Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Jaekus wrote:

My brother has been to Thailand 4 times and says it's an amazing place - and it's so cheap to do stuff.
You can live like a king and it'll cost you next to nothing (relatively). There's also a lot to see and explore, a lot of history and some really nice people.

I had planned to go mid this year but things changed and I'll have to put it off till probably next year.

Other places friends have visited who came back rating them highly were Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Bali and Singapore.
Except Singapore is f*cking expensive...
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
They all have their pros/cons.

If you're not sure the best way is to read up as much as possible, learn a lot about the place and read/listen to other people's experiences. If you're still keen, save your money and go. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney

Ilocano wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

My brother has been to Thailand 4 times and says it's an amazing place - and it's so cheap to do stuff.
You can live like a king and it'll cost you next to nothing (relatively). There's also a lot to see and explore, a lot of history and some really nice people.

I had planned to go mid this year but things changed and I'll have to put it off till probably next year.

Other places friends have visited who came back rating them highly were Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Bali and Singapore.
Except Singapore is f*cking expensive...
Yeah true that. It's considerably different than the other places too.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Well my friends went to the Philippines, and I still have some friends there (met them in Ventura, CA) they say the Philippines rocks. And it's cheap...so...

I donno

I've always wanted to visit there. I'm sure there's nicer.
Cool.  Contact your friends and have them recommend a place to stay and then have them show you around.  That's the best way to go on your first trip.  They'll probably even offer to have you stay at their place.  And they'll recommend the best time to go.

BTW, don't be put off by the disparity between the rich and poor in the country.  Tons of extreme poor, even in the cities, living in squatter shacks.  But the vast majority are good people who will be grateful for even the smallest charity.   But like anywhere else, always go with your local friends.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-05-04 10:24:58)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
I found a round-trip for $1k from Zurich.

I'm not leaving tomorrow or anything, this is something for next year or something. I just wanted some ideas.

My friend said I could stay at his place.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

someones looking to get laid

https://www.frogview.com/uploadimages4/49fe6dfa44ebe7.68072959frogview-gallery.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6549|Columbus, OH

Ilocano wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Well my friends went to the Philippines, and I still have some friends there (met them in Ventura, CA) they say the Philippines rocks. And it's cheap...so...

I donno

I've always wanted to visit there. I'm sure there's nicer.
Cool.  Contact your friends and have them recommend a place to stay and then have them show you around.  That's the best way to go on your first trip.  They'll probably even offer to have you stay at their place.  And they'll recommend the best time to go.

BTW, don't be put off by the disparity between the rich and poor in the country.  Tons of extreme poor, even in the cities, living in squatter shacks.  But the vast majority are good people who will be grateful for even the smallest charity.   But like anywhere else, always go with your local friends.
paraphase: You are gonna get kidnapped if you go out by yourself, you silly white rich kid
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
WTF, it showed everything I posted 3 times, so I deleted one and all 3 are gone

Anyway, ummm loubot aren't Philippine like really short or something?

I'm warman's twin, nobody fucks with me
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
bennisboy
+829|6617|Poundland
log out and log back in dingbat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The southern folks are generally small.  The rest of the country are typically average or above average versus the typical Asian, excluding the South Koreans.  The South Koreans tend to be the biggest Asians.  But then again, I know couples from the south, who are under five feet, who have kids well over six feet, born and raised here in the States.

LOL if you think height/mass makes you intimidating.  Pinoy's are fast, quick, resilient, and have high tolerance for pain.  Think Manny Pacquiao.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-05-04 13:11:40)

Chou
+737|6761
Pedobear says Thailand.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6319|Belfast

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I'd really like to go on a vacation to some Asian place. I'm thinking tropical, paradise sort of thing. Hawaii doesn't cut it.
I hear that North Korea is great at this time of year.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

henno13 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I'd really like to go on a vacation to some Asian place. I'm thinking tropical, paradise sort of thing. Hawaii doesn't cut it.
Except North Korea isn't tropical.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6319|Belfast

Ilocano wrote:

henno13 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Except North Korea isn't tropical.
No shit, I hope you noticed that I was being sarcastic.

Last edited by henno13 (2010-05-04 16:09:03)

Brasso
+1,549|6601

Ilocano wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The southern folks are generally small.  The rest of the country are typically average or above average versus the typical Asian, excluding the South Koreans.  The South Koreans tend to be the biggest Asians.  But then again, I know couples from the south, who are under five feet, who have kids well over six feet, born and raised here in the States.

LOL if you think height/mass makes you intimidating.  Pinoy's are fast, quick, resilient, and have high tolerance for pain.  Think Manny Pacquiao.
ilocano, pinoy ikaw?

the last bit is extremely true, don't get your shit stolen because it will be stolen and you won't be able to catch a filipino unless you're usain bolt.  also i was about 5'9" when i went there but towered over almost everyone.  my cousins, aunts, uncles, etc all thought i was god.

karma wrote:

probably not as hot as Kenya with FUCKING 40 DEGREES CELSIUS IN THE SHADE GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!
sorry, the philippines is just as hot with 100% humidity 99% of the time

p.s. almost everything is dirt cheap there, haircuts, clothes, mani/pedi, massages, all that luxury shit.  my aunt owns like 10 businesses/spas/restaurants so when i went there i pretty much did everything free and was total VIP status.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

haffeysucks wrote:

ilocano, pinoy ikaw?

the last bit is extremely true, don't get your shit stolen because it will be stolen and you won't be able to catch a filipino unless you're usain bolt.  also i was about 5'9" when i went there but towered over almost everyone.  my cousins, aunts, uncles, etc all thought i was god.

karma wrote:

probably not as hot as Kenya with FUCKING 40 DEGREES CELSIUS IN THE SHADE GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!
sorry, the philippines is just as hot with 100% humidity 99% of the time

p.s. almost everything is dirt cheap there, haircuts, clothes, mani/pedi, massages, all that luxury shit.  my aunt owns like 10 businesses/spas/restaurants so when i went there i pretty much did everything free and was total VIP status.
Google my username.  Spaniard + Ilocano blood (aka, you don't want to mess with me), but constantly mistaken for Korean, what with my chinky eyes and build.  Go figure.

Yeah, Kenya has nothing on PI.  Imagine sweating in the shade when you aren't even moving.  But the exception is Baguio City.  Christmas time, colder there than in Cali.

Conifers:
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11550/3997457-City_on_the_top_of_the_mountain-Baguio_City.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
40c in the shade? That's a typical hot Aussie summer's day.
Last year with Black Saturday (massive bushfire that killed a lot of people and destroyed hundreds of homes) it was 47c with up to 100kmph winds. About the worst conditions imaginable.

/off topic
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio

loubot wrote:

you*re too white! You will get kidnapped and we'll have to come rescue you, so NOOOOOOO!!!!
Don't post unless you're going to contribute. {quote{
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
Boracay is fucking nice. That place I would fucking recommend. But for real vacation, bali baby.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio

Chou wrote:

Pedobear says Thailand.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

11 Bravo wrote:

Chou wrote:

Pedobear says Thailand.
https://www.rfi.fr/actuen/images/112/thai_protests_432.jpg

Yeah if you want to get shot.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6701|Uhh... erm...
Come to Malaysia. Nice balance of tropical stuff as well as modernized stuff, and it's pretty goddamn cheap if you're earning a Western income.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Tetrino wrote:

Come to Malaysia. Nice balance of tropical stuff as well as modernized stuff, and it's pretty goddamn cheap if you're earning a Western income.
Singapore was nice. But it's like... Western system but a country full of Asians.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6701|Uhh... erm...

Cybargs wrote:

Tetrino wrote:

Singapore was nice. But it's like... Western system but a country full of Asians.
Sounds like a smaller Australia.

Swear to god, last time I visited, virtually two thirds of everyone I saw on the street was a damn Asian.
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
Where did you visit?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard