blacksheepcannibal
+24|6778
Well, you see...I hate the map "Strike at Karkand" and I dont play it.

But for some reason,

THAT IS ALL THAT COMES UP WHEN I WANT TO JOIN A SERVER.

most of the time.

sometimes, its 24/7 Wake. sometimes.

I was not aware that I bought the "Deluxe" Edition of Battlefield 2 - you guys should really invest in it. It costs the exact same as vanilla BF2, only you get more than 2 maps! I mean, I have like 6 or 7 more maps that almost everybody else that plays BF2!
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6796|AUS, Canberra
i know,
if you wana play in aus late at night its almost always only wake or karkand.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6762|Salt Lake City

You will probably find that Karkand is going to be one of the most popular maps as long as people play BF2.  Much of it largely due to there be no air vehicles on the map. 

If I were you, I would try adjusting some of your filter parameters.  I have no problems seeing many other maps besides Karkand.
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6778
Filter parameters? Feh. As though they work. Try as I might, I cannot remove karkand as the most popular map. (i really wish all the people that farmed points on karkand would go play UT or CS). I generally search for a battlecomm map, low ping, not full, not empty, ranked, any size, then filter by ping.

with the wonderful gamespy filters, even entering anything into the search fields guarentees you that it will crash the search engine, requireing a restart of the game.

Thank you EA for using Gamespy!
BMAsRevenge
+3|6631
Do you have  the updated version? What version number are you running?

I see over 1000 servers with the ranked server filter on.  A few thousand more servers show up if I take the ranked filter off.
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6778
I am running 1.22 with EF and SF. I can get plenty of servers to come up

problem is that they are all karkand
BMAsRevenge
+3|6631
I'm not sure still if your on the right version.

When you load BF2 under the quit button it should show you the exact version you are running there have been several incremental updates after the main one. My current version number under the quit button is 1.1.2720 
You said you are on 1.22 not real postitive on version numbers but I believe were on 1.27 Other than that I have no idea why you can't see more than karkland Although it is popular it still only accounts for about 30% of my servers listed.
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6748
I read somewhere that having a maximum of 5 checked filters  works better, preferrably 4.
Did you try with the Battlecom maps deselected; i.e. unchecked filter?

I have 5 filters checked: ranked, not empty, same version, no password and punkbuster.
I get about a thousend servers total in the list. (latest patch v 1.22).

Last edited by MajorHoulahan_MASH (2006-05-01 17:33:53)

EvilJebus
+11|6651
I don't know if you guys got this, but I'm PRETTY sure that he is being scarcastic here. You see, people sometimes pretend to say one thing, but they really mean the opposite. They do this to express their opinion in a more elegant way. In this case, I think he's poking fun at how all the people that play this game are either tank whore or people who whine about tank whores and yet they only play Karkand 24/7 because the think things like planes and helicopters should be taken out of the game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard