jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

Jaekus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I'm so freaking confused. Whenever somebody gets revived I shoot at them and they take no damage, like a spawn protection system, then I get killed. Guess what? Yeah, when I get revived I die instantly by some M60 fag.

Why don't I have spawn protection? WTF?!
I've been wondering the same thing. I can spawn and die instantaneously, yet I can empty a full clip and then some, they strafe once and headshot me with a semi...
uhm ... lern where to spawn ... lern how to aim?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5177|Sydney
Umm, spawning on a random squadmate near an objective, hitting said player and just getting dust?
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

Jaekus wrote:

Umm, spawning on a random squadmate near an objective, hitting said player and just getting dust?

Take time and make a judgment where to spawn, you can actually wait for the right time.

Last edited by jsnipy (2010-04-24 06:31:16)

Jaekus
+957|5177|Sydney
I was talking about a rare ocassion, not a frequent occurence.

In any case, what the point being made here is that there's a lack of consistency in the game's physics and hitreg, but hey, there' nothing new about that at all. I had previously thought it to be fixed, but now I'm not so sure.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5472|Ventura, California
I think you guys didn't understand my point.

Now lets say I've just had my body riddled with holes by an M60 cunt, and my now resting corps gets 700 volts through it's heart and I magically stand up.

Now, this is where my problem starts: reviving.

AS SOON AS I GET REVIVED I get killed again, with no spawn protection delay. Now lets say for once the M60 fag goes for the medic instead, and I blow his ugly face away. Now he gets revived, and as soon as he's up, I empty my magazine into him.

HE DOESN'T DIE, yet I can be killed instantly after being resuscitated.  Yet he has fucking spawn protection. WTF?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6325|Australia

JohnG@lt wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Well they all fire nearly the same caliber anyway. None of the ARs have a higher cal than the 5.56x45, the others might be a 5.45x39. It's like you're trying to make a difference between getting shot by an M416 (5.56x45) and an M16A2 (5.56x45). They both use the same caliber, the damage is hardly going to vary.  Then you've got the AEK-971 (spelling?) and AN-94 which probably both fire the 5.45x39, maybe the AN fires 7.62x39 since it's got such higher damage.

What I'm trying to say is, the only weapon not firing a NATO 5.56x45 is the AN-94.

So the cosmetics are the only difference, which is realistic. Maybe one is longer than the other, and you'd get spotted easier hiding in a bush, or if you want to conserve ammo while staying accurate you might want something with a slower ROF, etc.
but it makes the gameplay suxx.
Then they should've picked a wider variety of weapons. There are hundreds of different weapon systems in the world right now and they chose a bunch that are similar in everything but looks. Why not the AK-47 and it's 7.62mm round? Why choose two Russian ARs that both shoot the 5.45mm? Why choose 5 NATO rifles that all fire the 5.56? Where's the SCAR-H and it's 7.63 round? They had plenty of opportunity for variety and instead chose the route of sameness. I want variety in my weapons, I want them to have flaws and be good or bad depending on the situation. That no longer exists in this game.
That sameness comes from the customizable class system, not the guns themselves. Whether it's CoD, BC2, or another game with a similar system, this happens because you can combine so many different things together. When you can make all guns carry more ammo, make them all reload faster, make the all more powerful, make them all have scopes, they need to be made very similar or else balance issues arise.
Could you imagine BF2 with this sort of class system? Imagine if you could put the L85s SUSAT scope on the AK101, or make the DAO-12 reload twice as fast, or make snipers carry 4 claymores, or put a grenade launcher on the G36E. It would completely break the game. But when you have a 'set' weapon in a 'set' class, it makes it much easier to balance. The G36 might be accurate, but it can't launch grenades, it has shitty sights, you can't have ammo packs with it, and if you're using it, you won't be able to fight vehicles.
IMO the weapon selection is quite good in BC2, with some guns you don't see in many other games - the NS2000, the Abakan (with an actual 2000rpm fire mode!), the XM8 series, the VSS..... but the ability to customize everything drags them all down to the same level. I hope when BF2 BF3 comes out, it has the set classes and guns like the previous BF games.

Last edited by Sup3r_Dr4gon (2010-04-25 23:46:57)

thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

but it makes the gameplay suxx.
Then they should've picked a wider variety of weapons. There are hundreds of different weapon systems in the world right now and they chose a bunch that are similar in everything but looks. Why not the AK-47 and it's 7.62mm round? Why choose two Russian ARs that both shoot the 5.45mm? Why choose 5 NATO rifles that all fire the 5.56? Where's the SCAR-H and it's 7.63 round? They had plenty of opportunity for variety and instead chose the route of sameness. I want variety in my weapons, I want them to have flaws and be good or bad depending on the situation. That no longer exists in this game.
That sameness comes from the customizable class system, not the guns themselves. Whether it's CoD, BC2, or another game with a similar system, this happens because you can combine so many different things together. When you can make all guns carry more ammo, make them all reload faster, make the all more powerful, make them all have scopes, they need to be made very similar or else balance issues arise.
Could you imagine BF2 with this sort of class system? Imagine if you could put the L85s SUSAT scope on the AK101, or make the DAO-12 reload twice as fast, or make snipers carry 4 claymores, or put a grenade launcher on the G36E. It would completely break the game. But when you have a 'set' weapon in a 'set' class, it makes it much easier to balance. The G36 might be accurate, but it can't launch grenades, it has shitty sights, you can't have ammo packs with it, and if you're using it, you won't be able to fight vehicles.
IMO the weapon selection is quite good in BC2, with some guns you don't see in many other games - the NS2000, the Abakan (with an actual 2000rpm fire mode!), the XM8 series, the VSS..... but the ability to customize everything drags them all down to the same level. I hope when BF2 comes out, it has the set classes and guns like the previous BF games.
BF3 ?

and I belive I speak for all of us that we don't mean the weapons are the same if you look at the costumisations or not , atleast I think they're too similar when it comes to damage accurecy and so on , and the lacking abilety of switching to single fire on the more accurate assualtrifles makes it pointless using then ( that's what I think) so maybe if the AUG had a slower ROF or abilety to switch to SF I't be any good ...
Chou
+737|6789
As requested by the community
Ah, the whining mainstream population in all of your BF games, how could we forget to please them..
Maybe next time you could focus on game design and your MW2 wannabe maps.

I love spawning in front of enemies, in fact, make smaller maps because I want to kill more, die more and less playtime per battle.
1 flag in conquest is more than enough, also 6 tanks + 4 apc's would do perfectly fine in rush mode.
Give snipers a Nuke at 3 killstreak so we can all go home in rubberband body bags in the middle of a finally good close combat.

Could you do that for me Dice? I'll pay 10 bucks for all your shitty unlock codes in the future.. please rape this game like nobody else can.

You the best, Dice! Loving your Frostbite engine, not only is it sluggish like snail shit but it's also great for making movie-like games.
Fuck! More snow and sand shit on-screen please!
We also want more garbage on the street so we can break our fucking necks while heavily under fire.

This game gonna win 3 Oscars and I'm not kidding!!
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6380|the land of bourbon
wtf happened to the knife?  i mean, how is it i can stab and slash a guy multiple times, get the sound of steel contacting flesh, see blood spatter, but no hitreg?  i could deal with the awful aimbot, but now its not even registering half the time.  bullets still work, so i can't understand how this is happening. 

/rage
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
prototype
+52|6310

steelie34 wrote:

wtf happened to the knife?  i mean, how is it i can stab and slash a guy multiple times, get the sound of steel contacting flesh, see blood spatter, but no hitreg?  i could deal with the awful aimbot, but now its not even registering half the time.  bullets still work, so i can't understand how this is happening. 

/rage
this has happened to be once or twice but usually when the intended knife victim is standing in a door way

still made me angry
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5982|Perth, Australia
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6652
I find it so funny that they made the knife not work from behind.  If anything, I'd rather you be completely unable to knife someone facing you, which would actually be more realistic.  A coup de grace should require that someone is at least relatively unaware or incapacitated.

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2010-05-03 23:42:42)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Zukabazuka
+23|6684

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I think you guys didn't understand my point.

Now lets say I've just had my body riddled with holes by an M60 cunt, and my now resting corps gets 700 volts through it's heart and I magically stand up.

Now, this is where my problem starts: reviving.

AS SOON AS I GET REVIVED I get killed again, with no spawn protection delay. Now lets say for once the M60 fag goes for the medic instead, and I blow his ugly face away. Now he gets revived, and as soon as he's up, I empty my magazine into him.

HE DOESN'T DIE, yet I can be killed instantly after being resuscitated.  Yet he has fucking spawn protection. WTF?
If you shoot right after being revived you lose the spawn protection, If you don't shoot you will be able to take stand there for 2-5 seconds before you will take damage you can even move around during that time, I don't know if switching weapon or reloading it cause you to lose it.

Yeah the knife acting weird sometimes is annoying.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6749

steelie34 wrote:

/rage
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
Well pissed off at this just now. Crept up behind three guys all busy shooting the other way. I then knife the first guy from behind and see the blood splatter, but yet he doesnt die. So I then knife again, blood but no death, again I knife and no death. By this time one of the other guys turns round and shoots me!

Even with the fucking clunky motion knifing action from beta would have been better than that!
/rage
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5996
The retarded knife fucks me over all the time too. Really addicted to it as I have over 700 kills with it (pre-patch it was better) though. I hate the fact that you can carve a fucking swastika in the guys back and he does not die. This stupid 'feature' stole many a kill from me.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

I still when I knife a door, but end up knifing the guy behind the door instead.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

So um, how does DICE manage to get the friends list working properly, and then fuck it up worse than it was at release. Oh wait, I answered my own question; it's DICE.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6342

mtb0minime wrote:

So um, how does DICE manage to get the friends list working properly, and then fuck it up worse than it was at release. Oh wait, I answered my own question; it's DICE.
It does not show me whether a friend is in a game or not, yet I´m able to join if I hit the arrow

WTF is up with THAT?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Yeah I was able to click a friend's name and join his game, even though it said he was offline.

But I still can't join anyone in a game if they're further down the list and I have to scroll
Chou
+737|6789
What's with all these French fucking team killers?
Getting shot in the back of the head once is okay but twice and randomly killing other squad mates out of the fucking blue..

Whenever I check these team killing fags, they are from France! All of them!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467

Chou wrote:

Getting shot in the back of the head once is okay but twice and randomly killing other squad mates out of the fucking blue..

Pro tip: FF = Off makes for less rage in all games.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Chou wrote:

Pro tip: FF = Off makes for less rage in all games.
I agree with this statement.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6808|Marathon, Florida Keys
I get worse and worse the more i play, been watching my kdr slowly drop. Sick of getting shot in the fucking back all the time.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6593|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
I've hit a glass ceiling in it, I have 90% of the medals and i don't want to get the rest. So I'm saying fuck it, I'll go play TF2 instead.
Jaekus
+957|5177|Sydney

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

I get worse and worse the more i play, been watching my kdr slowly drop. Sick of getting shot in the fucking back all the time.
Protip: Try facing your enemy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard