Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6545|UK

In my ongoing saga of the new build, it appears the retailer I bought my motherboard from, has rejected the warranty on my P6T Deluxe becaus of two bent cpu pins.  I have been fortunet (in the past) to never have an issue with a mobo so I was wondering, is that really grounds to reject it.  I'm to say the least a little pissed off since thats me £200+ down having to now go out and buy a board to replace it.

Should probably deal with asus myself?
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6616|Mhz

If you bent em it's your problem mate, if not kindly offer to take them to court about it.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6410|Finland

None over here will honor warranty if socket pins are bent.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5957|Places 'n such
Had this problem, apparantly it was my fault they were bent =S

Solved it with a credit card if you wanna try that? last resort i spose though.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6655|The darkside of Denver
how did you bend the cpu pins??
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5174|Sydney
I had to rma a CPU with AMD last year, I was told repeatedly that as long as there are no visible physical defects then they'd honour it. If one pin was bent then there's not a chance. Surely that would be most company's policy too.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712

SonderKommando wrote:

More like motherboard pins =/

I would just get a new mobo...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SonderKommando

Cybargs wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

More like motherboard pins =/

I would just get a new mobo...
There are actually quite a few "pins" on a motherboard.  Just so happens that these specific ones are used to make contact with the CPU and therefore, are commonly referred to as CPU pins. 
Spoiler (highlight to read):
You're a fucking douchebag cybargs, go die a fire you faggot
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6410|Finland

socket pins...

*runs away before getting beaten to death*
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
SonderKommando

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

socket pins...

*runs away before getting beaten to death*
eh, the I'm just saying even among industry professionals its perfectly acceptable to say CPU pins. You can call it whatever you want, either way we all know what he meant.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6687
There is a distinction because intel had no pins on the CPU but pins on the motherboard.

AMD on the other hand has pins on the CPU but no pins on the motherboard. (I find the pins on AMD CPUs to be much thicker and stronger than those weak intel motherboard pins)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard