frankhamand
=MIA=
+17|6615
Take a look at this anoying bug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbcUM619 … nife%20bug

It happens to me all the time, and gets me killed a lot because I think i've knifed someone and their dead, then they turn round and shoot me
[BS]_Bone_
+17|6627|USA
damn you shanked him like 7 times, yeah i will do that to but it is supposed to be a 1 hit kill

i think it is good you pointed that out
Sambuccashake
+126|6650|Sweden
Arghhh!
That have happened to me quite a few times and the dude turns around with a surprised look on his face and deliver a good measure of lead in my head.

Now I make damn well sure the guy goes down before I move on.

//Jensa
<b|k> lukie
+7|6762|Germany
OMG! BF2 is a collection of BUGs and design mistakes.

Can someone tell me, why i need 2 stabs with a knife 90% of the time to kill standing targets? And why do i manage to kill bunnyhoppers with 1 stab???
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6667|UK
I only occasionaly get this and its normaly only the one 'miss stab'

annoying still
pwned7
+53|6618
i get this all the time. the name of the game should be bugfield 2
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6750|austria

<b|k> lukie wrote:

SO u played 274 hours a crap game with nothing more than bugs and mistakes? pathetic..
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
dubbs
+105|6672|Lexington, KY

[BS]_Bone_ wrote:

damn you shanked him like 7 times, yeah i will do that to but it is supposed to be a 1 hit kill

i think it is good you pointed that out
I have notice lately, since patch 1.22 for sure, that it take two hits to kill someone now.  When there is not enough people on our clan server, we have a knife only fights if everyone want too (great way to past time, and very funny).  I have noticed in those fights that it takes 2 hits.
<b|k> lukie
+7|6762|Germany

TeK||drake666 wrote:

<b|k> lukie wrote:

SO u played 274 hours a crap game with nothing more than bugs and mistakes? pathetic..
I didnt say 'nothing more then'. BF2 has its excellent and his bad parts.
FriiginChomper
+41|6741
that happens to me alot, but i only stab him once, then the second time i stab him, he dies
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6637|Seattle

I think you guys need to invest in a wet stone. Rusty blades are bad. Mmmmmmkay?
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6725|Seattle
The most of those I've gotten is two.
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6622|Eastern USA
I've gotten 5 in a row but that was with a laggy server. This is the numero uno thing I want EA to fix because I personally love knifing, but when needing 2-3 hits against every guy you come across I've given up hope..
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6629|California U.S.A

frankhamand wrote:

Take a look at this anoying bug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbcUM619 … nife%20bug

It happens to me all the time, and gets me killed a lot because I think i've knifed someone and their dead, then they turn round and shoot me
I got in a knife duel a few days ago playing Dragon Valley we were both Snipers at the time we each must have hit each other 3 times a piece.  It felt like we were "Highlanders" and finally I got to chop his head off via my knife finally "hitting", but as I was trying to absord his soul energy I got light up by a salvo of Heli rockets...I don't remember that part watching the Highlander movie???

But yes, that knife hit detection is quite crappy.

Last edited by Seal 3 (2006-04-28 11:54:41)

PRiMACORD
+190|6665|Home of the Escalade Herds
Got this a few times but never more then once in a row, good job frapsing it, +1
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6636|England
Go for the legs, particularly the knees, it works every time.
PapaTango69
+1|6830|NoneYA

pwned7 wrote:

I agree 100% Can't get a one stab kill when your're close enough to tie his boot laces together, but you can get a kill from 6-8 ft away .....go figure
frankhamand
=MIA=
+17|6615
I've also started noticing this bug with shootings, I think its not just knife bug, but Hit bug..i'll try to fraps me unloading a clip into someones head and nothing happening
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6694|Westminster, Colorado
I have a method where I will go prone, stab, and then get up quickly by pressing crouch.  However, I will not hit them if I do it too fast (just get the dust cloud).  Apparently, I have to go prone, wait a second then stab or it will not work. 

Sucks since I like to knife as quick as possible.
LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6622
I fucking hate when that happens. I knife someone and he doesnt die and he turns around and magically headshots me.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6686
Nothing like a puff of smoke rising off a guys chest to damper your spirit. I think my record is around 4 smoke clouds.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6625|Seattle
Yeah, happens all the time, I hate it.

It is still definitely possible to get one hit knifes.

I wonder if some patches of the uniform are invinceable?

I've noticed that if u are looking at the profile of a support players body and u shoot the backpack part of him you get the same puff of smoke instead of a hit probably because in reality you didnt hit a part of his body. You also can not give damage to an antitank soldier if you shoot at the AT launcher on his back.

Its hard to believe that is true based on the video, though, unless there is an invinceable portion of flak jacket coded into the upper chest and upper back, which I doubt.

Those puffs make me always swing twice when i knife, just in case.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6779|Toronto | Canada

pwned7 wrote:

EA bugs, its in the game
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6611|USA
Its not completely a bug. for those two knifers, that happens because you hit the persons body armor instead of flesh. as for the guy on the mg, that could simply have been because he was on an mg.
Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6699|SoCal
Did you guys miss the notes that came with the update?

1 = Butterknife (50% chance to kill unless target is a stick of butter, 100%))
2 = Pistol
3 = Primary Weapon
7 = REAL Knife (100% chance to kill)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard