Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
Today I bought a Samsung P2350 monitor. Installation was simple and it looks great.

However, after installing MagicTune I get the following error:

"This Computer system does not support MagicTune. Click the OK button and click on the "Goto MagicTune Web Site" button to refer to the home page."

Thing is, I did this first, and installed the latest version compatible for my OS (Windows 7 Ultimate 64).

I've reinstalled 3 times, and also tried the version that comes with the monitor on the CD, which didn't work of course. I've googled and looked through the manual but I can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I installed the driver from the site, and have tried both with the "LCD Gamma" in the system tray and without. When I close "LCD Gamma" in the system tray and try to open MagicTune it comes up with "Monitor Change Has Been Detected. Press Ok To Reload Monitor Information. This will take some time..."

It'll do whatever it needs to do for a minute and then come up with the same error message "This Computer system does not support MagicTune..." etc.

Any ideas?

My computer specs are in my sig.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

try procmon to see what files or registry keys might be failing to hit (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi … 96645.aspx). Just run it, go through the install steps then pause it after failure, the analyze.

Also, anything in the event logs?

Last edited by jsnipy (2010-04-26 21:03:32)

Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
Hmm. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, so here's what I did. Installed, ran the program, turned off "capture events", double clicked MagicTune (shortcut), clicked "capture events", had the error, turned off capture.

I found it came up twice with path "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CTF\KnownClasses" under the MagicTune process name as a result of "NAME NOT FOUND". Under "detail" it said "Desired Access: Read"

Also, I found a thread on another forum, it mentioned that the 5770 (same card as mine) is not on their compatibility list. WTF?!

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/lear … ility.html
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
So, if I can't use MagicTune, is there a third party program you'd recommend to calibrate my monitor?

Thanks for the reply.
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
Cmon guys, surely someone knows of a decent third party monitor calibration software.
I have my new shiny thing and I want to do stuff to it.
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
Ah well.

I tried a few different programs but they were crap. The best results for me was from an online page here.

Plus I learned where my monitor doesn't perform, and more importantly why (mainly due to being a TN panel).
JimRBarrett
Disabled
+0|3928
Have moved a Samsung monitor from one older Dell Optiplex running X-P to a more recent model, still running X-P, but the montior colors and contrast are now all messed up. Screen has a pinkish tone and colors are exaggerated, with greens as yellow and yellow as orange. Tried downloading Magic Tune for X-P, but hasn't really helped. Any ideas about wehat has gone wrong and how to correct?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard