pace51
Boom?
+194|5143|Markham, Ontario
MOD EDIT: rearranged title -un13

Thurs. Apr. 22/10                                Pace51

Halo’s one and Two- A weapon Comparison

Halo 1 and 2 were both great games. They had more than decent graphics at their release, new styles of game play, and awesome storylines. The weapons, though, evolved quite interestingly. Below are the weapons featured in each Halo, and a comparison of both. Which version do you like better? Please post your opinion!

The pistol: Alright, this is no contest. The pistol in Halo one is almost unarguably the better of the two. In halo one; it featured the 2X zoom sight, which took some time getting accustomed to the fact that it was a pistol with zoom. Also, it was fully automatic and fired at a moderate rate. Also, it had a nice large clip. All of these factors combined really made the pistol awesome, and incredibly effective. In Halo 2, it was incredibly unfortunate that both the zoom and automatic firing were removed (However, this new semi-automatic magnum version could be fired much faster than the original pistol). To make matter’s worse, pistol’s were seldom to find, and even though they had a large clip, it was saddening that there was so little ammo available for them. The damage of the Halo 2 pistol seems to be slightly higher, if it is higher, but not by a lot. However, the dual wielding ability almost made the changes worthwhile. However, the Halo one pistol was better because it could be used as a primary weapon, and more often than not, players used it to complete entire levels. The Halo 2 pistol has limited ammo scattered around, no zoom, no automatic firing, and it’s pretty tiny. The Halo 2 pistol is more of a secondary weapon.

The SMG (Halo 2) vs. the Assault rifle (Halo 1): Although the assault rifle was returned in Halo 3, the similar characteristics of the assault rifle and the SMG are enough evidence to support the theory that the SMG was meant to replace the assault rifle, although Bungee had a change of heart and brought the AR back for halo 3. The only really differences of the AR and the SMG are the recoil and the new Halo 2 abilities. The AR and the SMG had crosshair’s that were almost certainly the same size. However, the SMG was worse at longer distances than the AR because the SMG had a severely high muzzle climb. However, they each had different tactical advantages. In Halo one, the AR was used as a reliable weapon that you could count on during entire levels. With lots of ammo scattered around and the handy compass/objective locater, plus the very useful bullet counter on the AR, it made a great weapon. The bullet counter was very useful because you wouldn’t have to look up at the top left corner to see your bullet count, which could distract you in a fire fight. The Halo 2 SMG’s tactical advantage was that it was a CQB commando weapon, because it was used in a similar way to the SAS’s mp5’s. Because it had a large muzzle climb, this was one weapon you had to dual wield to use effectively. Dual wielding allowed you to spray large amounts of bullets in short times, great for stopping elite’s from charging or taking out packs of grunts.

The Needler: The only difference between halo 1 and 2’s needlers was that Halo 2 introduced dual wielding. It basically went from the covenant’s handy pink super-cheap close range dominator to two handy pink super-cheap close range dominator’s, perhaps only being rivaled by the shotgun. The Halo2 needler could be used slightly more effectively because Binoculars were introduced, letting you judge if a Jackal’s shield is at an angle where it can deflect your needle rounds… etc.

The Shotgun: In halo one, its crosshairs have blue markings. In halo 2, the markings are green. It appears slightly shorter in halo 2, as well.

The Plasma Rifle: Like the needler, the only new advantage is that it now may be dual-wielded in Halo 2. Actually, scratch that. In Halo 2, it has more ammo. Whereas you would wear down 1 percent of the battery by shooting two shots in Halo 1, you wear down 1 percent of the battery by shooting three shots in halo 2. Aalso, in Halo 2, tapping once on the trigger discharges a two shot burst. Holding the trigger for longer allows standard automatic fire, not interrupted by bursts.

The Plasma Pistol: Even in Halo 1, it was the most unreliable weapon. In Halo 2, many more may be found, but their capabilities are even more terribile. In Halo one, you could lock on too an enemy from an incredibly long range when using the special pistol charge up ability, and send your plasma at them. In halo 2, you needed to be much closer to the target to lock on, and the damage of the standard plasma shots seemed to have been downgraded from the Halo 1 damage, really making the plasma pistol a useless secondary weapon.

The Sniper: Almost no difference from the Halo one snier, although you can now see the TV-zoom-scope without zooming in. The only difference appears to be that they are slightly more common. However, in Halo one, when you found a sniper, there was usually a hefty batch of ammo nearby. In Halo 2, the snipers usually only have decent amounts of ammo nearby, but not too much.

Fuel rod cannon: In Halo one, the Cannon ran on a battery. In Halo 2, it now has “Fuel rod clips”. The Halo 2 Cannon also has a higher velocity, making it less of a deadly mortar weapon and more of a medium- ranged Heavy Weapon. Oh, and the Halo 2 version is gold.

Sentry Guns: In halo 2, unlike in Halo one, you can pick them up, and the golden ones with blue lasers do more damage.

Energy Sword: Now you can use them in Halo 2.

Frag and Plasma Grenades: They each have had their splash damages severely lowered, and this makes the Frag almost useless, except against groups.

The Rocket Launcher: Its splash damage has been lowered, but it can now lock onto targets. Also, it follows a spinning path instead of a straight one too its targes, increasing the chance of a hit.

Plasma turrets: They are now much more potent, but with a slower rate of fire.
Sources: Halo: Combat evolved and Halo:2
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
So, who asked for this one?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aliens and doesnt afraid of anything.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
also most of this is just pure shit.

since when have plasma pistols ever been unreliable for one?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
pace51
Boom?

FatherTed wrote:

Since Halo 2 came out.

In my opinion, but I am biased.... I'm BR lover! Come on, my RWF died today. I'm grieving.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
The plasma pistol is not useless it can be quite useful especially while duel wielding it with an smg as human weapons tend to be good at killing unshielded units while plasma guns are good at taking down the shields of a target, plus the introduction in halo 3 making it an EMP weapon made it even better don't remember if it could disable vehicles temporarily in halo 2 only know it can in halo with its overcharge. Also it's overcharge not lock on. Needler in halo 2 I believe had a increase in rounds. The shotgun had an increase of bullets from 8 in halo 1 to 12 in halo 2. Also you forgot that the battle rifle and covenant carbine replaced the scope pistol in the marksman role.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

pace51 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Since Halo 2 came out.

In my opinion, but I am biased.... I'm BR lover! Come on, my RWF died today. I'm grieving.
Halo 2 MP games go like so;

PP+BR

overcharge+Y+RT once to head= dead person.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
pace51
Boom?

Poseidon wrote:

Who asked for anything else I wrote?
War Man

pace51 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Since Halo 2 came out.

In my opinion, but I am biased.... I'm BR lover!
I hate the BR, thank god it will be replaced by the DMR. It wasn't supposed to be the iconic weapon for Halo.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
This thread would be much better if it had pix.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

pace51 wrote:

Halo 1 and 2 were both great games.
Stopped reading.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
War Man

Finray wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Stopped reading.
Slapped finray
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

War Man wrote:

Finray wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Stopped reading.
Slapped finray
/slaped by breez
pace51
Boom?

Finray wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Stopped reading.
Cod lover.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
There are weapons other than the battle rifle in halo?
pace51
Boom?

Aries_37 wrote:

There are weapons other than the battle rifle in halo?
Theres the carbine...
War Man
Which will be replace with the Needle Rifle in Reach
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

What's a DMR?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

Ignoring that this is about Halo for a second, Live was turned off for original xbox titles a week or so ago so how is this useful to anyone at all? Halo 2/3 comparison maybe, but even that is pretty unimportant considering Reach is almost released.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

pace51 wrote:

Finray wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Stopped reading.
Cod lover.
Better than Halo imo.
War Man

Flecco wrote:

What's a DMR?
Designated Marksman Rifle.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

pace51 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Who asked for anything else I wrote?
  Poor choice of a rhetorical question for you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard