Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5983|Truthistan

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Marlo Stanfield wrote:

The amount of platitudes that come from diesel_dyk is amazing.
http://eatmorecookies.files.wordpress.c … atypus.jpg
These?
mmmmm platitudes

Platitude
A platitude is a trite, meaningless, biased, or prosaic statement that is presented as if it were significant and original. The word derives from plat, the French word for "flat." Whether any given statement is considered to have meaning is highly subjective, so platitude is often—but not always—used as a pejorative term to describe seemingly profound statements that a certain person views as unoriginal or shallow. An example of a platitude is "go with the flow" or "a rule is a rule."

So Marlo, perhaps you should enter the debate and give us your opinion on the subject matter presented in the OP.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6760|PNW

Diesel_dyk wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Marlo Stanfield wrote:

The amount of platitudes that come from diesel_dyk is amazing.
http://eatmorecookies.files.wordpress.c … atypus.jpg
These?
mmmmm platitudes

Platitude
A platitude is a trite, meaningless, biased, or prosaic statement that is presented as if it were significant and original. The word derives from plat, the French word for "flat." Whether any given statement is considered to have meaning is highly subjective, so platitude is often—but not always—used as a pejorative term to describe seemingly profound statements that a certain person views as unoriginal or shallow. An example of a platitude is "go with the flow" or "a rule is a rule."

So Marlo, perhaps you should enter the debate and give us your opinion on the subject matter presented in the OP.
Facetious
–adjective
1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

But yeah.
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5152

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Expected backlash after getting this Health care bill that the majority of Americans opposed, rammed down their throats.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6638

Following along with what? The global liberal media conspiracy? I'm fully aware that the Vatican likes to fuck kids, I just don't have any interest in talking about it. It's a pretty simply issue. Priests are going to keep touching kids as long as they aren't allowed to get laid, and the Catholic Church is going to keep covering it up because they don't want their ridiculous policy - that isn't even ordered by the religious text that they base their lives on - to look bad.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6514|South Florida
Thats what happens when you scam through a bill that the majority of the population does not want. Thats what seperates a dictator from a democracy
15 more years! 15 more years!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6705

Mitch wrote:

Thats what happens when you scam through a bill that the majority of the population does not want. Thats what seperates a dictator from a democracy
/facepalm. Congress passed it, the people elected the congressmen. And no Obama is not a dictator as much as you want him to be.

G

E

D
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6638

Mitch wrote:

It's true. Alex Jones said so.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5248|foggy bottom
why the fuck do people care about government spending all of sudden?  I thought it was reall funny on the anniversary of the iraq war there were dual protests, one at the recruiting station protesting the war, the other a tea party protest at city hall.  WOW! the same day. cept the tea parties didnt give a fuck about the trillion dollar iraq war.
Tu Stultus Es
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6705

eleven bravo wrote:

why the fuck do people care about government spending all of sudden?  I thought it was reall funny on the anniversary of the iraq war there were dual protests, one at the recruiting station protesting the war, the other a tea party protest at city hall.  WOW! the same day. cept the tea parties didnt give a fuck about the trillion dollar iraq war.
Good for business remember.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ruisleipa
+149|6211|teh FIN-land

Mitch wrote:

lmao
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6703|US

eleven bravo wrote:

Probably because fiscal conservatives are more likely to generally support Republicans than Democrats.  Most people tend to examine and criticize their opponents more than their allies.  (Which is why, IMO, supporters of both major parties look like hypocritical idiots much of the time...)
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6343

JohnG@lt wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Typically you deliberatly sidestepped the point of your selective outrage. Also

I didn't really see any  " Lives endangered ".

Historically these shrill claims by the Left  have a way of remaining unfounded. Like the " KILL HIM " chant at the McCain - Palin rally.

We will see and you will forget the whole matter when it dosn't back you up with facts. In the mean time I will refresh your memory shortly.
See this is what I hate about you right wing nutjobs. When you have nothing to say on a subject, you *have* to bring up everything "liberals" have ever done wrong. This isn't the place to discuss that. If you want to talk about bad stuff Dem's have done, go make your own fucking thread, I'll be happy to talk about it there.

As to the gas line being cut; would you be happy leaving your kids in a house with the gas line cut? No, because it's fucking dangerous. Whether that be because of inhaling it, or it catching fire, it is not good stuff.
Gas line cut... as in shut off.
My view is Your Out Rage is Very Selective . This makes you a Patsy for the Left or youve been asleep for the last 10 years

See Below

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/29 … ineffigy29 Palin hung in efigy
Clinton Democrats » “Art” Exhibit in NYC encourages shooting Sarah Palin ...
Oct 22, 2008 ... NYC Museum Exhibit 'Pokes Fun' at Palin
Imajine if someone tried it with a democrat
. The art called a “Photo Op with Sarah Palin” features cardboard cutouts of ... The artwork called “A Photo Op with Sarah Palin” opened last month at the Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition. ... The piece costs $12500, but getting a picture taken is free. ...
clintondems.com/.../art-exhibit-in-nyc-encourages-shooting-sarah-palin

Bobby Jindal, and her boyfriend Joe Brown were brutally attacked leaving a fundraising event because they were wearing Sarah Palin buttons
http://www.dakotavoice.com/2010/04/upda … undraiser/

Disgraceful Media Bias: Man Whose Finger Was Bitten Off at CA Protest by Criminal ObamaCare Supporter Speaks Out (video)
Posted By Vicki McClure Davidson on March 31, 2010
Back in September 2009, I wrote about a deranged, MoveOn.org left-wing ObamaCare supporter at a California protest who bit off the finger of an elderly man.
The fringe media barely covered this heinous attack. In fact, most Obama-fawning media ignores any attacks on conservatives or Republicans until they escalate (such as that of the countless death threats posted on YouTube by lleft-wing extremist and Muslim Norman Leboon, against GOP Whip Eric Cantor and his family). Threats, real or fictional, against leftists, on the other hand, are greatly exaggerated and/or fabricated. For instance, this month, the media has gone overboard trying to smear and vilify conservatives for non-existent spitting and racial slurs at the DC protest against ObamaCare.

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/ … out-video/

The Smear
Sarah Incited 'Kill Him' in Scranton Pennsylvania Rally
The first story from Scranton Times-Tribune (Joe Biden's hometown paper) reporter David Singleton [1], appeared with allegations that while congressional candidate Chris Hackett was addressing the crowd and mentioned Obama’s name a man in the audience shouted “kill him."

The headline reads: Palin rallies Scranton voters; crowd member calls to 'kill' Obama

The Truth
The Secret Service Investigated: Allegations Unfounded [2] No Video, No Audio, No Witnesses, No Agent Heard Any Such Remark
The Secret Service in Scranton said allegations that someone yelled “kill him” when presidential hopeful Barack Obama’s name was mentioned during Tuesday’s Sarah Palin rally are unfounded.[2]

Not one Secret Service agent in the crowd heard the remark.

The only person to allegedly hear it was the reporter. He would not comment on the issue.

The Scranton Times-Tribune reporter, David Singleton, first reported the alleged incident on its Web site Tuesday October 14, 2008 [1] and then again in its print edition Wednesday.

The first story, written by reporter David Singleton, appeared with allegations that while congressional candidate Chris Hackett was addressing the crowd and mentioned Obama’s name a man in the audience shouted “kill him."

However, the Secret Service in Scranton said allegations that someone yelled “kill him” when presidential hopeful Barack Obama’s name was mentioned during Tuesday’s Sarah Palin rally are unfounded.[2]

http://fightthepalinsmears.com/smears/s … ranton-pa/

Re: $10,000 Reward: Where's the N-Word Evidence?

Greg Pollowitz
http://media.nationalreview.com

Andrew Breitbart is offering $10,000 for evidence that it was used at the Tea Party rally in D.C.:

If we let them get away with Saturday?s stunt ? using the imagery of the Civil Rights era and
hurtful lies to cast aspersions upon the tea party whole ? then they really will have won the day.

It?s time for the allegedly pristine character of Rep. John Lewis to put up or shut up. Therefore,
I am offering $10,000 of my own money to provide hard evidence that the N- word was hurled at him not
15 times, as his colleague reported, but just once. Surely one of those two cameras wielded by members
of his entourage will prove his point.

If the crowd had been screaming " J**", I betcha Andrew would be
offering $10,000 for their arrest and imprisoned for violating the
anti-semitic laws.

ihttp://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Soc/soc.retirement/2010-03/msg04506.html

(UPDATED) VIDEO – The Egg Man Of Searchlight, Nevada
THE SMOKING EGG
When we first reported that Harry Reid Supporters threw eggs at the Tea Party Express bus, some on the Left tried to blame Andrew Breitbart, claiming that it never happened, or that if it did, Breitbart probably threw the eggs himself to make the Reid supporters look bad.
Too bad for them there is video of the smoking egg. In this clip, a Reid supporting union man is busted egg handed!

http://www.foundingbloggers.com/wordpre … ht-nevada/

YouTube - George Bush Get Shot Dead In Front Of Hundreds In Chicago...
See The Whole Movie Free At www.URSCENE.com. ..... queueGeorge Bush Assassination from Bush Assassination Film ...Too Funny !

I didnt have to look very hard to find these examples but i never heard them on the TV NEWS
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6705
"Waxman cancels Obamacare CEO hearing"
Waxman can't argue that this massive entitlement bill will have serious financial impacts on companies.
And that in turn will affect people financially that work and do business with these companies.
I wish he would have had them all come to Washington... they would have made him look more foolish than he already does.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini … 53384.html

Last edited by Catbox (2010-04-14 14:57:32)

Love is the answer
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6394|North Carolina

Catbox wrote:

"Waxman cancels Obamacare CEO hearing"
Waxman can't argue that this massive entitlement bill will have serious financial impacts on companies.
And that in turn will affect people financially that work and do business with these companies.
I wish he would have had them all come to Washington... they would have made him look more foolish than he already does.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini … 53384.html
Actually, the fact that we have to compete with other countries that have universal care while we rely on employer plans is part of why it's expensive to hire people here.  When the government foots the bill instead of employers, it makes benefits much cheaper for them.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6537|San Diego, CA, USA
HR just sent us a notice that our Healthcare premiums are gong up as a result of "resenr changes inthe law"..  Thanks Obamacare™!
ruisleipa
+149|6211|teh FIN-land

Harmor wrote:

HR just sent us a notice that our Healthcare premiums are gong up as a result of "resenr changes inthe law"..  Thanks Obamacare™!
I wouldn't rule out people simply cashing in on the changes and then blaming Obama...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6663|Canberra, AUS

ruisleipa wrote:

Harmor wrote:

I wouldn't rule out people simply cashing in on the changes and then blaming Obama...
It will almost certainly happen.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6683|San Francisco
The dumbest and most ignorant will always be the ones to scream the loudest and make the most of a topic they know nothing about.  People in this country actually did want reform to pass, and it was just a pity that it was so watered down after the Democrats allowed in some of the Republican ideas.  All in all, it's good that at least something is in motion to bring about change in the healthcare industry.

And yes, most of the nutjobs are taking the hatred way too far.  They hate anything new, they dislike change, and they just don't understand any of it so they turn their brains into DVRs for the latest right-wing, hate-spewing pundits.  I just hope something can come about before anything extremely serious happens.  The current diatribe coming from the right and the building tension amongst the stupid makes me feel like another Oklahoma City bombing is going to occur...
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6705

Marconius wrote:

The dumbest and most ignorant will always be the ones to scream the loudest and make the most of a topic they know nothing about.  People in this country actually did want reform to pass, and it was just a pity that it was so watered down after the Democrats allowed in some of the Republican ideas.  All in all, it's good that at least something is in motion to bring about change in the healthcare industry.

And yes, most of the nutjobs are taking the hatred way too far.  They hate anything new, they dislike change, and they just don't understand any of it so they turn their brains into DVRs for the latest right-wing, hate-spewing pundits.  I just hope something can come about before anything extremely serious happens.  The current diatribe coming from the right and the building tension amongst the stupid makes me feel like another Oklahoma City bombing is going to occur...
Settle down Francis... lol
I think you covered all the progressive left talking points...
Only violence so far is leftist union thugs...
We the people are going to take our country back next November by voting.... peacefully
I see you are from San Francisco... Give Nancy a hug for me...lol
Love is the answer
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6683|San Francisco
Mm hmm.

Progressive left talking points?  It's the solid truth, although the truth does tend to have a liberal bias.  Ah well, try as you might, you are still going to fail come November.  "Your country" has had its 8 year run, and look what that's gone and done to it.  Marvelous job there.

The so-called "isolated incidents" are escalating, and the coy speeches and terms being thrown out by Republican leaders are disconcerting, especially as the insanity of their followers comes more and more into light with each passing day.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6705

Marconius wrote:

Mm hmm.

Progressive left talking points?  It's the solid truth, although the truth does tend to have a liberal bias.  Ah well, try as you might, you are still going to fail come November.  "Your country" has had its 8 year run, and look what that's gone and done to it.  Marvelous job there.

The so-called "isolated incidents" are escalating, and the coy speeches and terms being thrown out by Republican leaders are disconcerting, especially as the insanity of their followers comes more and more into light with each passing day.
Maybe so... lol
and you are correct... the country is all of ours regardless of ideology...
I meant that we can slow down the insanity of both parties in Nov... elect people who represent all of us...(people that listen)
I don't think the republicans or democrat leaders give a shit what the people who elected them think.

off topic
saw your webpage... very cool...
The rotoscoping stuff is great...
Love is the answer
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6343
If your Gas Line is cut ( wether you did it yourself to create sympathy or your Gardner did it by accident ) the Gas dosen't make it into your house, How this could start a fire is beyond me, it cant accumulate outdoors, Clearly you have little practical experience in Anything. No wonder you think you know it all.

For the Reality aspect of who Really creates and promotes violence, fosters hatred and is totally intolerant of divergent views, opinion or dissent

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/ … aiser.html

Allee Bautsch suffered a broken leg and her boyfriend suffered a concussion and a fractured nose and jaw in the incident, which happened after a fundraising event at Brennan's Restaurant on behalf of the Louisiana Republican Party on Friday evening.

Seems like your side acutaully committs the real acts of Hate Egg throwing, Broken bones, Fractures and

Traumatic amputation

for Example, Tim McViegh is 6 feet under where is bill ayres or The FLA gang clinton pardoned and released ?

I guess the left's attitude is " He/She is our - terrorist, rapist, murder, pedophile, thief, traitor, etc add your own examples

but the media acuses The Right with out reporting on the left's transgressions.

all the Acusation is on the Left - The Proof - Be it Video, Still photos, Audio Tape or  Police/Secret Service Investigations all back up the Right.

and since all you can do is fallback  name calling. . .   . . .

Better hurry up with that fairness doctrine.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-04-16 09:41:32)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6400|'Murka

C'mon, H/J...those are just isolated incidents. Strings of similar, violent, isolated incidents enacted by people supporting the same ideology.

You really should be more tolerant.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6394|North Carolina

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

If your Gas Line is cut ( wether you did it yourself to create sympathy or your Gardner did it by accident ) the Gas dosen't make it into your house, How this could start a fire is beyond me, it cant accumulate outdoors, Clearly you have little practical experience in Anything. No wonder you think you know it all.

For the Reality aspect of who Really creates and promotes violence, fosters hatred and is totally intolerant of divergent views, opinion or dissent

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/ … aiser.html

Allee Bautsch suffered a broken leg and her boyfriend suffered a concussion and a fractured nose and jaw in the incident, which happened after a fundraising event at Brennan's Restaurant on behalf of the Louisiana Republican Party on Friday evening.

Seems like your side acutaully committs the real acts of Hate Egg throwing, Broken bones, Fractures and

Traumatic amputation

for Example, Tim McViegh is 6 feet under where is bill ayres or The FLA gang clinton pardoned and released ?

I guess the left's attitude is " He/She is our - terrorist, rapist, murder, pedophile, thief, traitor, etc add your own examples

but the media acuses The Right with out reporting on the left's transgressions.

all the Acusation is on the Left - The Proof - Be it Video, Still photos, Audio Tape or  Police/Secret Service Investigations all back up the Right.

and since all you can do is fallback  name calling. . .   . . .

Better hurry up with that fairness doctrine.
Well, since you brought Ayers into this discussion, the only reason he didn't go to jail was because the FBI fucked up the investigation.  That's not a political problem, that's a bureaucratic one....
13rin
+977|6468

Turquoise wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

First someone cuts the gas line to a Democratic Reps brother's house, after his address was published on some Tea Baggers blog, and now someone sent white powder to another Democratic Reps office. What the fuck is wrong with some members of the Republican party? Whilst no one has been killed, in the strictest sense of the word this is terrorism.

REALLY ?

Did anyone refer to them in mockingly in disgusting sexual terms ?.........

,,,,,,,,,After an exhaustive  2 year investigation of the Famous " Kill him " chant allegedly heard at the Mc Cain - Palin Rally during the Election. The .Secret Services was unable to produce any Proof or Audio of it and the Only person who claims to have heard it was the "Reporter" who Reported it.

http://www.timesleader.com/news/breakin … nded_.html

Time to reap what you Sow.
As I said, we have a lot of crazy people in this country, although only a few of those examples are comparable to cutting someone's gas line.
C'ept for this.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard