
Have Intel mobo (dead)

Also (in old computer)
Have X1600
Have Asus mobo
Have AMD 3000+

Budget would be (ideally 150) up to 300(US), i guess.... possibly more.

Looking to play TF2 & related Valve, Oblivion, C&C Generals, CoD4 (possibly), BF2 (if possible).
Also, not interested in overclocking.

Last edited by Morpheus (2010-05-11 19:40:13)

EE (hats
dill13
+67|6202

Morpheus wrote:

max wrote:

Ok.
Keeping case (antec P182 aka sex in metallic form)
Keeping keyboard/mouse (G15 & 5)

Have PSU - antec, 500w
Have 2 19" monitors
Have 3 SATA HDD (2x250 1x80)
Have 2x2GB Corsair RAM (this)
Have EVGA 7900GT
Have Intel Core 2... can't remember exact model, cba to pull it off mobo atm.
Have Intel mobo (dead)

Also (in old computer)
Have X1600
Have Asus mobo
Have AMD 3000+

Budget would be (ideally 150) up to 300(US), i guess.... possibly more.

Looking to play TF2 & related Valve, Oblivion, C&C Generals, CoD4 (possibly), BF2 (if possible).
Also, not interested in overclocking.
https://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb21/dill132007/Untitled-31.jpg
decent for around 300 a little under after rebates itll play everything you want it to but id like to know your proc cause if its a e7 or other decent wolfdale it wont be worth the upgrade
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6008|The Mitten
deffo not e7.

it's about as good as my laptop (which is a T2400)...
EE (hats
max
Vela Incident

this will get you running again. Chuck in a HD5770 if you want.

Last edited by max (2010-05-11 23:10:58)

Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6008|The Mitten

max wrote:

this will get you running again. Chuck in a HD5770 if you want.
"We apologize for the inconvenience, but the item you are looking for has been deactivated. Here are some similar products that you may wish to consider:"

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/31499/aussiehmm.png
EE (hats
max
Vela Incident

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Why get something with onboard GFX and slap a GFX on it?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Because onboard video barely gets 30 fps in Flash Webgames?
baggs
+732|6213
I have the G33 chipset version of that board, its worked swimmingly since install.
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

You moron I obviously meant he should get a non-onboard mobo instead
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

Non-onboard video mobos usually cost more. For example my previous motherboard cost me like £40, had onboard video, 2 PCI and one PCI-E slot, terrible overclocking abilities and was pretty much terrible. My new one, Asus P5Q Turbo, £105, no onboard video and a lot more expansion slots, brilliant for overclocking, E-Sata, etc etc.

Cheap motherboards have onboard video because they're targeted towards people who might not have enough cash for a graphics card.

E: Oh I forgot, as far as graphics cards go for the build, try not to get anything below a 5770 or GTX 260/GTS 250. They'll just run out of steam in modern games at anything >= 1680x1050.

Last edited by Finray (2010-05-12 05:10:16)

FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

Non-onboard video mobos usually cost more. For example my previous motherboard cost me like £40, had onboard video, 2 PCI and one PCI-E slot, terrible overclocking abilities and was pretty much terrible. My new one, Asus P5Q Turbo, £105, no onboard video and a lot more expansion slots, brilliant for overclocking, E-Sata, etc etc.

Cheap motherboards have onboard video because they're targeted towards people who might not have enough cash for a graphics card.

E: Oh I forgot, as far as graphics cards go for the build, try not to get anything below a 5770 or GTX 260/GTS 250. They'll just run out of steam in modern games at anything >= 1680x1050.
So your way of comparing onboard vs non-onboard is to compare a budget vs a overclocker motherboard?

Goddamnit finray...
There are excellent cheap motherboards out that don't have onboard... Paying for onboard makes no sence as the same mobo without it would be cheaper...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

Should be getting the HTC incredible within a week or two . (maybe)

I've actually been out of contract since Oct .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6748|Toronto | Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Should be getting the HTC incredible within a week or two . (maybe)

I've actually been out of contract since Oct .
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

$200, not completely unreasonable. I also get a 10 percent discount. It may be cheaper at Sears to. When the Droid came out it was $200, but the very next day it was $150 at sears. I know, cause I rubbed it in my sisters face. Her and her husband each bought one at full price, lol.
https://i43.tinypic.com/sfjmsp.jpg
http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/Specia … 9ea5d82b45
Xbone Stormsurgezz
max
Vela Incident

FloppY_ wrote:

There are excellent cheap motherboards out that don't have onboard... Paying for onboard makes no sence as the same mobo without it would be cheaper...
Find a cheaper LGA775 board by a decent manufacturer then. I dare you.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6636|UK
Aww, man. I just spent ages reading about that HTC Droid Incredible, thinking it seemed pretty damn decent. Seeing as my contract runs out in the summer ... but it's not going to be released in the UK

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard