бля
+354|6008|Vortex Ring State
13/f/taiwan
+940|5707
There is racism everywhere.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6746|Oxferd Ohire

"Jakob Finci's Jewishness was an asset in the Bosnian war – he was a neutral party who helped 3,000 people flee the country. But now his religion means he is barred from public office"
How many European countries bar people of certain religions from being able to hold office.
It looks like Bosnia will have to change it if they want to get into the EU though.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Trotskygrad
бля

13/f/taiwan wrote:

but this is fucking blatant man.
zeidmaan
+234|6424|Vienna

Trotskygrad wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

But its also much more complicated than your usual racism. Its not like people in Bosnia hate Jews or Hindus or Buddhists etc. Its not that straight forward but unfortunately thats how its usually reported and understood by most people. Im not pointing fingers here since you havent posted your views on it, but here in Austria it was reported by some media as your typical Muslims hate Jews scenario. But the Guardians article is quite good.
Trotskygrad
бля

zeidmaan wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

But its also much more complicated than your usual racism. Its not like people in Bosnia hate Jews or Hindus or Buddhists etc. Its not that straight forward but unfortunately thats how its usually reported and understood by most people. Im not pointing fingers here since you havent posted your views on it, but here in Austria it was reported by some media as your typical Muslims hate Jews scenario. But the Guardians article is quite good.
What, from how I understood it, the current system of government makes parties running appeal to nationalist sentiment (breeding for racism tbh), and denying Jews office.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5182|Markham, Ontario
Thats not racism, or even discrimination. Thats outright poor management of the country. Not only should they update their laws now and then, they should seriously reevaluate their position. For example, either break the rules, let a perfectly capable jewish man into office, and have a nice well-run country for a while...

or deny him the position, put a less capable man in instead, have a bit of a harder time running the country for the next few years, plus possible riots by the jewish population and loads of skepticsm dumped on them, the stubborn government. At least though, they don't have a jew in office...
Sound stupid^^^^^?

I think it would help the country if they just abolished this racism, it wouldd put the government in a very favorable light wih the population and the world.

Last edited by pace51 (2010-04-23 12:10:35)

zeidmaan
+234|6424|Vienna

Trotskygrad wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

What, from how I understood it, the current system of government makes parties running appeal to nationalist sentiment (breeding for racism tbh), and denying Jews office.
well in order to secure peace between the 3 warring parties (Bosniaks, Croats, Serbs) the international community instituted a power sharing arrangement between those 3 warring factions. For example, instead of one president there is a presidency consisted of one member from each faction, basically 3 presidents. 

My point is that its not specifically aimed against Jews like its often being reported. Its not an text-book democratic system but for peace to be maintained the power has to be shared between those 3 groups that fought the war in the first place. Currently there is no other way.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6705|NJ
Is he Jewish or is he Bosnian?
zeidmaan
+234|6424|Vienna

cpt.fass1 wrote:

He is a Bosnian citizen and an Bosnian ambassador to Switzerland, but he is also Jewish which doesnt put him in one of the three warring parties. As I said said, its not that simple
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6705|NJ

zeidmaan wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

He is a Bosnian citizen and an Bosnian ambassador to Switzerland, but he is also Jewish which doesnt put him in one of the three warring parties. As I said said, its not that simple
So it's really not the Jewish thing? I didn't read the whole article.

It's because he isn't with any of the three warring parties? Well in order to be in office, people have rules set up that you have to follow. Sorry but if you don't want to play you can't call a Religion card.. Bosnia is still a really religious place isn't it?
zeidmaan
+234|6424|Vienna

cpt.fass1 wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

So it's really not the Jewish thing? I didn't read the whole article.

It's because he isn't with any of the three warring parties? Well in order to be in office, people have rules set up that you have to follow. Sorry but if you don't want to play you can't call a Religion card.. Bosnia is still a really religious place isn't it?
yeah its not a Jewish thing, read the article.
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5172

Trotskygrad wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

It seems blatant racism is a lot more prevalent in Europe than over here in the U.S.

Just a thought.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard