JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6771|Canada, Ont
(This Post Inspired By The Post About The War Collage Ribbon Being To Hard)

They need to dumb down the Hours for the Vehicles Hour Requirements. None of them Should Exceed 200h for Expert Level Badge, I think the Armor one is 400h ...Thats more Hours then I have Globaly, Thats Kinda Steep.

40 Hours For Veterin Armor, Helecopter, Aviator
100 Hours For Expert Armor, Helecopter, Aviator

10 Hours For Ground Defense, AA Defense
30 Hours For Ground Defense, AA Defense

18 Heals, Resupply, Repair Points In A Round For Experts.

Calculating Total Global Hours Required For 100% All Experts is Between 1800 and 2200 Hours.

(Because you can be in a Vehicle and Get Time For That Vehicle and Kit at Same Time)

Give me a "I Agree" if you Agree.

Open for Discussion, Thats why its Here.
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6795|Canberra, Australia
Yeah scary, how much time would that be if you played for about 2hrs a day, how many months?
nayo450
+-1|6794
more like how many years?
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6783|The Hague, Holland

Who would sit in a tank, helicopter, airplane for 100 hours. Who would do that?
That like sitting in a vehicle doing nothing for over what? 250 matches?
That sh*t aint fun
fateit
+0|6820|Tacoma, Wa
Hour are steep sure, but just last week I got over 50 heal points in a round
of course it was on Strike, but I digress. The problem I've noticed lately is
it's insanely impossible to get repair points, I've played just about 80 hours
as an Engi and now that the Vet badge is alot more reasonable to get, it seems
impossible to get the repair points.

Last edited by fateit (2005-10-20 13:57:19)

joelo59
+0|6752
Yeah I Just Got 276 Total Hours Since The Game Got Out Last Summer.  For Expert Armor Alones Its 250 Hours.  I Will Get It Next Year Maybe!!!! Lol  I Hope They Lower Some Total Hours, Because For The Average Gamer And Most Of Fans This Requirements Are Imposible.
Aquafina
+0|6653

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

40 Hours For Veterin Armor, Helecopter, Aviator

10 Hours For Ground Defense, AA Defense
30 Hours For Ground Defense, AA Defense
I believe this would be a good time for them:
5 Hours For Ground Defence, AA Defense
10 Hours for Ground Defence, AA Defense
80 Hours for Veteran Armor, Helecopter, Aviator
200 Hours for Expert Armor, Helecopter, Aviator
If you have the expert armor, and just joined BF2 a month ago. You have no life.
ricko867
+0|6665
if EA made them to easy to get, some but not all will finish playing the game once they have all the badges, my personal feeling who cares about badges just  go and play its just a great game.
Bronco...{TFL}
+0|6674
I dont feel that the vehicle hours should change, but i dont think they need to lower the defense badges. I mean seriously 15hrs on a tow gets old real quick
cat4ever
+69|6754|CATALONIA
I agree , it's hard to get those badges!
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6779|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

joelo59 wrote:

Yeah I Just Got 276 Total Hours Since The Game Got Out Last Summer.  For Expert Armor Alones Its 250 Hours.  I Will Get It Next Year Maybe!!!! Lol  I Hope They Lower Some Total Hours, Because For The Average Gamer And Most Of Fans This Requirements Are Imposible.

cat3ever wrote:

I agree, it's hard to get those badges!
Okay, these badges are called "Expert" for a reason. They aren't supposed to be easy to get.

IronGeek wrote:

Yeah scary, how much time would that be if you played for about 2hrs a day, how many months?
7 months if you were able to spend all of your time in a specific vehicle. Are you an advocate for shortening the lifespan of this game? Do you have an issue like ADHD where you can't play the same game for 2-3 years? The dedicated player (1-2 hour a day) should be able to accomplish the highest ranks and and a few of the expert badges over a few years of play - and will put in the time if the game is that good. Only those who truly obsess over the game will get every award available.

Bronco...{TFL} wrote:

I dont feel that the vehicle hours should change, but i dont think they need to lower the defense badges. I mean seriously 15hrs on a tow gets old real quick
Use the tried and true method of sitting in it while commanding. Almost everyone I know of who has veteran or expert did it this way.

You think the requirements are high now? Remember now many were 1000 hours before the 1.03 patch?

In one of the interviews with Dice around the time of the 1.03 patch they said something about how they had set the ranks and badges by using estimates from player data taken from BF1942 (it worries me how they got it without some sort of tracking system... but I digress). They responded and lowered the requirements for ranks, badges and medals.

Now you want them even lower? I find it frustrating enough that there are several thousand Sergeant Majors already (I've had mine since October 4th - aka 1.03 patch 'Promotion Day'). I know people complain about how much time requirements there are for the badges, but that is a sign of dedication to the task. You want your shiny objects at the cost of making them meaningless to those with more effort put into this game.

Also, if you guys are going to rant about required hours and stuff, at least make your stats available by a link in your sig or put your ID into your BF2s account profile so that a link appears by your name. Then we'll all be able to see how much effort you've put into the game before complaining about this.

My point in short is: Expert badges should mean something! Don't let your selfish drive to get them easily ruin the game for those who worked longer/harder.

Edit: typo correction and more accenting

Last edited by Gilgalad (2006-02-13 12:03:20)

mayhemo4r
+0|6652|CA
repair points are the evil ones the time it takes to get one repair point is to long I tried to get the expert engineer but gave up when in my best round I got about 15 and that was hiding on warlord (SAS) while our command assets where under constant attack and repairing the vehicles trying to defend our base and the incredible 20 on Karkand under the same standards and that was the most stessfull hours I every played. Once I get all the expert awards than I'll try agian but that will be a while away and possibly never. EA help the poor engineer PLEASE!
vieredcap
+1|6660
true, i havent managed to get 10 repair points in one round so far, 8 was the best i think..
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6706|Central Valley,California
Only Engineer should be lowered, just to 20 points. 400 hours in a tank? Sure it's alot but its EXPERT!
mayhemo4r
+0|6652|CA

vieredcap wrote:

true, i havent managed to get 10 repair points in one round so far, 8 was the best i think..
look for a server that allows baseraping ((whatever that is) and hang out warlord, karkand or anything with one side having all their bases cappable) sit & wait and while your at it command to get more time and points there. I look at most of the expert badges and the only one that seems to be out of reach is engineer (and possibly pistol but for awhile I said that about knife) without some help on how quickly certain items or vehciles repair. I think it was after 1.03 when they changed how the helicopters repair it seemed slower to repair and get points.
It a depends on the player if you want to get expert badges across the board or just focus on the kits and items you like to use the most but any award should come with a sense of accomplishment. look at some fo the new rank requirements you need some badges to get certain "higher ranks"
http://bf2tracker.com/thread.php?postid … post163203

Last edited by mayhemo4r (2006-02-13 14:17:30)

JudgeDredd1824
+32|6655|Wigan an proud of it mate !
Think that bad, see how long it will take to get my Navy Seal Special Service medal in SF (at my current SF play rate) its will take me 368,000 days... over 1000 years.
If u want all the medals in SF, and played 24/7 365 days a year, it would still take 3 years...

JudgeDredd1824
+32|6655|Wigan an proud of it mate !
Oh yeah, I do agree that they should be hard.... but 1000 years.... C'mon
I have over 300 hrs, so don't doubt my dedication, I have worked long and hard for the basic badges, and have 6 veterans, the expert requirements are small potatoes compared to the SF medal requirements.
e-i-u-benjamin
WoeKoeMakaLaLaLoekieWaWa
+40|6761|The Netherlands
lowranked noobs thats what they are
aussiepope
+0|6826|darwin australia
the only ones that i think take too much time are AA and ground defence. my highest amount of kills on aa is 29 iar (dalian plant as pla sittin on southdocks aa, even shot down a few planes that round but mainly helo's)
was thinkin to my self wtf havent i got vet badge atleast??? only to check and find out you need 30 hrs for vet

grrrrrrr not happy
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6740
You are not entitled to a badge.  Not everyone is going to be an expert at everything.   IF they were, the whole concept of badges, ESPECIALLY EXPERT, is diminished
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6810|Marathon, Florida Keys
start feeling sorry for us players that are near major general (180,000 points) when the new patch comes out, expert badges for all vehicles is one of the requirements.

Last edited by .:ronin:.|Patton (2006-02-13 19:11:50)

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Flyboy63
+8|6705|South Australia
Agreed.

IMO we're not ALL on welfare...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard