ronin1942
+-1|6835
soup nazi--- the guy probably saw your feet through the wall .... ive got so many knife kills this way....lol
[AH]Cil3r
+0|6836
Hard to say whether or not the guy was using a hack.

I've had extremely bad days where this kind of stuff happened to me as well. I'm not one to scream 'hack' all the time though, so I ususally try to find a reasonable explination.

The other night on my newest profile (http://bf2s.com/player/AH-CiI3r/), there were probably some people that thought I was hacking with my knife. I raked in 5 or 6 knife kills in the period of 2 minutes or so, just because there were people around, and it was open season. When I'm in a knife fight, I'll jump left and right to avoid getting shot, but I most definatly don't hack, since I believe hackers take the fun from a game like this.

The only time I've actually screamed 'hack' across my clans TS server was something that was clearly a health hack of some sort. It was on Gulf of Oman, on a 64 man map. I was running up to take the little village outpost right on the river (the one set back more toward the MEC base). I saw a guy spawn right inside the hut over the water. I ran up, point blank range and unloaded a full clip (and I mean all 12 shots) off of my DAO. The guy didn't flinch, die or anything.

I was pretty pissed, and started screaming 'hack' across my TS, when the guy turns, pulls his pistol on me (he was spec. ops) and pot shot me once in the face. BAM, I'm dead. Best part was, the guy was a member of the clan that ran the server. Needless to say, I made a comment about people/clans that hack, and I was tossed from the server for it.

Anyway, since I know we've all had good and bad days, it's extremely hard to say whether or not he was actually using a hack, but I feel where you're coming from on the sentiment.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6825
It is very possible that he isn't hacking... but when I see suspicious things I just think about the screenshots I saw of a hack for America's Army. it showed this abnormal screen. (I do not know how it worked.. I only saw a screenie of it and this is what I got from it) all the enemies had green squares around them. you could see these green squaresthrough walls so you could tell where people were at all times, and you couldn't be surprised. there were numerous other things... but that one thing is mainly what I remember. but anyways, like I said before he probably isn't hacking.. I probably do just suck.

but:

BrightAsh wrote:

So all and all: if i read your story i don't feel as if the guy was using a hack. I think he had a great day and you had a fairly bad day, looking at your SPM you've had more bad days
I'd like to know how you can judge somebody's skill upon their SPM?
The Soup Nazi
+18|6779|North Lauderdale, FL

ronin1942 wrote:

soup nazi--- the guy probably saw your feet through the wall .... ive got so many knife kills this way....lol
as much as i'd like to believe you, i know that a large number of Battlefield 2 players have either tried or are using hacks.  i'd say the chances of him using a hack are 80%.  sure my leg may have been clipping through the ceiling, but since he was inside the whole time, he knew the exact right time to stare at the ceiling.
bad-dog
+0|6824|Israel

The Soup Nazi wrote:

BrightAsh wrote:

eeehm]First of all, i don't believe in bunnyhopping. Bunnyhopping is a Counter strike term that allowed you to move increadibly fast...
actually, i think bunny hopping comes from further back than CS even.  you could do trick jumping like this back in Quake 1 and 2.  Quake 3 was a complete bunny-hop fest (as is Quake 4, i found out last night).

back on topic.  i don't doubt that your opponent had a wallhack of some sort.  if you're sitting in the brush under the tree canopy and have not yet made a sound, i find it hard to believe that enemies can find/see you so easily without the aide of UAV, abnormally low graphic settings, or a wallhack.

three days ago i was playing Dalian Plant.  i went in as a USMC special ops and flew an F35 from the carrier to the China base.  when i got there, i ejected from the jet and parachuted onto the hangar of their airstrip.  i was going to hang out on top until a J10 spawned.  at any rate, while i was laying prone on their hangar, i got sniped THROUGH the hangar ceiling by a Chinese guy (with an m95) was waiting for the jet.  i don't care how good a UAV or a "spotted" call is, you can't do that without the aide of a wallhack.  for the record, the guy only took two shots on me.  the first one took me to 2 bars of health and the second killed me.  he knew exactly where i was on the roof.
I wanna tell you something about what happened to you, I do not know if that is the situtation but it may happen sometimes, maybe somebody said it here before but I'm too lazy to read all posts.
You might been on the hanger but your leg or something could be seen through it ( ofcourse a result of a bug in the game) and I know it happens a lot with walls on Sharqi, what happens that you can actually shoot those parts of the body and it will count as a hit which looks like you're using a hack but actually just a bug or call it an exploit in the game ofcourse both aren't allowed and shouldn't be kicked as a warning and banned if used again but still he doesn't have to use a hack for 100% to do such a thing.
The Soup Nazi
+18|6779|North Lauderdale, FL
bad-dog, i don't know if you realize this or not, but there's a nifty little key under your "L" key that has a "." on it.  holy run-on sentences, batman!

at any rate, what are the chances that he would've been looking at the ceiling right then?  even if my leg had "glitched" through, he had to have spotted it just on accident, right?  i mean, come on.  i flew in low and only used the chute above the hangar for just a half second or so.  i did not see him at all outside the hangar.  and there was no one else around.  i'd say the chances of him staring at the ceiling and seeing my glitched leg through the top of the hangar are pretty much 0.

why is it so hard for some people to readily admit that (considering that there are a dozen different undetected wallhacks out for bf2) people are hacking on BF2?
[CPD]588
ANTI-TANK
+0|6762|Columbus, Ga.

The Soup Nazi wrote:

BrightAsh wrote:

eeehm]First of all, i don't believe in bunnyhopping. Bunnyhopping is a Counter strike term that allowed you to move increadibly fast...
actually, i think bunny hopping comes from further back than CS even.  you could do trick jumping like this back in Quake 1 and 2.  Quake 3 was a complete bunny-hop fest (as is Quake 4, i found out last night).
you're right, everyone calls that what it isn't.  Bunnyhopping was/is a way in other games to gain speed by strafing/jumping (and good timing).  what ppl are doing in BF2 is merely jumping around when in close combat to try and avoid getting hit. 

i have to admit, it's a hard habit to break coming from Team Fortress, i'm just used to jumping.  however, in my opinion, when i fight someone that jumps around me i find that i actually kill them easier than when they just hop to the ground (prone).  i dunno, i'm workin on gettin better bout not jumping so much, it's just a bad habit i suppose.

lol if people actually bunnyhopped like they do in other games, you'd really be hating BF2 right now. (as would i)
bad-dog
+0|6824|Israel
The Soup Nazi , I know about the magical key called dot hehe.
But it just I was in a hury and I didn't want to forget to write that post.
Anyways, I admit there are hacks in BF2 and as I said "I do not know if that is the situtation but it may happen sometimes", I meant that it could be a hack and yet could not, and believe me, I stair a lot at the top of the hanger if I wait for a plane, lol.
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6799

RadeonII wrote:

after reading this thread i decided to run a search on google check this out

http://www.thetechguide.com/forum/index … opic=20455   

it shows a few different sites you can get the hacks from and screen shots of what they do. I cant wait till PB starts the hardware ban like they use for other games. a 2 minute pb bad for getting caught isnt even a slap on the wrist. people that hack for any reason need to be ______  fill in the blanks im to pissed to think off anything
LMAO They're SELLING hacks!!! How sick is that???

And EDIT: There are obviously more cheaters than I thought...not good.

Last edited by LeGrandAssidomaen (2005-10-20 17:49:10)

ShellShock.PwN
+31|6779|Barrie Ontario
My solution to Bunny Hopping is that little Grenade that comes out of Assault Weapons. That usually solves the problem. And you know whats even funnier, Getting called a noob when u kill urself and kill the bunny hopper.

The ONLY game i can remeber that didnt have Bunny hoping was.....The First Version of DOOM. Man that game got me hooked on Shooters.

Last edited by ShellShock.PwN (2005-10-20 17:59:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard