Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6658

lowing wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

not discrimination...I bet they would not hire a nun in a habit either.  EQUALLY.
I'm not a big fan of special privileges laws either, but this is discrimination. Since McDonald's corporate supports religious garb, this was just misinformed managerial stuff.

It said she filed a complaint, not a lawsuit. Isn't that a step forward?
Nope, I have never been to any McDonalds and have been served by anyone wearing religious garb.

I doubt you have either.
By Priests and Nuns at a Church fundraiser.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6617|Canada

lowing wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

not discrimination...I bet they would not hire a nun in a habit either.  EQUALLY.
I'm not a big fan of special privileges laws either, but this is discrimination. Since McDonald's corporate supports religious garb, this was just misinformed managerial stuff.

Nope, I have never been to any McDonalds and have been served by anyone wearing religious garb.

I doubt you have either.
Not sure bout the states, but here in canada, I have been served by people in religious garb plenty of times
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6642|USA

destruktion_6143 wrote:

lowing wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I doubt you have either.
Not sure bout the states, but here in canada, I have been served by people in religious garb plenty of times
really? just how many nuns and priets work at McDonalds anyway?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6658

Hmmm...

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11550/malay-mcdonalds.jpg

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11550/16hala184_2.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6642|USA
yeah and where in the US were those photos taken, or are you really trying to say working at McDonalds in Kuwiat ( lets say) is the same as working at McDonalds in the states?

and why exactly are Muslim women working at McDonalds so photo worthy anyway?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6645

lowing wrote:

yeah and where in the US were those photos taken, or are you really trying to say working at McDonalds in Kuwiat ( lets say) is the same as working at McDonalds in the states?

Quick bit for a press release by McD's. They were fired shortly thereafter.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
While there aren't many Muslims or anyone who wears a head scarf, on vacation I still have yet to see many employees at fast food restaurants wearing them. Any I saw would be wearing what the girl is in the top.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6658

lowing wrote:

I never specifically said US.   But I've seen them in San Diego and L.A.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6642|USA

Ilocano wrote:

lowing wrote:

so you are trying to pass off pictures of Muslim women in a Muslim country as an argument against the OP?

nice try.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6658

lowing wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

lowing wrote:

so you are trying to pass off pictures of Muslim women in a Muslim country as an argument against the OP?

nice try.
Woah, easy there cowboy.  I was going by your quote below.  Nothing about being just in the US.  And I'm not about to take pictures at a SoCal McD just because they are wearing Religious garb.

lowing wrote:

I doubt you have either.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5464|Ventura, California
I didn't read too far into that. But apparently he doesn't want her wearing the headgear. I can understand this since in McDonalds in Switzerland the cooks wear these things so your hair doesn't go everywhere, so her towel would be a problem.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6396|North Carolina

lowing wrote:

I can vouch that I've seen a McDonald's worker here wearing a hijab at the cash register.

Granted, I seriously doubt anyone would want to wear one of those things while working the fryer.  It's hot enough being near one without any headgear.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

lowing wrote:

Why do you give enough of a crap to remark about it? If their hands, body and clothes are clean, I'd rather be served by a McDonald's full of Muslim women than pimply-faced slackjaws who pick their nose with the same unwashed finger they use to wipe their ass before filling your fries.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
because he's not a bigot
Tu Stultus Es
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6642|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Why do you give enough of a crap to remark about it? If their hands, body and clothes are clean, I'd rather be served by a McDonald's full of Muslim women than pimply-faced slackjaws who pick their nose with the same unwashed finger they use to wipe their ass before filling your fries.
I don't give a crap.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6642|USA

eleven bravo wrote:

because he's not a bigot
never said that, I do have prejudices and I do have some bigotry toward certain issues. I however, am not a racist.

How 'bout you? Lie to me and tell me ya don't.
rdx-fx
+955|6582
Meh.  The Chicago area McDonalds are staffed with employees who can barely speak English, and (in my personal experience) got the orders quite wrong more often than not.  Much more often.  And were quite put out when you had them correct the order.

So, if some muslim girl (that can actually speak English) wants to wear a headscarf while serving me a variety of pork products -- by all means, more power to her. 

I won't ask her awkward questions about how her religion feels about handling pork products all day, as long as she doesn't ask why someone with a very Jewish last name is ordering a Sausage Egg & Cheese McMuffin
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6559|Mountains of NC

soooooooooooooooooooo is the next lawsuit going to come from strip joint
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
rdx-fx
+955|6582

SEREMAKER wrote:

soooooooooooooooooooo is the next lawsuit going to come from strip joint
Yes.  Bring your lawyer friend as an 'advisor' from here on out.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

lowing wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I don't give a crap.
Then why bother getting into page-long arguments about it?
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5153
I'm fairly sure that is Indonesia, the largest Muslim country in the world. The reason for the photo would have probably been since it was a Muslim country and and all you finally have women working there in an American brand.

The top picture at least.

Last edited by Marlo Stanfield (2010-04-21 21:28:46)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6642|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I don't give a crap.
I don't give a crap that they were denied employment. THis has nothing to do with my having an opinion on the matter.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

lowing wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I don't give a crap.
I don't give a crap that they were denied employment. THis has nothing to do with my having an opinion on the matter.
You don't give a crap that they were denied employment, but you're posting in a thread called "Muslim Woman Denied Job at McDonald's Files Complaint."
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6642|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

You don't give a crap that they were denied employment, but you're posting in a thread called "Muslim Woman Denied Job at McDonald's Files Complaint."
yeah and?

who the fuck are you to tell me what I can post and where I can post it? Tell ya what, unless you have a contribution, piss off and stop worrying about what I say.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

lowing wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

yeah and?

who the fuck are you to tell me what I can post and where I can post it? Tell ya what, unless you have a contribution, piss off and stop worrying about what I say.
Who the fuck are you to tell me that I can't comment on delicious irony?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard