Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621
the geopolitics has less to do with islamic belief and more to do generally with political radicalism and instability that is always found in post/neo-colonial states. look at africa, they had the same and many of their states were explicitly christian and catholic: there is always a phase after alleviating imperial rule when a country has extreme political beliefs, normally right-wing and fascistic, sometimes utopian and left-wing communistic. it's a phase. they're 100 years behind the western world in terms of developing democracy. the fact that their moral system, legal systems and government is influenced or ran by islamic principles/doctrine has little to do with it. the violence, unrest and possibility of revolution(s) is not a uniquely islamic characteristic.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6802|USA

Uzique wrote:

the geopolitics has less to do with islamic belief and more to do generally with political radicalism and instability that is always found in post/neo-colonial states. look at africa, they had the same and many of their states were explicitly christian and catholic: there is always a phase after alleviating imperial rule when a country has extreme political beliefs, normally right-wing and fascistic, sometimes utopian and left-wing communistic. it's a phase. they're 100 years behind the western world in terms of developing democracy. the fact that their moral system, legal systems and government is influenced or ran by islamic principles/doctrine has little to do with it. the violence, unrest and possibility of revolution(s) is not a uniquely islamic characteristic.
the exucses not withstanding, I don't give a shit what happened 1000 years ago or what will happen 100 years from now. I live in the here and now, and in this era, Islam is the headliner fucked up religion of the world and the world has noticed. Stop with the excuses.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621
it is a consequence of our influence in the last 5 years, 25 years, 50 years, 100 years ago... there are no excuses. i am not deriving the reason for the instability in the middle-east from medieval feudal-era crusades, or blaming it on the might of the vatican. since the closure of the great war, the dissection of the former empires and the colonial scrambles, we have been jacking the region. the current political regimes that they have in many of the terrorism/extremist 'hotspots' are all deeply knotted up in decades of economic, political and violent turmoil with the west; whether it be direct involvement in the states in question, or by fucking with their culturally and religiously allied neighbors. stop making your own mental excuses: you've been fucking around in the middle-east yourself in the last decade. that's not the second great crusade. that's the 21st century.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6802|USA

Uzique wrote:

it is a consequence of our influence in the last 5 years, 25 years, 50 years, 100 years ago... there are no excuses. i am not deriving the reason for the instability in the middle-east from medieval feudal-era crusades, or blaming it on the might of the vatican. since the closure of the great war, the dissection of the former empires and the colonial scrambles, we have been jacking the region. the current political regimes that they have in many of the terrorism/extremist 'hotspots' are all deeply knotted up in decades of economic, political and violent turmoil with the west; whether it be direct involvement in the states in question, or by fucking with their culturally and religiously allied neighbors. stop making your own mental excuses: you've been fucking around in the middle-east yourself in the last decade. that's not the second great crusade. that's the 21st century.
That region is rich with natural resources. resources the rest of world developed for them and now buys from them. It is not stolen. An economy has thus been created that should sustain the region. However, their govts. has kept the people down and then blames the west for their poverty.
They use religion to justify their hatred for the west. So be it. Direct your hatred where it belongs, the people and govt of the ME Islamic nations.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621
i think you have a poor understanding of neocolonialism and just what happens to a country, its people and the psychology/mentality of the repressed and marginalized. you're being very reductionist and you're over-simplifying extremely complex political and cultural processes to bluntly back-up your vague and frighteningly obtuse racism. resources and the oil-issue is a single and rather small part of a much bigger, multifaceted, dynamic picture. it is most definitely not that simple. we have not helped them at all.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

That region is rich with natural resources. resources the rest of world developed for them and now buys from them. It is not stolen. An economy has thus been created that should sustain the region. However, their govts. has kept the people down and then blames the west for their poverty.
They use religion to justify their hatred for the west. So be it. Direct your hatred where it belongs, the people and govt of the ME Islamic nations.
that would be great if you stayed consistent with that bit of logic but that logic also allows for the destruction of the WTC and the attack on the pentagon as legitimate acts of aggression.
Tu Stultus Es
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6802|USA

eleven bravo wrote:

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

that would be great if you stayed consistent with that bit of logic but that logic also allows for the destruction of the WTC and the attack on the pentagon as legitimate acts of aggression.
We develop oil refineries, create a market for oil based products, provide an economy for that region, the money is horded by their govt. and this gives them reason to blow us up? Ya lost me..
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6802|USA

Uzique wrote:

i think you have a poor understanding of neocolonialism and just what happens to a country, its people and the psychology/mentality of the repressed and marginalized. you're being very reductionist and you're over-simplifying extremely complex political and cultural processes to bluntly back-up your vague and frighteningly obtuse racism. resources and the oil-issue is a single and rather small part of a much bigger, multifaceted, dynamic picture. it is most definitely not that simple. we have not helped them at all.
Perhaps I am, however the reasons they give for blowing us up is religious based. I take their word for it. talk to them about their "real" reasons.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621
the reasons the poorly-educated and misrepresentative extremists give is religious. idiots and extremists resort to irrational, extreme, unfounded measures. the wider discontent however and the events that have precipitated reactions and acts of 'aggression' from the middle-east are firmly in our bag'o'responsibility. just because some cave-dwellers with weapons and a will to use them cite their prophet as their inspiration, it doesn't mean that the governments and ordinary citizens of islamic nations - even ones that are in turmoil because of the west, or their own (necessary) political revolutionizing and development - espouse the same views as their extreme factions.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6802|USA

Uzique wrote:

the reasons the poorly-educated and misrepresentative extremists give is religious. idiots and extremists resort to irrational, extreme, unfounded measures. the wider discontent however and the events that have precipitated reactions and acts of 'aggression' from the middle-east are firmly in our bag'o'responsibility. just because some cave-dwellers with weapons and a will to use them cite their prophet as their inspiration, it doesn't mean that the governments and ordinary citizens of islamic nations - even ones that are in turmoil because of the west, or their own (necessary) political revolutionizing and development - espouse the same views as their extreme factions.
It is also supported by those that do not actually take up arms. The Islamic world errupted in celebration over the attacks. Yes even those that did not actually "pull the trigger". the mentality is the same.

If you tell it is because of your relgion that you try and kill me, I am going to believe you. If support is shown to you by by-standers I will like wise fit that piece into the puzzle.

Fact is we pump billions into this region, do not blame us if the money hits a brick wall at their govt.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621
the islamic world celebrated because of the history and the attitude that we have bred... the things i have been speaking about. this does not mean that the RELIGION itself is a religion of VIOLENCE - the reasons for their celebration and joy at a middle-eastern 'victory' over the western world are POLITICAL-ECONOMICAL-SOCIAL, not THEOLOGICAL. that's as simple as i can make it. the citizens of the region's sympathies may lie with their own martyrs, but it does not mean that each and every one of them would take up arms, or even scorn a christian/westerner. they are just trying to earn their own complete independence- economically/fiscally, politically, and (most importantly i feel) culturally.

you honestly cannot tell me that because we are busy utilizing our capitalism to corporate-pillage the region of its resources that they are in any way being enriched or pacified. the citizens hate the injection of western cash- it amounts to gross materialism, capitalistic greed and the spread of western consumerist culture. the world's measure and criterion of happiness doesn't all amount to a 4 bedroom house in suburbia, a mercedes and a 50" television. these people don't want our money and our dubai-like edifices of greed; our monuments and megaliths of iniquity. this is just in fact a symptom of neocolonialism; this is a term i have used many times to you and, in light of your responses, i really do not think you understand it. look it up, please. throwing money at them and signing oil-deals is just a further perpetuation of the fiscal power-relationship between west and middle-east; we are further propagating our (indirect) control and influence over the region. much like japan and imperial china, cultures and countries opposed to the occidental world often prefer to be isolationist and economically self-sustaining. we are pretty much making that an industrial and diplomatic impossibility for them. they don't like it. nor should they-- they've been under our thumb or somehow indebted into our pockets since we carved up their maps after the fall of the ottoman empire.

please do a research
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6802|USA

Uzique wrote:

the islamic world celebrated because of the history and the attitude that we have bred... the things i have been speaking about. this does not mean that the RELIGION itself is a religion of VIOLENCE - the reasons for their celebration and joy at a middle-eastern 'victory' over the western world are POLITICAL-ECONOMICAL-SOCIAL, not THEOLOGICAL. that's as simple as i can make it. the citizens of the region's sympathies may lie with their own martyrs, but it does not mean that each and every one of them would take up arms, or even scorn a christian/westerner. they are just trying to earn their own complete independence- economically/fiscally, politically, and (most importantly i feel) culturally.

you honestly cannot tell me that because we are busy utilizing our capitalism to corporate-pillage the region of its resources that they are in any way being enriched or pacified. the citizens hate the injection of western cash- it amounts to gross materialism, capitalistic greed and the spread of western consumerist culture. the world's measure and criterion of happiness doesn't all amount to a 4 bedroom house in suburbia, a mercedes and a 50" television. these people don't want our money and our dubai-like edifices of greed; our monuments and megaliths of iniquity. this is just in fact a symptom of neocolonialism; this is a term i have used many times to you and, in light of your responses, i really do not think you understand it. look it up, please. throwing money at them and signing oil-deals is just a further perpetuation of the fiscal power-relationship between west and middle-east; we are further propagating our (indirect) control and influence over the region. much like japan and imperial china, cultures and countries opposed to the occidental world often prefer to be isolationist and economically self-sustaining. we are pretty much making that an industrial and diplomatic impossibility for them. they don't like it. nor should they-- they've been under our thumb or somehow indebted into our pockets since we carved up their maps after the fall of the ottoman empire.

please do a research
It is a religion of violence and intolerance. Before their was the US, or Israel or oil etc....There was the Koran and Muhammad, his teachings and actions wer eof violence and the spread of Islam by the sword. so please, spare me the "its not a religion of violence" bullshit. Also stop with the endless string of exucuses to justify the actions of blowing up women and children  and the celebrations that follow.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621
15th time we've talked about blowing up people... what's fucking new? IRA blow shit up, they're christians.

so...

you're tired of me discussing christian atrocity, inhumanity and terrorism in pre-1900, medieval and biblical times...

but then you don't want to hear about the modern-day cause of islamic tension in the middle-east... because after i explain in brief what has caused the current geopolitical climate, you regress to the Koran-era with more vague, tenuous bullshit that illustrates no real knowledge of scripture or ancient history.

how exactly do you make a point with you? you're spluttering melodramatic bullshit and swinging pendulously from ancient<->modern. your argument is going nowhere; it's awful, simply awful.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5329|Sydney
It's like the reaction to Uzique's argument is "Gah, you're making sense and I don't know what to say to it!".
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621
i'll whup his ass at historical-bickering and contemporary politics.

all he's got is the tabloid-histrionics: CHILDREN ARE BEING BLOWN UP BY CAVE-DWELLING SAVAGES!

like i said a few pages back: save it for the alabama soapbox, it doesn't work for any half-intelligent bf2s reader
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6802|USA

Uzique wrote:

15th time we've talked about blowing up people... what's fucking new? IRA blow shit up, they're christians.

so...

you're tired of me discussing christian atrocity, inhumanity and terrorism in pre-1900, medieval and biblical times...

but then you don't want to hear about the modern-day cause of islamic tension in the middle-east... because after i explain in brief what has caused the current geopolitical climate, you regress to the Koran-era with more vague, tenuous bullshit that illustrates no real knowledge of scripture or ancient history.

how exactly do you make a point with you? you're spluttering melodramatic bullshit and swinging pendulously from ancient<->modern. your argument is going nowhere; it's awful, simply awful.
The IRA does not blow shit up in the name of Christ.

They tell us why they fight, not you. they fight for religion, as told by them. YOU are not their spokes person, and they do not need you rationalizing their violence for them.

Islam was and still is violent from its beginning to now, if not for oil any excuse will do, any excuse has always suited it.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6802|USA

Uzique wrote:

i'll whup his ass at historical-bickering and contemporary politics.

all he's got is the tabloid-histrionics: CHILDREN ARE BEING BLOWN UP BY CAVE-DWELLING SAVAGES!

like i said a few pages back: save it for the alabama soapbox, it doesn't work for any half-intelligent bf2s reader
Never said anything about cave dwelling savages. Those that do this know exactly what they are doing, and why. and the history you cite is not among the excuses used.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6922|PNW

lowing wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

but people on here do.  and its fucking lame that people cry and moan when its islam and lol when its some other religion.
I don't like people calling Christians violent because a group of Jesus whackos does something stupid, so meh.
The second Christianity make a name for itself as an international terror threat, we will talk about it, until then no worries.
It is important to remember. The world has not labeled Islam......Members of Islam has labeled themselves and are proud of their claims and their action in the name of thier religion

It is not people who just happen to be MUslim carrying out these attacks and threats. It is people carrying out these threats and attacks BECAUSE, in their own words, they are Muslim and it is their duty. DO not blame those of us that simply take them for their word.
Members of Islam. Not all of Islam. Occurrence is markedly higher in Islam than in Christianity, but this has more to do with regional destitution, corruption and low levels of education. Blame can be partly attributed to the west (Christianity, for all intents and purposes), dinking around with borders and governments in the first place; and not only to the growing insularity of Islam in the past few hundred years.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-04-27 19:05:28)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6802|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I don't like people calling Christians violent because a group of Jesus whackos does something stupid, so meh.
The second Christianity make a name for itself as an international terror threat, we will talk about it, until then no worries.
It is important to remember. The world has not labeled Islam......Members of Islam has labeled themselves and are proud of their claims and their action in the name of thier religion

It is not people who just happen to be MUslim carrying out these attacks and threats. It is people carrying out these threats and attacks BECAUSE, in their own words, they are Muslim and it is their duty. DO not blame those of us that simply take them for their word.
Members of Islam. Not all of Islam. Occurrence is markedly higher in Islam than in Christianity, but this has more to do with regional destitution, corruption and low levels of education. Blame can be partly attributed to the west (Christianity, for all intents and purposes), dinking around with borders and governments in the first place; and not only to the growing insularity of Islam in the past few hundred years.
You can say what you want, the truth lies in the teachings, actions of Muhammad and the writings in Koran. Everything else is smoke, mirrors,  excuses, weak rationalzations, bullshit justifications, and rediculous politcal correctness.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5329|Sydney

lowing wrote:

Christianity has done it for millenia. You only have to look at history to see countless examples. These days of course things a little different, well, on a wide scale anyway. You still get nutjobs gunning down couples at abortion clinics and murdering homosexuals in the name of god.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6555|North Carolina

Uzique wrote:

please do a research
Yet...  at the same time, the very existence of the Ottoman Empire was evidence of the conquering nature that much of Islamic society possesses that was similar to the Catholics before them.

While it might be true that much of the Islamic World isn't Western and has different priorities than we do, they share much of the same nature.  Both the West and the Islamic World are conquerors by nature.  The only difference is that the Islamic World finished most of their conquering before the later colonial period.

So, while our own "corporate pillaging" can be somewhat to blame for the conflicts between us and the Islamic World, it's not like these areas were without their own versions of it -- although historically, they've preferred the more traditional war version.

Another thing to consider is that the Soviets spread quite a lot of anti-Western propaganda amongst the Middle East during the Cold War.  Unfortunately, a lot of the people bought into it and still do.

On a side note, however, many of these people do actually want some of the material comforts we have.  There's a good reason why much of Western media is heavily consumed by some of their markets.

So, while it would be incorrect to assume all of them want Western advances, it is also incorrect to assume all of them reject them.

Most of the conflicts are actually coming from the most radically conservative parts of their culture.  These are the traditionalists that want to control everyone.  In the long run, it would be best to eradicate the ultraconservatives, so that these cultures more functionally assimilate into a more modern global culture.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-04-27 21:41:49)

ruisleipa
+149|6372|teh FIN-land

Jaekus wrote:

lowing wrote:

Christianity has done it for millenia. You only have to look at history to see countless examples. These days of course things a little different, well, on a wide scale anyway. You still get nutjobs gunning down couples at abortion clinics and murdering homosexuals in the name of god.
yeah but lowing doens't give a shit about that cos they're not mooslims and don't fit into his irrational fear.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6802|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

lowing wrote:

yeah but lowing doens't give a shit about that cos they're not mooslims and don't fit into his irrational fear.
Nope, lowing does not give a shit about that because I live here and now not in the middle ages, and those that blow up abortion clinics have a different agenda than the fall of western civilization.

Here ya go with this "fear" non-sense again. I am not afraid, it is merely their stated intent of which I speak of.
ruisleipa
+149|6372|teh FIN-land

lowing wrote:

I am not afraid, it is merely their stated intent of which I speak of.
of course you are, otherwise you wouldn't go on about it all the time. self-denial tbh.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6802|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

I am not afraid, it is merely their stated intent of which I speak of.
of course you are, otherwise you wouldn't go on about it all the time. self-denial tbh.
It is current events, and controversial and denial such as yours interests me. what shall we discuss, I know, the crusades!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard