Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6660

Marconius wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

So, what's the policy at Morgan Hill on 7/4?
Fourth of July happens in the summer.  We don't go to school in the summer.  *facepalm*
       :walks away:
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6686|San Francisco

Live Oak Dress Code wrote:

The school has the right to request that any student dressing inappropriately for school will change into other clothes, be sent home to change, and/or be subject to disciplinary action.
http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/265 … g-t-shirts

http://liveoakhs.ca.campusgrid.net/home … s_code.htm

I also have friends who work at the school as teachers and have confirmed that it was enforced amongst the students equally.  It was a pretty boneheaded move on Live Oak's part, but still a tough call to make with idiot kids trying to get attention.  Evidently nothing of this nature happened at Gilroy High School...usually none of the students care and we just went about our business as usual, so it always takes a bit of prodding and instigation to get something like this to occur.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina

Marconius wrote:

Live Oak Dress Code wrote:

The school has the right to request that any student dressing inappropriately for school will change into other clothes, be sent home to change, and/or be subject to disciplinary action.
http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/265 … g-t-shirts

http://liveoakhs.ca.campusgrid.net/home … s_code.htm

I also have friends who work at the school as teachers and have confirmed that it was enforced amongst the students equally.  It was a pretty boneheaded move on Live Oak's part, but still a tough call to make with idiot kids trying to get attention.  Evidently nothing of this nature happened at Gilroy High School...usually none of the students care and we just went about our business as usual, so it always takes a bit of prodding and instigation to get something like this to occur.
EDIT:  Damn frames glitch...  I caught it at the end...  Also, when trying to cut and paste, that site is glitchy as fuck.  I've never seen a news site with that weird ass scrolling design...

Ok...  the wording in this article is a bit strange.

"Some Mexican-American students said that their flags were taken away or asked to be put away, but none were sent home for wearing red, white and green. Since Boden would not comment, it's uncertain if any other students were sent home for what they were wearing on Cinco de Mayo."

So, presumably, some Latino students were asked to put away their Mexican themed flags or invert their Mexican clothing.  However...

"Live Oak High School even hosted a group of professional baile folklorico dancers, who waved flags and played traditional music from Mexico."

So basically, it was a pretty hollow gesture at being evenhanded.

While I understand the management was trying to avoid a conflict, they essentially showed how skewed their idea of fair is with their handling of this.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-05-06 16:04:08)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6686|San Francisco
I never said anyone was sent home for wearing Mexican colors.  There do seem to be some conflicting reports from both sides about incendiary comments spouted by students around the campus...but it looks like the school followed policy and called the trolls out.

And yes, it was a pretty odd move from the LO administration, but what else can you do when students obviously try to incite something?
Turquoise
O Canada

Marconius wrote:

I never said anyone was sent home for wearing Mexican colors.  There do seem to be some conflicting reports from both sides about incendiary comments spouted by students around the campus...but it looks like the school followed policy and called the trolls out.
Well, as you said, they were successful trolls.

Even though their intentions were transparent, the principal took the bait.  Now, they're getting national attention.

If he had been smart, he would've let them do their thing.  A conflict would have arisen most likely, however, it would not have escalated to a freedom of speech issue (nor would it have some local residents calling for his resignation).

In effect, he just got schooled by a bunch of attention whores.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6522|Global Command

Kmarion wrote:

Marconius wrote:

Got some more info on the story.  There was a school-wide policy to not wear flags, no matter what country it was for.  They took away Mexican flags as well, and these dumbasses were given plenty of time and warning to remove the American flag apparel and just didn't comply with the school policy.  Media is spinning this way out of control...hooray.  Glad I don't live in Morgan Hill anymore.
There it is guys. Look long and hard. It's called the truth.
Here's some more truth; no other ethnic group gets a " day ". What gives?

What I heard is the boys are half Hispanic, the vp called them racists and a mob of angry Mexican students almost rioted demanding harsher punishment.

I do think the ultimate solution, the final solution, will be annexation or unification with Mexico.

The question is, do we become a lawless stink hole like they are or do they become civilized.

I can see the strategic and economic benefits of such a notion. It is the gutless lying sleazebag way the leadership is going about things that pisses me off.

Exploit here, tax there, skim this, scam that....

over it.
Reciprocity
+721|6573|the dank(super) side of Oregon

ATG wrote:

What I heard is the boys are half Hispanic, the vp called them racists and a mob of angry Mexican students almost rioted demanding harsher punishment.

I do think the ultimate solution, the final solution, will be annexation or unification with Mexico.

The question is, do we become a lawless stink hole like they are or do they become civilized.

I can see the strategic and economic benefits of such a notion. It is the gutless lying sleazebag way the leadership is going about things that pisses me off.

over it.
Wouldn't we end up dealing with the same immigration problems with central/south America?  Or do we also annex Panama and militarize the area around the Panama Canal?
ATG
Banned
NWO

No borders. No Ideas. Just as you need, just what you can consume.

It's been tried before. it's just that the right people were not in charge.
CC-Marley
+407|6821
Cinco de Mayo around my parts is just another day to drink tons and eat ethnic foods. Just like Saint Pattys..
Reciprocity
+721|6573|the dank(super) side of Oregon

ATG wrote:

NWO

No borders. No Ideas. Just as you need, just what you can consume.

It's been tried before. it's just that the right people were not in charge.
then why bother annexing mexico at all?
Turquoise
O Canada

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Marconius wrote:

Got some more info on the story.  There was a school-wide policy to not wear flags, no matter what country it was for.  They took away Mexican flags as well, and these dumbasses were given plenty of time and warning to remove the American flag apparel and just didn't comply with the school policy.  Media is spinning this way out of control...hooray.  Glad I don't live in Morgan Hill anymore.

over it.
I no longer think it's a matter of us annexing Mexico....  It's a matter of them annexing us.

Borders are trivial when the applicable laws aren't enforced.  This isn't going to come to a war.  It's just going to be a gradual process of assimilation.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

Turquoise wrote:

I no longer think it's a matter of us annexing Mexico....  It's a matter of them annexing us.

Borders are trivial when the applicable laws aren't enforced.  This isn't going to come to a war.  It's just going to be a gradual process of assimilation.
Si senor.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Screw the bullcrap that spawned from this story, and fuck the haters on both sides. Cinco de Mayo is seen by a lot of people, Mexicans included, to be a North American holiday, so people wear the US flag if they want, because we fucking observe it. Maybe they should have come to school draped in the French flag if they wanted to offend Mexicans on their special day, but I doubt the ignoramuses at this school would have even understood the angle.

Trotskygrad wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Marconius wrote:

CRITICAL PIECE OF INFORMATION RIGHT THAR.
It's an arbitrary rule if the school doesn't have an outright uniform dress code, so fuck them too.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5992|Vortex Ring State

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Screw the bullcrap that spawned from this story, and fuck the haters on both sides. Cinco de Mayo is seen by a lot of people, Mexicans included, to be a North American holiday, so people wear the US flag if they want, because we fucking observe it. Maybe they should have come to school draped in the French flag if they wanted to offend Mexicans on their special day, but I doubt the ignoramuses at this school would have even understood the angle.

Trotskygrad wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

It's an arbitrary rule if the school doesn't have an outright uniform dress code, so fuck them too.
It ain't arbitrary if they are walking around tearing down the flags.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Trotskygrad wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

It ain't arbitrary if they are walking around tearing down the flags.
Administrators at a California high school sent five students home on Wednesday after they refused to remove their American flag T-shirts and bandannas -- garments the school officials deemed "incendiary" on Cinco de Mayo.
Arbitrary. None of my schools had that in effect.

Shouldn't people 'ask questions' about this?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-05-06 20:47:55)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5466|Ventura, California

War Man wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Assistant Principal Miguel Rodriguez asked two of them to remove their American flag bandannas...
Fucking Mexicans.

California isn't theres, I can't believe this crap. This sort of thing I don't put up with. Not being able to wear AMERICAN FLAG T-SHIRTS in the United STATES of AMERICA?

Holy crap I hope this guy gets his ass kicked by some Texas red-neck wearing American flag t-shirts and driving huge pickups with patriotic shit written over them.

Eh, sort of an EE post, sorry.
Some Texan rednecks wear confederate flag tshirts

steelie34 wrote:

the united states:

the only country where your own national pride isn't allowed if it bothers other people
Seriously, God I fucking hate democrats with them telling us what to do.
Its our fucking country. I hope when I go to Texas or CA (When I move cause of divorce) I'm in some liberal ass school. I'm gona piss those bitches off like they've never seen.

Rofl @ "Adding fuel to the fire"

There was no fire, and if there was a "Fire" that's what the teachers should have prevented. Damn are they retarded.

It's the US, you tell the Mexicans to piss off with their holiday and if they want to get violent they can get expelled.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2010-05-06 22:02:55)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

ATG wrote:

Does Mexico want to annex California?
Would probably be a net win for Mexico AND the US

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-05-06 23:25:33)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709

Dilbert_X wrote:

ATG wrote:

Funny how California was ceded to the US after the Mexican American war lol.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

ruisleipa wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Assistant Principal Miguel Rodriguez asked two of them to remove their American flag bandannas...
Fucking Mexicans.
She's probably a fucking AMERICAN you douchebag.

And anyone wearing a fucking American flag BANDANA is a cunt and should be shot.

Next!
Erm...he is undoubtedly an American.

And the article clearly stated that bandannas were not approved for student wear, due to the policy. But it said nothing about t-shirts. The mention of flags in the policy (as repeated in the article and referenced elsewhere) was in reference to no-kidding flags, not t-shirts.

That's why there's a problem with the way the school responded. And why the school district disagreed and didn't support the actions of the school administration.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire

Turquoise wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

And anyone wearing a fucking American flag BANDANA is a cunt and should be shot.

Next!
What?...   I can't tell when you're being serious and when you're being sarcastic.
same..
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
ATG
Banned

RTHKI wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Next!
What?...   I can't tell when you're being serious and when you're being sarcastic.
same..
oh no ladies, that's his true colors. He isn't even trolling.

This fellow should have multiple members formally requesting a permaban.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD

-Sh1fty- wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Fucking Mexicans.

Next!
Ever heard of patriotism?

You're so full of shit I can smell you from here. Lots of people wear bandannas, this guy had the U.S. flag on his bandanna. It's not like he was walking around Sweden with it, he was in the US of A.
It's still school policy. I'm sure if it was a Mexican flag or an Israeli flag or a USSR flag it would have had the same ending.

Also, wearing a flag as a piece of clothing doesn't equate to patriotism, nor does it follow the US Flag Code.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5466|Ventura, California

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Next!

You're so full of shit I can smell you from here. Lots of people wear bandannas, this guy had the U.S. flag on his bandanna. It's not like he was walking around Sweden with it, he was in the US of A.
It's still school policy. I'm sure if it was a Mexican flag or an Israeli flag or a USSR flag it would have had the same ending.

Also, wearing a flag as a piece of clothing doesn't equate to patriotism, nor does it follow the US Flag Code.
I agree it doesn't mean he's being patriotic, I'm just using an example of an excuse for wearing it. Had it been a Mexican flag on Cico de whatever day I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Turquoise
O Canada

Dilbert_X wrote:

ATG wrote:

Sad but true.
Turquoise
O Canada

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Next!

Not true.  As Marconius's article even states, over 100 students were seen leaving the school still wearing Mexican flags and such.  Clearly, the principal was biased.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard