Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6692|San Francisco
Hey everyone,

Figured I'd just post this here to make is easily accessible for everyone running into this issue.

With the latest patch, some people (including me) started running into a frustrating bug where you wouldn't respawn as soon as the respawn counter ran down to 0.  The Enter Battle button would uncheck itself, and the game seemed to "freeze" up for about 5-10 seconds before actually spawning you.

Everyone who ran into this issue was running AVG.  To fix this spawn bug, you have to go into the Resident Shield section in the AVG GUI and set up exceptions for your Steam and BFBC2 directories, along with the BFBC2 folder in My Documents.

Do that, head back into BC2, e voilá!  You can spawn!

Last edited by Marconius (2010-04-22 10:39:33)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Hmm, I'm also lagging when I spawn in, but I suppose mine is a different kind. I'm able to spawn in 2 or 3 seconds after it hits 0, but not as much as 5 to 10. When the timer hits 0, I get a major drop in frames, all the way down to 0~1. Then it will rise back up and I'll be able to spawn. I added the program to the exception list, and I'm not running it through Steam either.

Well never it must be an anti-virus issue (I'm also running AVG). Framerate drops AND my ping shoots up as I'm spawning in. However, even though I added BC2.exe to the exceptions, I'm still having this problem. And the task manager doesn't show the AV process so I can't disable it. The game is also an exception on my Windows Firewall.

Any thoughts? Should I uninstall AVG and play some rounds and see what happens?

E: Uninstalled anti-virus and now the game is working like a charm.... Except now I need anti-virus

Last edited by mtb0minime (2010-04-21 21:37:58)

zeidmaan
+234|6413|Vienna

you can install avast, its not causing any problems.
www.avast.com
Or you can install the one you already have and than just disable it while you are playing. But you are not supposed to disable it from task manager. There has to be a option to disable it in AVG menu. Avast has a "stop protection" option and AVG probably has something similar.

edit:
this is probably enough:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5052104_disable … virus.html

Last edited by zeidmaan (2010-04-22 01:01:51)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Oops, probably should've edited my post again heh. Found a new antivirus, went with Avast. No problems at all. Tried messing around with AVG but just wasn't working.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5981|Perth, Australia
Well i tried the above and no dice. Same stalling as before.

If i stop the resident shield then it works fine so it is obviously something to do with it. Just need to find the exact cause.

Any folders other than the Steam and BC2? Subdirectories?

[edit]
Just a heads up. I had to add my "My Documents\BFBC2" folder to the exceptions list as well. Now it works fine for me.

Last edited by Rod Foxx (2010-04-22 07:47:55)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6692|San Francisco
Oops, yeah, I forgot to mention the My Documents/BFBC2 folder.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
I'll try this out! Thanks for posting it anyway, whether it works or not, because it was really getting on my nerves!
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51

RDMC wrote:

I'll try this out! Thanks for posting it anyway, whether it works or not, because it was really getting on my nerves!
Tried it out and it works like a charm! Thanks man
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5981|Perth, Australia

Marconius wrote:

Oops, yeah, I forgot to mention the My Documents/BFBC2 folder.
Well that makes you a silly billy.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6545
Works great.  Thanks for the help

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard