Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

bennisboy wrote:

1 thing, your magnum slug shotty thing is wrong. SAIGA is two shot kill at any range really.
Only in hardcore.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

JohnG@lt wrote:

War Man wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ok, to explain it I guess... The AUG, XM8, M416 and M16A2 all have the same top end damage of 16.7 damage per hit out to a range of six meters. This reflects the fact that they all fire the same NATO standard 5.56mm round. The M416, XM8 and M16A2 rifles are all 'standard' rifles and thus accurate out to a further range. They don't reach their minimum damage of 14.3 damage per hit until 64 meters (I mistakenly substituted yards for meters in the original post but it's close enough as makes little difference). The AUG on the other hand is a bullpup weapon and is therefor deemed less accurate at long range and because it has a shorter barrel, it loses muzzle velocity quicker than the other weapons of the same caliber. It has a bottom end damage of 11.2 damage but it reaches it's bottom end at 42 meters rather than 64. This leads to a steeper drop-off in damage past 6 meters.

So, the XM8, the M416 and the M16A2 all deal the same damage at the same ranges, the only thing that separates them for our purposes is their RPM which is 750, 700 and 800 respectively. Accuracy is not something I deal with as I feel it is mostly on the user to find what works best for themselves.
AUG has shorter barrel? Last time I checked, bullpup basically means shortening the gun by moving the magazine and barrel back to the stock. The Barrel length of the AUG is the same as the m16 in real life.
I didn't design the game. Bitch to EA.
Referring to that

Last edited by War Man (2010-03-31 15:25:41)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

JohnG@lt wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

1 thing, your magnum slug shotty thing is wrong. SAIGA is two shot kill at any range really.
Only in hardcore.
I've never played hardcore...
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

JohnG@lt wrote:

War Man wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ok, to explain it I guess... The AUG, XM8, M416 and M16A2 all have the same top end damage of 16.7 damage per hit out to a range of six meters. This reflects the fact that they all fire the same NATO standard 5.56mm round. The M416, XM8 and M16A2 rifles are all 'standard' rifles and thus accurate out to a further range. They don't reach their minimum damage of 14.3 damage per hit until 64 meters (I mistakenly substituted yards for meters in the original post but it's close enough as makes little difference). The AUG on the other hand is a bullpup weapon and is therefor deemed less accurate at long range and because it has a shorter barrel, it loses muzzle velocity quicker than the other weapons of the same caliber. It has a bottom end damage of 11.2 damage but it reaches it's bottom end at 42 meters rather than 64. This leads to a steeper drop-off in damage past 6 meters.

So, the XM8, the M416 and the M16A2 all deal the same damage at the same ranges, the only thing that separates them for our purposes is their RPM which is 750, 700 and 800 respectively. Accuracy is not something I deal with as I feel it is mostly on the user to find what works best for themselves.
AUG has shorter barrel? Last time I checked, bullpup basically means shortening the gun by moving the magazine and barrel back to the stock. The Barrel length of the AUG is the same as the m16 in real life.
I didn't design the game. Bitch to EA.
Yeah, I was gonna make a point about the F2000 firing that round too, but -.-
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Updated with more charts.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Putting a lot of effort into this. Good job, well worth the sticky.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Finray wrote:

It's not difficult, exercises my problem solving skills and potentially gives me an edge in the game I really use it to justify to myself the use of  offbeat weapons like the AN-94 and XM8 LMG over the M16A2 and M60
-Frederick Bastiat
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
The XM8 LMG is a fantastic weapon. Easily my favorite full auto
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Chou
+737|6761

Lucien wrote:

The XM8 LMG is a fantastic weapon. Easily my favorite full auto
That 4x scope confuses the crap out of me.
Trotskygrad
бля

JohnG@lt wrote:

Finray wrote:

It's not difficult, exercises my problem solving skills and potentially gives me an edge in the game I really use it to justify to myself the use of  offbeat weapons like the AN-94 and XM8 LMG over the M16A2 and M60
how did you do it (get the damage values)?

Maybe I'm missing the obvious "there's files in the game with weapon damage values" way...
This is what I think you did, maybe in a more efficient way.

Get a recon dude with C4 (or any other quick kill weapon) under you. You shoot them once, with the weapon you're testing, they detoonate the C4 (or instakill you) , you get the killcam showing their health.

AmIrite?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Finray wrote:

Maybe I'm missing the obvious "there's files in the game with weapon damage values" way...

Get a recon dude with C4 (or any other quick kill weapon) under you. You shoot them once, with the weapon you're testing, they detoonate the C4 (or instakill you) , you get the killcam showing their health.

AmIrite?
I just used the work of others. Why reinvent the wheel? The chart I posted on page two gave me all the info I needed.
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля

JohnG@lt wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

AmIrite?
I just used the work of others. Why reinvent the wheel? The chart I posted on page two gave me all the info I needed.
Well how did THEY do it then, :3
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

AmIrite?
Well how did THEY do it then, :3
Ask them

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Updated for patch, shotguns will be added in a bit.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Also, I'm not really happy with how they look right now but I wanted to get them out quickly so people know what they're dealing with.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Fixed the formatting.
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля
Want me to make a better looking shopped version?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Trotskygrad wrote:

Nah, it will be incoming tonight.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Trotskygrad wrote:

Ok Trotsky, if you want to snazz them up a bit go ahead. I'm done with the basic work now.
-Frederick Bastiat
killerdoomsky
+2|5350|a real place i made up
well i don't care what damage they do i just don't like the game. period
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

killerdoomsky wrote:

<-- doesn't care.
-Frederick Bastiat
Brasso
+1,549|6600

killerdoomsky wrote:

most constructive member of the year right here
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Trotskygrad
бля

haffeysucks wrote:

killerdoomsky wrote:

most constructive member of the year right here
lol haff, I second your nomination!
Trotskygrad
бля
As you can tell, I'm gonn have a helluva lotta fun cropping this baby up...

https://img2.pict.com/9a/60/f5/2781215/0/stuff.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Trotskygrad wrote:

As you can tell, I'm gonn have a helluva lotta fun cropping this baby up...

http://img2.pict.com/9a/60/f5/2781215/0/stuff.png
Have fun, just remember the information is more important than shiny graphics
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard